The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 November 2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Let's discuss the LX

So I'm just curious to guage everyone here on what the problem with this watch is to them. Going over to WUS and seeing comments on here it seems like the watch either gets "meh" or vehement dislike. My confusion comes from the marinemaster 300, and more specifically, how it is a universally praised model.

Seiko basically took the MM, fixed the lug width, upgraded the movement, made it way more comfortable, gave it grand seiko finishing, upgraded the case, upgraded the bracelet design and brought in a world famous designer to bring it all together into a flagship model in 6 different versions for taste. Yet all I read is indifference or anger at the pricing model, diashield, pricing model, oh and also the pricing model.

As an owner of the land version (SNR025), this watch gets about 75% of my wrist time on the weekends, if not more. My brother owns the sea 029 and feels the same. It's really hard to put on something else. My GS SBGE245 has just been sitting there lately. As an owner I can also really emphasize that the 5k price tag feels justified. I certainly think it's more justified than on the SLA025.

So what say you? Pricing? Design? The Seiko badge? Too safe design wise? Just curious to discuss this model and if y'all have issues other than the cost or if that's really the root of the problem.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote