The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 September 2019, 04:11 AM   #31
EWY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex18206
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Seth, you're really keeping a lid on incomings as of late! Which dial did you go for?! Congrats!!

OP, the VC is an amazing piece. Not only does the wr make it super versatile, but that quick strap change system is awesome.
I actually did compare Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Dual Time, Patek Philippe Aquanaut Travel Time and Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time.
I eliminated the Patek from the get go. The Patek looks very nice and the split hour hands are good. The date and night windows are nice but they are very small and could be hidden under the hour or minute hands. I really do not like the recessed pusher that is used to advance the date. I have a Blancpain Moon phase, while I love the looks, I hate the pushers. I am tired of adjusting the watch when I want to wear it. This PP Travel Time is so popular that it is selling way over list.
AP Royal Oak is Classic but it is also well recognized. Not sure, I want to use that as a Travel watch.
This leaves the VC Overseas Dual Time. It is not as popular, in fact I could probably get a discount if I want one. I really like the easy changeable bracelet, straps option. Still, this is not a cheap option and this would still raise some concerns as a travel watch. Nevertheless, I am going to put this on my list of watches to get.
EWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 04:23 PM   #32
lukajur
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWY View Post
I actually did compare Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Dual Time, Patek Philippe Aquanaut Travel Time and Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time.

I eliminated the Patek from the get go. The Patek looks very nice and the split hour hands are good. The date and night windows are nice but they are very small and could be hidden under the hour or minute hands. I really do not like the recessed pusher that is used to advance the date. I have a Blancpain Moon phase, while I love the looks, I hate the pushers. I am tired of adjusting the watch when I want to wear it. This PP Travel Time is so popular that it is selling way over list.

AP Royal Oak is Classic but it is also well recognized. Not sure, I want to use that as a Travel watch.

This leaves the VC Overseas Dual Time. It is not as popular, in fact I could probably get a discount if I want one. I really like the easy changeable bracelet, straps option. Still, this is not a cheap option and this would still raise some concerns as a travel watch. Nevertheless, I am going to put this on my list of watches to get.

While I agree that it’s certainly not “a cheap option” it’s so much under the radar that I would not worry to much about it in most scenarios. And I’m cases where you are scared about it you can always choose not to wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cartier: Midsize Santos
lukajur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 07:46 PM   #33
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWY View Post
Please post pictures for us to view. Where did you order yours BTW?
Been wearing this since delivery. Been wearing this since delivery
returntorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 07:49 PM   #34
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I came extremely close to walking out for our AD with that same watch. I really like the look, nice hefty watch with a great bracelet. The blue is so nice and stands out. Wore it around for about 15 mins. But there was something about the winding that I just didn't like. Ended up leaving with a Tudor. But I still go back and look at it from time to time. Who know, maybe someday. Congrats on
a very nice watch.
Thanks Art. I came very close on the IWC (there is a preowned example on Tourneau website). When I tried on the Breitling it sealed the deal for me.
Old 21 September 2019, 05:28 AM   #35
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
Thanks Art. I came very close on the IWC (there is a preowned example on Tourneau website). When I tried on the Breitling it sealed the deal for me.
Looks so nice. Congrats !
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 12:25 PM   #36
EWY
"TRF" Member

I got a new Shiny Toy

After doing some research on Breitling, I picked up a Breitling Galactic Unitime World Time. It has the same Cailbre 35 movement as the Aviator 8 B35 Unitime. What made me choose over the Aviator 8 B35 is the tungsten carbide bezel on the Galactic Unitime. I was seriously considering the IWC Pilot Worldtimer. I sat on my hands as I wanted a bracelet on my travel watch. I even did a comparison between the Galactic Unitime and the Aviator 8 on a spreadsheet.
I am glad that I make this purchase as this Breitling is not popular at all. I picked up the Breitling Galactic Unitime World Time with a huge discount. The tungsten carbide bezel matched my tungsten carbide germanium bracelet which I have worn for more than 2 years. Tungsten carbide is very hard and keeps a shine. I never take the bracelet off and it still looks like new with zero scratches.
I have a 6.5 inches wrist but it is flat not round. I managed to remove 2 links and adjust the buckle to the tightest setting. It fits but it just looks big on my wrist. However, I have seen people wore Alain Sebastian and Royal Oak Offshore watches with wrists like mine. I guess, this is the style now with BIG watches.
This is what I noticed after playing with the watch. The dial is not busy at all. The map sort of disappears and fade into the background when I glanced for the time. The dial is very readable. What surprised me that the seconds hand is luminated. While the seconds hand on the Aviator 8 B35 Unitime has a red tip which I like. The seconds hand on the Galactic Unitime has a counter balance Breitling Logo which I think looks nicer.
It appears the that Breitling Galactic Unitime World Time is no longer in production as I could not locate it on Breitling’s website. Some folks view buying watches as investment. I buy what I like. This Breitling Galactic Unitime is going to be my travel watch now. If you want a World Timer and do not mind the huge size, this is a good deal. With 100m water resistance, COSC certified and a super hard bezel that can take some hits, what is not to like? I picked up an extra winder during Labor Day Sale. It is a Wolf Meridian Triple Winder. So, I do have room for 2 more watches. LOL!
For the time being, I am just happy with my new shiny toy. That should last me for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BoxW.jpg (219.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Box2W.jpg (100.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Box3W.jpg (110.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg onWiastW.jpg (165.9 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg Plus BW.jpg (154.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg SBSW.jpg (139.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg LumW.jpg (51.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Compare.jpg (75.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg WinderW.jpg (144.3 KB, 102 views)
Old 21 September 2019, 09:37 PM   #37
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Congrats!!
Old 21 September 2019, 09:58 PM   #38
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 12:36 AM   #39
lukajur
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy
Congratulations! Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cartier: Midsize Santos
lukajur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 01:29 PM   #40
EWY
"TRF" Member

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. I have found my Travel watch.