The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 December 2018, 08:38 AM   #1021
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra11b View Post
Are there any quality USA makers? Custom even for $$$?

I currently use R.M. Williams in brown Roo my Oz buddy got me for Christmas many years ago and still going strong even with a clear ID display which usually blows-out, and have very rugged saddleback leather wallet which could last until rapture, but it's a tad cumbersome.
Based on a recommendation on this thread, I ordered a small credit card holder wallet from:

https://www.monkmadegoods.com/

I will be getting it on X-Mas and update the thread with how I like it. I am also stalking an LV Epi leather Pocket Organizer as an everyday wallet but looking on eBay for one.

It's funny but the custom designed, hand made wallets are less expensive than the luxury brand manufactured wallets...
Old 23 December 2018, 08:53 AM   #1022
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Can't wait for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Based on a recommendation on this thread, I ordered a small credit card holder wallet from:

I will be getting it on X-Mas and update the thread with how I like it. I am also stalking an LV Epi leather Pocket Organizer as an everyday wallet but looking on eBay for one.

It's funny but the custom designed, hand made wallets are less expensive than the luxury brand manufactured wallets...
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2018, 09:04 AM   #1023
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Watch: MkXVIII, 3570.50
D
Quote:

Not funny at all when you really think about it as you’re partially paying for the brand in addition to fine leather work. The premium goes up no question, and why I’d like to parlay my monies stateside.

Not to take away from the fine European makers — which is still a consideration — but I once purchased a finely made cordovan wallet for my dad 15yrs ago from a USA leather worker now passed-on and that wallet is still in 80% condition. No question the European leather patterns are very attractive, but I don’t need any attention given to me as I sometimes pay in questionable parts of town given my work.

I haven’t followed-up on your recommendations just yet, but know there’s always someone worthwhile making fine goods in the USA given the resources.

I look forward to your review.
sierra11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2018, 09:43 AM   #1024
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Can't wait for the pictures.
Here ya go! I haven't used it yet, but just got it today and I think it looks great! Beautiful leather, and he did exactly as I asked (two card holders on each side and an open middle so I could stick a twenty or CC receipts in there. Thanks for the advice here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1695.jpg (281.0 KB, 1074 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1696.jpg (145.1 KB, 1056 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1694.jpg (286.6 KB, 1060 views)
Old 27 December 2018, 03:27 PM   #1025
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here ya go! I haven't used it yet, but just got it today and I think it looks great! Beautiful leather, and he did exactly as I asked (two card holders on each side and an open middle so I could stick a twenty or CC receipts in there. Thanks for the advice here!
Looks great.

Thinking of purchasing the Bishop #2 - Horween Natural Shell & Whiskey Buttero tomorrow.
Old 27 December 2018, 11:49 PM   #1026
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks great.

Thinking of purchasing the Bishop #2 - Horween Natural Shell & Whiskey Buttero tomorrow.
I love the look of that! I am trying to "go small" in wallets, but we'll see how well I fare in that department. For a traditional wallet, yours looks awesome. IMO, they come in looking just as supple and solid as they do in the pictures.
Old 28 December 2018, 12:44 AM   #1027
greggsiam
"TRF" Member

I've been trying to order a wallet from Niwa Leathers in Japan, but it appears I will have to go there in person. :(

The guy makes some beautiful stuff. His attention to details is simply amazing.
greggsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 04:07 AM   #1028
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggsiam View Post
I've been trying to order a wallet from Niwa Leathers in Japan, but it appears I will have to go there in person. :(

Why is this? Their site looks a bit hard to navigate for sure but their stuff looks incredible. I was thinking of getting one a couple years ago as I have relatives in Japan, but might wait for a milestone birthday to ask.

Can't you email them? I'd be curious myself. I'm sure their English is good enough to get the message across to complete an order... Sorta like my experience buying watches from some trusted Japanese shops and my love for Japanese kitchen cutlery over the years.

