The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 12 September 2010, 07:58 AM   #31
Wisconsin Proud

I was watching an interview with Mayor Giuliani (sp) on NatGeo Channel on Thursday night.

During the event, he asked the NY city police chief how many body bags he thinks they will need.

His answer: "Very few. The bodies have been pulverized by the debris"

That quote will stick with me forever as will the graphic video backing up the quote.
Wisconsin Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 08:01 AM   #32
gold canyon
"TRF" Member

Watch: R O L E X
gold canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 08:07 AM   #33
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
Am I alone in thinking this was just a bad dream? I mean, thinking back, it almost feels like that could not have happened.

I went to NY before 2001 and. I stood on the side walk of the towers. Some friends wanted to go up and I didn't. Not trying to make a joke, but I wanted to go to a bar (we had visited the Empire and Statue of Liberty and I was a little tired of building tops for one day. We were supposed to go back and never did. I always would say "I'll go up one day. Maybe when I take my kids to Manhattan." I saw it as a tourist thing and that SOMEDAY I would go.

The last thing in the world that I thought was that those buildings would one day be gone. Still feels like it was a bad dream.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 08:10 AM   #34
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
That was a very sad and tragic day indeed.

Hope the families of the poor deceased have now found the strength to cope with that huge tragedy.

JJ
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 08:11 AM   #35
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
I'll never forget that day!
My thoughts & prayers goes for all the victims and their families.
Seems like yesterday i just sat all day watching it on TV feeling sick.

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 08:29 AM   #36
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
May the people who died on that day because of the terrorists, rest in peace. A day I will never forget, for sure, even though I was only 10 years old.
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 02:42 PM   #37
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I, too, shall never forget. My sister was a pilot for United Airlines, flying Boeing 757 +767s. That day (unbeknownst to us) she was at United's Denver HQ. We spent a few hours worried where she was, until she called us. She had been based in Chicago, but filled in wherever she was needed. The summer of 2001 she had piloted United flight 175 (a 767) from Boston/Logan, when its regular crew was on vacation. That, of course, ended up being the United jet that crashed into one of the towers. I imagine that others here on TRF know people who were affected (or killed) on that terrible day.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 02:58 PM   #38
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
It will always hurt!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 03:11 PM   #39
Route 66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mark II
This thread brought all the sadness back but it's so important to remember all of those poor souls who lost their lives that day and the family members who lost their loved ones...
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 04:11 PM   #40
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I live a mile north of the WTC site and was here on 9/11. Before that day, I would always look to the south and awe at the twin towers. We used the WTC and the Empire State building as north/south landmarks. On 9/11, The flight path of the first plane flew above us and there was no doubt something was wrong. As soon as new broke, I was on the street with thousands or NYer's and watched the buildings burn and fall. I'll never forget what I saw unfold in front of me. Then all afternoon and into the evening, people covered in ashes walking up broadway. employees of bars, restaurants and markets standing outside, giving bottles of water to those who were trying to make it home. The candlelight vigil in Union Square and the countless fliers of missing loved ones everywhere. Days following, bomb scares and building evacuations became the norm.

Manhattan, below 14th was closed to everyone except residents and rescue personnel for a week. The cutoff point became Houston Street for another 2 weeks. And finally, the smell of burning metal until Thanksgiving. Every time I smell brakes overheating or grinding metal, 9/11 comes to mind

Life in the US, as we knew it, changed on 9/11 and it will be the day that nobody that was alive to see it will ever forget.

God bless all those who lost their lives that day
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote