The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2021, 07:38 AM   #1
makkena65
"TRF" Member

How to get a AP 15500 or 15450 from AP Boutique

I know I am asking a silly question here, but want to check all other options on how to get an AP 15500 or AP 15450 from AP Boutique. I never had a problem Rolex since i had good relationship but it just been so tough with AP, they always offer ROO which I am not into. I am based in Atlanta and the boutique here not so great even to have a proper conversation. I Heard Miami and Dallas ones are better, what are other options or any other advice you have for me?.

Thanks in advance !!
makkena65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 07:42 AM   #2
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

i assume you're asking about non blue dials since the blue ones are actually impossible without purchase history, but besides getting lucky there's no real option. your best bet would be to go in person and try to strike some conversations with them and maybe you'll get one within 2 years
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 07:55 AM   #3
makkena65
"TRF" Member

Any dial is okay with me, I am also trying through a friend of mine who lives in Basel if he can get any lucky
Old 18 May 2021, 07:57 AM   #4
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkena65 View Post
Any dial is okay with me, I am also trying through a friend of mine who lives in Basel if he can get any lucky
that might be your best bet if he has some purchase history honestly. i had no luck even getting on a waitlist for a 15450 in 2019
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 08:21 AM   #5
makkena65
"TRF" Member

who knew things would change so fast, back in 2018 December there was white 15400 in Venitian, Vegas boutique and I was fixed on blue back then.
Old 18 May 2021, 08:55 AM   #6
Watch Expert
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT
I got Royal Oak from AP Boutique, they never ask me to buy other expensive watches to be members of the special customer. I never give any gifts to the sales person in AP boutique to get Royal Oak.
I do need to wait about a year, and they call me when it is available. There is no games that you need to buy $200k before you will be put in wait list.
But I think they ask me some questions and want to make sure you do not resale at profit,
Watch Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 08:59 AM   #7
Watch Expert
Banned

I got some of my Rolex through competition, you won’t get into waiting list, you just need to be super fast. Thinking or considering is just not something you do if you want a Rolex GMT or Submariner.
Old 18 May 2021, 11:14 AM   #8
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Search feature is your friend.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 11:40 AM   #9
grievor
"TRF" Member

CODE 11:59 would be your ticket in
grievor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 04:55 PM   #10
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Expert View Post
I got Royal Oak from AP Boutique, they never ask me to buy other expensive watches to be members of the special customer. I never give any gifts to the sales person in AP boutique to get Royal Oak.
I do need to wait about a year, and they call me when it is available. There is no games that you need to buy $200k before you will be put in wait list.
But I think they ask me some questions and want to make sure you do not resale at profit,
Where did you buy from and which model/dial please?
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 07:13 PM   #11
Simon.DGV
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek World Time
It is not easy to get AP Royal Oak after COVID-19, before COVID it is still possible to see in the shop and AD.
Simon.DGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 07:27 PM   #12
Watch Expert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Where did you buy from and which model/dial please?
I bought in Switzerland, stainless steel 15305
Old 19 May 2021, 04:41 PM   #13
Watch Expert
Banned

If your AD not helping you get AP. You can always buy at David S. W.
Old 19 May 2021, 04:42 PM   #14
Knoxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP JLC IWC
Do you think 15500 rose gold would be easier to get than SS (definitely not blue)?
Knoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2021, 05:34 PM   #15
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
Do you think 15500 rose gold would be easier to get than SS (definitely not blue)?
Worth a try, but the manager in my BT says that RG has gotten much more popular while production remains relatively low. Grey market premium on all RG models has taken off in the last 4-5 months. "Problem" seems to be that demand is much less price-sensitive than previously.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2021, 06:50 PM   #16
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
Now any 15450, 15500 in any metal is hard to get. Demand for RG may be less, but the production numbers are way way lower that SS.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2021, 10:23 AM   #17
DrTig
"TRF" Member

The real answer is you may not be able to, but you can certainly try. If you want to, the way to do it is to stop by the boutique in person, probably even schedule a time to visit ahead of time, and introduce yourself to the sales associates. Get to know them and help them get to know you, that is what building a relationship is, and it's not something that happens overnight or with a single visit. The fact is, AP views its brand as a family, and purchasing a watch is more than just a commercial transaction, it is being invited into the AP family. The SA's obviously know that you can turn around and flip the watch for a profit the next day after they hand it to you, and that devalues the brand. You have to accept, and you should maybe even appreciate, that it's going to take time and effort in order to have the opportunity to purchase such a watch. That's part of what makes it special in the first place.
DrTig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 09:25 AM   #18
Waldorf369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTig View Post
The real answer is you may not be able to, but you can certainly try. If you want to, the way to do it is to stop by the boutique in person, probably even schedule a time to visit ahead of time, and introduce yourself to the sales associates. Get to know them and help them get to know you, that is what building a relationship is, and it's not something that happens overnight or with a single visit. The fact is, AP views its brand as a family, and purchasing a watch is more than just a commercial transaction, it is being invited into the AP family. The SA's obviously know that you can turn around and flip the watch for a profit the next day after they hand it to you, and that devalues the brand. You have to accept, and you should maybe even appreciate, that it's going to take time and effort in order to have the opportunity to purchase such a watch. That's part of what makes it special in the first place.
So what you're saying is that for AP it's more of the relationship as compared to Rolex where ultimately it's dependent on the purchase history?
Waldorf369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 10:40 AM   #19
ks58
Banned

Haven't gotten one yet although have been trying to build a relationship. One day I hope to own an AP.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 12:52 AM   #20
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
I wrote a post on this, you can search under my posts

In short, it's not just down to the list
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 01:04 AM   #21
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i dont think a 15450 is as hard as a 15500. still both require some history at AP.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 03:13 AM   #22
IS2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,PP,AP, PAM
In Bangkok, there are waitlists for any RO’s and ROC’s but most people would have to bundle up to get any hot pieces. Last May I just walked into the AP Boutique without knowing anyone. I was instantly offered a grey dial 38mm ROC that someone on the waitlist backed out. I originally wanted the Panda dial so I kindly rejected one at USD26k. Still regret until these days.
IS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 08:42 AM   #23
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkena65 View Post
I know I am asking a silly question here, but want to check all other options on how to get an AP 15500 or AP 15450 from AP Boutique. I never had a problem Rolex since i had good relationship but it just been so tough with AP, they always offer ROO which I am not into. I am based in Atlanta and the boutique here not so great even to have a proper conversation. I Heard Miami and Dallas ones are better, what are other options or any other advice you have for me?.

Thanks in advance !!
I’m in Atlanta and I got a silver 15500 from the boutique so it can definitely be done. I might have waited 8-10 months can’t recall.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 11:40 AM   #24
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
i dont think a 15450 is as hard as a 15500. still both require some history at AP.
even grey/white 15450 too?
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 01:08 PM   #25
mrhanx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS2000 View Post
In Bangkok, there are waitlists for any RO’s and ROC’s but most people would have to bundle up to get any hot pieces. Last May I just walked into the AP Boutique without knowing anyone. I was instantly offered a grey dial 38mm ROC that someone on the waitlist backed out. I originally wanted the Panda dial so I kindly rejected one at USD26k. Still regret until these days.
I feel you mate! The exact same thing happened to me last April in Singapore. Was after the 38mm ROC in panda dial but was offered the grey. Had a chance to try on the 15500 too. Unfortunately, the price of these soared since then
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1678.jpg (232.3 KB, 1028 views)
mrhanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 06:55 PM   #26
dygital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruchan22 View Post
even grey/white 15450 too?

I got my grey one from an AD after about a 3 month wait of registering interest. No purchase history but they did request a business card and asked about my employment.

Prior to that, I had my name at AP house and a few other AD’s but none of them got back to me with a 15450. It’s definitely possible to get some models without too much of a wait at AP house or an AD. I was offered a two tone rose gold and steel 15450 and a grey 26315, but I wanted a grey 15450 or a panda 26315 so I passed on both, and that was about an hour into sitting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apple Watch Series 4 44mm Titanium
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 02:00 AM   #27
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
From what I gather here, it really depends on which boutique you plan on buying from. First, the boutiques solely owned by AP are more likely to give new customers a shot. That being said, it will still not be easy to get into a 15450 or 15500 (the latter being more difficult). Best bet is to strike up a convo with an SA, and get to know each other. Get your name in their system, etc. Then drop by every couple months to demonstrate continued interest and passion. Also drop hints that AP is more of a journey than a destination for you, in that you want to acquire different AP pieces in the future, rather than just have one.

It will take some leg work these days, but could be possible with the right effort and passion.
acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 12:18 PM   #28
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

I've been able to get rolex and Patek and actually live in a building with the ap store yet visiting every 2 months or so does nothing. They keep asking me to buy a code 1159 (and one in the case not even your choice). Also I've worn a nautilus or aquanaut each time I go in and a customer in the store always asks to buy my watch if I buy an ap or the employees tell me I'm better off buying more patek. Giving up on branching out.
Sheldor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 01:24 PM   #29
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhanx View Post
I feel you mate! The exact same thing happened to me last April in Singapore. Was after the 38mm ROC in panda dial but was offered the grey. Had a chance to try on the 15500 too. Unfortunately, the price of these soared since then
Ouch, that's tough. I bought my 15500st black dial on Feb'20 at Liat Towers, because I love it in black (i mean the original RO sketch by Genta was black - duh since its a sketch lol). Had no idea the price would eventually skyrocket as much as it did. Doesn't really matter to me I guess as I'm not the type that's thinking of flipping watches.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 01:40 PM   #30
fspfsp
"TRF" Member

I was down in ATL a couple weeks ago, spent some time in the boutique talking with Zack, nice guy. Other than two pair of cuff links there was nothing else available. He knows I am working with another AP rep, but striking up a conversation and expressing interest is def the way to go. You see posts where people get as lucky as "we have one in the back" to only waiting a couple months. It's a relationship game over zeros in your bank account.
IWC: 5004, 5001
Patek: 3744, 5968A
fspfsp is offline   Reply With Quote