The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 15 May 2019, 09:55 PM   #1
nofxatallorelse
"TRF" Member

Quick reference check on Jordan Gelerman

Good morning. I do not post often but lurk here often. I have learned quite a bit. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I was hoping for a reference check of Jordan Gelerman. Seems like a solid guy. I own a construction company so for every 10 happy customers, it is the 1 angry customer that will leave reviews, posts, etc, so I take everything I read in the past with a grain of salt. I am selling him my 74 5513 at full ask. He wants to send me a fedex box insured at full watch value and have me send it back with the watch and once he receives it, he will wire me the money. This goes against everything I have read in general. I do not trust anyone, not even my mother. Also, should I expect to be offered less once he/they see it? I have sent several photos. I do not say this because I expect that from him or heard that about him, but I know larger brick and mortar stores do that, and thats typical. I know Gelerman does alot of deals and I am not questioning his integrity one bit, but I want to be safe as possible. Once again, I apololgize if this is in the wrong place. Thanks for any info, and have a good day.
nofxatallorelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 10:01 PM   #2
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
This will probably be moved into the "Buyer's Who's Who" section, but to answer your question: I would never send a watch until the funds were taken care of. With the watches I have sold and purchased on here, I never shipped until the funds cleared and the party I bought from did the same.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 10:07 PM   #3
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

What Jonathan said.

Not to scaremonger, but there was a 2000 post count pledge member who had a very prominent forum member as a referee and who had done various hitch-free deals on here who went rogue and scammed a member for thousands. I’m not casting aspersions on the bloke you’re asking about, of whom I know nothing, but you ought to take every possible precaution.
Old 16 May 2019, 05:26 AM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Search his name on this forum and instagram. I would never do it but you need to make your own decision. But a taste:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ordan+gelerman
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2019, 07:15 AM   #5
Lgear080
Banned

F no
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2019, 07:48 AM   #6
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxatallorelse View Post
Good morning. I do not post often but lurk here often. I have learned quite a bit. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I was hoping for a reference check of Jordan Gelerman. Seems like a solid guy. I own a construction company so for every 10 happy customers, it is the 1 angry customer that will leave reviews, posts, etc, so I take everything I read in the past with a grain of salt. I am selling him my 74 5513 at full ask. He wants to send me a fedex box insured at full watch value and have me send it back with the watch and once he receives it, he will wire me the money. This goes against everything I have read in general. I do not trust anyone, not even my mother. Also, should I expect to be offered less once he/they see it? I have sent several photos. I do not say this because I expect that from him or heard that about him, but I know larger brick and mortar stores do that, and thats typical. I know Gelerman does alot of deals and I am not questioning his integrity one bit, but I want to be safe as possible. Once again, I apololgize if this is in the wrong place. Thanks for any info, and have a good day.
I would never agree to this arrangement. You are the one with the watch. You have all the leverage and value right now......don't put yourself in such a vulnerable position with someone that has no track record. Not saying anything negative about this person, just saying I would never do what you're describing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2019, 10:36 AM   #7
Speedy123360
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TV
I can 100% vouch for Jordan. He is one of the biggest dealers in Florida. Us dealers do not pay for watches before receiving. Many people on here will say they won't ship first but majority of people on here that do more than 1 deal every few years do. Thats the only way for a business to stay safe. You can ship him 500k in watches and you will get paid. Have no doubt that he is legit. There is not a chance in the world he wont pay you.
Old 16 May 2019, 01:11 PM   #8
05carbondrz
Banned

The Guy is banned from this Forum for knowingly selling fake Watches and Bracelets....Just the Person I want to ship my Watch to.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=189554

Thread he was banned in.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2019, 09:41 AM   #9
Speedy123360
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
The Guy is banned from this Forum for knowingly selling fake Watches and Bracelets....Just the Person I want to ship my Watch to.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=189554

Thread he was banned in.
This was 8 years ago. I wasn’t even in the business anywhere near there so I can’t account for something that happened almost a decade ago. What I can say is from the business I have done with him I’ve never had a issue at all. We do a lot of business together. He’s always responsive and helpful. So take it how you want but I’d trust jordan with my entire inventory if needed without a second thought.
Old 17 May 2019, 09:49 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy123360 View Post
This was 8 years ago. I wasn’t even in the business anywhere near there so I can’t account for something that happened almost a decade ago. What I can say is from the business I have done with him I’ve never had a issue at all. We do a lot of business together. He’s always responsive and helpful. So take it how you want but I’d trust jordan with my entire inventory if needed without a second thought.
He was busted on Instagram this year selling fakes. But ymmv. Wonder why he deleted his gram account though.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2019, 10:05 AM   #11
Speedy123360
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
He was busted on Instagram this year selling fakes. But ymmv. Wonder why he deleted his gram account though.
I can actually account for that. You gotta understand he deals with big numbers. He’s moving 20-30 pieces a day. It’s hard to keep track of every little detail. The watch in question was a yacht 2 gold which had a aftermarket insert. That doesn’t mean the watch is fake. I saw the watch in person and it was 100% besides the insert. When you have 100s of people reporting you from fake watch busta accounts on Instagram it’s hard to get it back up. To each there own but I’m just providing my points. I’m not a nobody on the forums. I buy and sell a lot here. I wouldn’t give my word if I didn’t 100% trust him.
Old 18 May 2019, 09:31 AM   #12
nofxatallorelse
"TRF" Member

I did the deal today with Jordan. 100% legit, upscale, and totally upfront. No gimmicks or games and honored the original deal price he offered before seeing the piece in person. Probably easiest transaction Ive had to date! Already planning my next deal.
Old 18 May 2019, 10:04 AM   #13
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy123360 View Post
We do a lot of business together.
I'd personally be sure to stay away from you as well.

Quote:
I did the deal today with Jordan. 100% legit, upscale, and totally upfront. No gimmicks or games and honored the original deal price he offered before seeing the piece in person. Probably easiest transaction Ive had to date! Already planning my next deal.
So you sent the watch without receiving the funds? If so, and you get beat, you deserve it 100% after not heeding the warnings posted.
Old 18 May 2019, 11:31 AM   #14
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Keep us posted on the funds clearing your bank. Is he wiring the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 07:21 PM   #15
nofxatallorelse
"TRF" Member

Sorry I didn't expand on this. I was able to move a few things around with my work travel, which brought me about 30 miles from his location, so we did it in person. He's in south Florida and i'm in Tampa. Deal went exactly as planned and even after he noticed a slight issue with the dial after seeing it in person, he honored my price and paid me how i wanted. This was my first sale outside of ebay and i didn't know what to expect. His location was very upscale in a very high end office and retail building, and he handled it better than any other jeweler I've dealt with before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]