The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 22 September 2017, 03:15 PM   #31
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

resale value of Rolex stickers goes way down with wear. I recommend you peel them immediately and list them on ebay
Old 22 September 2017, 03:37 PM   #32
CrazyMD
"TRF" Member

I leave mine on for as long as I can and I don't care what others think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 September 2017, 04:41 PM   #33
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I wait until I get home and then take my time.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 22 September 2017, 05:07 PM   #34
G'ed
"TRF" Member

I put the watch in safe and wear a fake one.
Old 22 September 2017, 05:17 PM   #35
Bigblack
"TRF" Member

Watch: got a few
Shamed to say Im in the minority and keep the stickers on until i get comfy with the watch, the stickers have saved me countless times from dings and scratches, the first time i took the stickers off a watch at the AD that very day some goof ball at a party bumped into my watch and dinged it . i feel like its always the first 10 times you wear a watch that something happens so i think of it like training wheels. But yes its super tacky to keep em on but i don't so do as you please.
Old 22 September 2017, 05:27 PM   #36
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
I treat my watches like bananas 😂
Old 22 September 2017, 05:30 PM   #37
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I know someone who keeps it on gold centre links. I don't argue with him as he's a rather dangerous man to upset.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 22 September 2017, 05:30 PM   #38
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Leave it on. Leave it on the car the couch and cover everything you own.

FCS. It's an umbilical cord.... Take it off. Or just make a fist with your right hand extend your index and thumb. Hold to forehead every time you are in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 22 September 2017, 05:50 PM   #39
Mick P
Banned

Watch: 39mm Explorer
Chaps

People who wear a watch with the stickers left on give WISs a bad name and make us the butt of jokes. They should be socially ostracised and banned from the company of gentlemen.

Frankly they are peasants and Rolex should refuse to sell watches to them because they ridicule the brand.

Regards

Mick
Old 22 September 2017, 05:53 PM   #40
ekiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
Chaps

People who wear a watch with the stickers left on give WISs a bad name and make us the butt of jokes. They should be socially ostracised and banned from the company of gentlemen.

Frankly they are peasants and Rolex should refuse to sell watches to them because they ridicule the brand.

Regards

Mick
lol you must really hate plastic :D
Old 22 September 2017, 05:54 PM   #41
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
I never peel mine, I boil them off in a pot. Once they're floating I reduce the heat and skim them from the surface at which point I add the cubed chuck roast, onions, salt, pepper, and thyme. Add potatoes and carrots last and cook for around 90 minutes.

Meanwhile, the stickers have air-dried in the iron skillet they were placed in after being run through a salad spinner, each flipped once or twice during the final drying process to ensure no water remains underneath. Leave them in the skillet and add charcoal or Zippo lighter fluid, the rule of thumb being the more the better but at minimum enough to soak all the stickers and bottom of the pan. Add Casa Noble tequila into a glass and drink it with one hand while swirling the stickers and fluid in the skillet held in the other. Swirl gently so fluid doesn't slop over the edge of the pan and make a mess.

When your drink is finished replace the glass with a handheld propane blowtorch and apply direct flame into the skillet onto the stickers using clockwise and counterclockwise motion until everything has completely burned away. Scrub the skillet with sand in the creek out back, then come inside and enjoy your stew.
Old 22 September 2017, 05:57 PM   #42
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
I never peel mine, I boil them off in a pot. Once they're floating I reduce the heat and skim them from the surface at which point I add the cubed chuck roast, onions, salt, pepper, and thyme. Add potatoes and carrots last and cook for around 90 minutes.

Meanwhile, the stickers have air-dried in the iron skillet they were placed in after being run through a salad spinner, each flipped once or twice during the final drying process to ensure no water remains underneath. Leave them in the skillet and add charcoal or Zippo lighter fluid, the rule of thumb being the more the better but at minimum enough to soak all the stickers and bottom of the pan. Add Casa Noble tequila into a glass and drink it with one hand while swirling the stickers and fluid in the skillet held in the other. Swirl gently so fluid doesn't slop over the edge of the pan and make a mess.

When your drink is finished replace the glass with a handheld propane blowtorch and apply direct flame into the skillet onto the stickers using clockwise and counterclockwise motion until everything has completely burned away. Scrub the skillet with sand in the creek out back, then come inside and enjoy your stew.
Yum.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 22 September 2017, 05:57 PM   #43
ekiro
Banned

Quote:

Don't forget to wash your hands beforehand!
Old 22 September 2017, 06:11 PM   #44
autumnwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'ed View Post
I put the watch in safe and wear a fake one.

And yes there are people who do that where I'm at :DD
Old 22 September 2017, 06:13 PM   #45
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiro View Post
Don't forget to wash your hands beforehand!
And afterwards, you don't forget that a stew pot scrubber, while okay for stainless steel, will mar the gold surfaces of your new watch so hang it from the rack in the dishwasher with the bowls and plates instead. For best results use the high heat drying cycle.
Old 22 September 2017, 06:14 PM   #46
autumnwind
"TRF" Member

The only time I've ever left stickers on was on the clasp of an Everose Daytona.... I know I'm going to get pummeled for admitting this
Old 22 September 2017, 06:25 PM   #47
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnwind View Post
The only time I've ever left stickers on was on the clasp of an Everose Daytona.... I know I'm going to get pummeled for admitting this
Confessing to the world doesn't make you any less of a sick, sick, sticker-wearing puppy. All it does is force a grotesque image of your horrific watch crime into everyone else's head.

I'll pre-thank you now for all the nightmares I'll be having tonight.

Thank you
Old 22 September 2017, 06:32 PM   #48
Bryant Park
Banned

I take the plastic off my Rolexes immediately but wrap myself per this photo. Never a scratch. Better safe than sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_558.jpg (74.2 KB, 130 views)
Old 22 September 2017, 06:39 PM   #49
autumnwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Confessing to the world doesn't make you any less of a sick, sick, sticker-wearing puppy. All it does is force a grotesque image of your horrific watch crime into everyone else's head.

I'll pre-thank you now for all the nightmares I'll be having tonight.
you're welcome! It did eventually come off and its also left the nest already. Looking at it again though on a recent post makes me think I perhaps should not have let it go.
Old 22 September 2017, 06:43 PM   #50
CRM114
"TRF" Member

^^^^^
Any Rolex goes well with a bubble suit or bubble tux, especially nowadays unlike stodgy, repressed olden times where we can wear what we want whenever we want in order to broadcast our awesome individuality to anyone who might not think we are free-thinkers based on what we wear.

Looks great! I especially like the hoodie-esque touch and the chin/neck protector in case someone suddenly shoots a puck at you.
Old 22 September 2017, 06:47 PM   #51
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Before you wear it for the first time!
Old 22 September 2017, 06:52 PM   #52
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone1983 View Post
resale value of Rolex stickers goes way down with wear. I recommend you peel them immediately and list them on ebay
+1 lol
Old 22 September 2017, 06:57 PM   #53
tommy91
"TRF" Member

I would take them off as not to damage the sticker, make sure you keep the stickers safe along with the papers as the stickers are what really drives the price if you come to sell, we are all a sucker for the stickers
Old 22 September 2017, 07:26 PM   #54
Kelvo
"TRF" Member

Hell, no!
Old 22 September 2017, 07:41 PM   #55
regnant
"TRF" Member

I remove them instantly but I kept some of them in the box . However, for Submariner there's nothing left all were discarded.
Stickers may sound a protector against knocks, scratches, dings and other things but they bring more harm than good and they collect bacteria. We discovered a hidden from view sticker in my Rolex Daytona 116506 and it was so unpleasant that I didn't post it here to warm owners who like to keep stickers on
Old 22 September 2017, 07:44 PM   #56
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
I wonder what those who are considering a Rolex and happen upon this forum think to themselves about some of the posts they read.
Old 22 September 2017, 07:44 PM   #57
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
They only stay on until I'm home... Then I enjoy the peeling
Old 22 September 2017, 07:59 PM   #58
DavidUK
"TRF" Member

By "stickers" do we mean the protective clear film which covers the lugs, case sides, and clasp?

My AD asked me if I'd like these removed four weeks ago. Because he asked, I weighed up my options... to remove or not remove, that is the question...

Leaving them on, as I chose, has kept me from seeing the full beauty of the watch. That is accepted. But this was not a foolish choice as many would see it. The full excitement of seeing it unmolested by the clear film has so far eluded me BUT, rather than dying from shock when confronted by the fully naked Rolex I have had a "slow release" ecstasy which has seen me appreciate the watch more and more whilst it actually becomes duller as dirt collects under the clasp film.

As each of these pieces of film wear off through the accumulation of minute particles of dust edging their way underneath, I'm certain each shedding will create another brief moment of joy when I behold the bright metalwork in all its glory until... one day... the entire watch emerges from its plastic chrysalis and becomes a glorious butterfly.

Look at my lugs!!

Old 22 September 2017, 08:38 PM   #59
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
My simple answer is ASAP.
Old 22 September 2017, 08:42 PM   #60
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

As soon as it became mine. Didn't even think twice. Maybe I should at least contemplate it to truly fit in here at RF.
Closed Thread