If not, maybe I can get my wife to help put together an email for you if they simply cannot understand.
Old 29 December 2018, 04:10 AM   #1029
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love the look of that! I am trying to "go small" in wallets, but we'll see how well I fare in that department. For a traditional wallet, yours looks awesome. IMO, they come in looking just as supple and solid as they do in the pictures.
Order placed except I went for a more contrasting look of Bourbon Shell & Whiskey Buttero (bourbon whiskey! ) and in his more traditional Japanese Archbishop pattern. Can't wait!
Old 29 December 2018, 04:30 AM   #1030
SRT313
Banned

I sport a custom cash cover from House of Flemming. They do a lot of stuff for the PGA.
SRT313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 04:34 AM   #1031
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Don't know if this meets you guy's standards or not but I like it. Picked it up at the Houston Boutique, $390 marked down to $232.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 85CC454E-C0B9-4210-912F-3DA70D6AFC25.jpeg (191.1 KB, 957 views)
File Type: jpeg 65011854-B822-40F2-A647-0034F980C617.jpeg (192.9 KB, 971 views)
File Type: jpeg 500EB457-BD54-4EA0-9A32-0ACD3FA43233.jpeg (179.8 KB, 957 views)
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 05:13 AM   #1032
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggsiam View Post

The website says there's a wait time also, time depending upon what you order.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 05:39 AM   #1033
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT313 View Post
I sport a custom cash cover from House of Flemming. They do a lot of stuff for the PGA.
They make great stuff. I have a couple belts and buckles from them.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 06:17 AM   #1034
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Don't know if this meets you guy's standards or not but I like it. Picked it up at the Houston Boutique, $390 marked down to $232.
Nice looking wallet
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 06:47 AM   #1035
rowdy3
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Did Goyard hire a marketing agency? In the past few weeks seen rappers and celebrities carrying their products. Have heard their name in a few rap songs.
rowdy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 06:49 AM   #1036
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy3 View Post
Did Goyard hire a marketing agency? In the past few weeks seen rappers and celebrities carrying their products. Have heard their name in a few rap songs.
Rappers have been onto Goyard for close to 10 years. That’s where I heard of them first haha
Old 29 December 2018, 07:11 AM   #1037
dalethorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: U-Boat Capsoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteman View Post
After a bit of guidance from those more experienced than me!

I'm on holidays at the moment and thinking of picking up an LV Pocket Organiser. Although I have no idea whether to go for canvas or Epi leather.

Looking at these two models in particular, but really unsure how well the printed canvas print/logos/pictures will hold up over time, especially when compared to the Epi leather. Worried they'll rub off after 6 months and look terrible!

What's everyone's thoughts? The printed canvas or Epi leather, or even the Faure Le Page for longer term durability?

The one with the art I wouldn't carry in a back trouser pocket. Other than that, unless it's crammed so full it's stressed that way, it should look good for many years. Genuine LVs serve me very well.
dalethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 01:22 PM   #1038
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
I wish I had found this thread sooner. Just bought a new wallet within the past month.

I'll be in Osaka next year, so I'll check out their boutique. Subscribing to this thread so hopefully I don't forget. This place is so dangerous for all its enablers!
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 11:08 PM   #1039
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
The website says there's a wait time also, time depending upon what you order.
Yep.

From what I’ve researched anywhere from 6 months to something very simple to years for custom.
Old 30 December 2018, 12:21 AM   #1040
chris975d
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteman View Post
After a bit of guidance from those more experienced than me!

I'm on holidays at the moment and thinking of picking up an LV Pocket Organiser. Although I have no idea whether to go for canvas or Epi leather.

Looking at these two models in particular, but really unsure how well the printed canvas print/logos/pictures will hold up over time, especially when compared to the Epi leather. Worried they'll rub off after 6 months and look terrible!

What's everyone's thoughts? The printed canvas or Epi leather, or even the Faure Le Page for longer term durability?

Having owned LV, and currently owning Faure Le Page and Goyard (along with many others...I'm a bit of a wallet ho), in terms of coated canvas, I personally like FLP the best. Their material feels much more pliable and less likely to crack (to me). Goyard, while I like it, does feel sort of "plastic-y" to me. And LV just feels too stiff and I've seen many cases where the edges that are subject to repeated bending crack over time. And the coating can wear through, showing the canvas underneath. If I'm going LV, I always go with Epi or Taiga (my favorite) leather.
chris975d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 01:15 PM   #1041
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Just retired my Coach money clip wallet and replaced it with a Tumi of the same design. Considering that the Coach has been used daily for the past 7 or 8 years and was holding up well I predict (based on reputation) the Tumi will last even longer.
https://www.tumi.com/p/tumi-id-lock-...case-0186151D/
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 01:39 AM   #1042
desperadoS
"TRF" Member

I'm new but I visited this forum frequently in December because there is little information regarding Faure Le Page online, even less information when its for mens products.

Received my FLP Tuesday after placing an order Friday morning. Extremely fast and I love this wallet. I'm definitely going to be contacting them in the future perhaps for a Passport Cover. I was considering their grey but I fell in love with the empire green.

The presentation was a nice touch as well.
desperadoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:43 AM   #1043
BigBallerBrand
Banned

I went to FLP in Paris and found all their products to be of lesser quality as compared to LV and Goyard. I guess that is expected with the lower price. But if you want leather inner, go with LV or goyard. FLP uses cheap fabric inside which quite frankly disgusts me.
BigBallerBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 06:33 AM   #1044
dalethorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: U-Boat Capsoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris975d View Post
Having owned LV, and currently owning Faure Le Page and Goyard (along with many others...I'm a bit of a wallet ho), in terms of coated canvas, I personally like FLP the best. Their material feels much more pliable and less likely to crack (to me). Goyard, while I like it, does feel sort of "plastic-y" to me. And LV just feels too stiff and I've seen many cases where the edges that are subject to repeated bending crack over time. And the coating can wear through, showing the canvas underneath. If I'm going LV, I always go with Epi or Taiga (my favorite) leather.
I have quite a few LV wallets, purchased at the local LV store, and am quite pleased with them on average. My current favorites are the Three Bears print and the Ostrich hide zips. The printed types do hold up very well, and although my Three Bears xmas edition is only 2 months old, a previous travel edition lasted quite a while until I gave it away. The LV wallets I've carried in a back pocket in my jeans are the 3D monogram with flower-petal and LV motif, but those tend to wear smooth after time and become easy to slip out of the pocket. Even the Ostrich edition has noticeable wear, though I carry it in an inside jacket pocket.

I've never gotten along with the LV folders for some reason - they just don't seem like much of a wallet compared to the zippered types. The longer zip wallets that are too long for a back pocket but OK for an inside jacket pocket are very nice, but with one of those the zipper was too stiff, so I put a bit of padlock graphite on it and that fixed it!

On the printed wallets - some have a decal stitched onto the surface of the wallet, and I removed one of those, but it was extremely tedious getting the threads out.

BTW, I've had two LV iPad cases and a phone case crack along the edge, but never had a problem with the wallets. And I got full credit on the iPad and phone cases, even after years of wear.
dalethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 07:31 AM   #1045
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Who has the contact info for faure so i can get an order in? Pm me please thanks
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 09:07 AM   #1046
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Go to page 2 post 32 of this thread full explanation and contact info to order , I have nothing but great things to say about Faure le Page ,Louise is who I emailed back and forth with
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 11:21 AM   #1047
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Thanks to Chiboy I have a Monk Made bi-fold incoming from Jason this week. Went a bit different route on the leather option (as opposed to what's mentioned in post 1025) but opted for his more traditional Japanese pattern as it better suits my George Costanza needs of receipt expenditures.

Stay tuned.

I will say working with Jason has been an absolute pleasure... He even refereed me to all the top Japanese makers as I have in-law family in Japan, should I try to pursue that money-pit venture .
Old 29 January 2019, 11:47 AM   #1048
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks to Chiboy I have a Monk Made bi-fold incoming from Jason this week. Went a bit different route on the leather option (as opposed to what's mentioned in post 1025) but opted for his more traditional Japanese pattern as it better suits my George Costanza needs of receipt expenditures.

Stay tuned.

I will say working with Jason has been an absolute pleasure... He even refereed me to all the top Japanese makers as I have in-law family in Japan, should I try to pursue that money-pit venture .
Sounds great and I hope you like it. I got the idea here, although with 35 pages of posts, I’m not about to try to find the original Monk Made poster. I will say that I’m really happy with it, and the LV Epi as well. Small is beautiful in wallets!
Old 30 January 2019, 06:55 AM   #1049
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Arrived today

His conventional Archbishop design in Bourbon Shell and Whisky Walpier Buttero.

Amazing quality that will likely need at least a year before break-in even begins. It always takes a bit of time getting used to a new wallet but this one should last well over a decade me thinks.

Old 30 January 2019, 01:43 PM   #1050
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Arrived today

His conventional Archbishop design in Bourbon Shell and Whisky Walpier Buttero.

Amazing quality that will likely need at least a year before break-in even begins. It always takes a bit of time getting used to a new wallet but this one should last well over a decade me thinks.

Wow, that is beautiful. Enjoy it!