The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2021, 08:31 AM   #1
7sins
"TRF" Member

26480TI Thoughts and Experiences??

Thinking of adding the 42MM Ti ROO below to the collection. Been looking for a nice summer watch and think it looks great on the white rubber it also comes with. Prices don't seem to move much at all which is interesting given it wears smaller than most ROO, nice caseback and ti construction. Relatively speaking, in the low 30s it looks like a bargain amongst the rest of the lineup. I've owned AP Divers in the past and also the ROO Safari so it would be nice to have a non-bracelet AP again, especially on rubber.

Would love to hear owners thoughts on how it wears, especially with the titanium case? It looks slimmer than the rest of the ROO lineup and supposedly weights the same as a 15202. Or is this a case where the watch looks better in photos than real life? Wrist size is 6.75".

Any input, both positive and negatives, is greatly appreciated!

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 09:28 AM   #2
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I love the dial and case of the watch. My only negative is the fact it’s not on a bracelet. I just prefer a bracelet over a rubber strap.

Just my opinion. Best of luck in your quest!
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:31 AM   #3
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Not very legible, closed case back with old movement. 43s seem to be the better proposition frankly.
Old 19 June 2021, 11:11 PM   #4
THWatch
"TRF" Member

Legible is the only issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image01.jpg (278.1 KB, 855 views)
THWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:19 PM   #5
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It's a nice piece but might be worth trying on the new 43s first, if the size fits then I'd go with one of them, the smokey taupe dial looks very sharp.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:29 PM   #6
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I struggle with the height and the bulk (unless that's part of the appeal). Plus also RO style bezels dinged up drive me nuts, so personally I'm waiting on the 43mm.

I also think, though I maybe be in the minority on this, but the proportions of the ROO 42's just seems off -- too tall relative to the size of the bezel?

Also, if just wanting a splash of white like in your second photo, why not throw your ROC on a white rubber strap?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 02:02 AM   #7
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It's a nice piece but might be worth trying on the new 43s first, if the size fits then I'd go with one of them, the smokey taupe dial looks very sharp.

Totally agree with this
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 02:39 AM   #8
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I tried this on recently at AP House and I think it’s stunning, I really like it on the white strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 05:10 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I struggle with the height and the bulk (unless that's part of the appeal). Plus also RO style bezels dinged up drive me nuts, so personally I'm waiting on the 43mm.

I also think, though I maybe be in the minority on this, but the proportions of the ROO 42's just seems off -- too tall relative to the size of the bezel?

Also, if just wanting a splash of white like in your second photo, why not throw your ROC on a white rubber strap?
I agree, altho the 44 is naturally bigger it spreads out nicely over my flat wrist and so is better balanced than the slightly toppy 42 on me.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 11:22 AM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Correct me if I am wrong guys but my understanding is this 42mm ti is 2mm SMALLER than the traditional 42mm ROO as it was re-designed with the new chrono pushers. So the height issue you guys are raising shouldn't be an impairment here? According to AP website, this 42mm ti is also almost 2mm thinner than the new 43mm ROO

RE the ROC on rubber, not a bad idea, I am not sure sporty enough to pull off a white rubber strap though.

This is a better side profile view, you can see the profile and case height is much thinner than the older 42mm ROO
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 20 June 2021, 12:17 PM   #11
KCT
"TRF" Member

I have been wearing this for about a year. I agree there is a slight legibility issue as mentioned but it is not really a big concern.

I like this for:-

1) the 44mm styled pushers over the thin round pushers you get on the other 42mm ROO

2) Weight - very light weight and comfortable on the wrist. I find it perfectly balanced compared to other steel ROO (be it 42 or 44mm)

3) Thinness - i may be wrong but i thought it is the slimmest of the ROO. Hence I don't understand the height and bulk issue mentioned by another poster. I very much prefer the thinness as it makes it less bulky!

OP, go try it for yourself and see if you like it. I tried a few times over a couple of days and decided to go for it. I am also considering if I should order a titanium bracelet to get with it. Will wait till I get my 15500 before deciding.
KCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 12:57 AM   #12
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I love this watch. Yes, legibility is an issue, but after a while I got used to it.

Wears so much better on me than my 42mm Diver due to the case height (I have small wrists).

It’s my ‘fun’ watch and during the summer it gets way more wrist time than any other watch in my collection.

Currently dressed up in the red white and blue of England for the Euro’s, and being matched with my PSG Jordans!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 01:10 AM   #13
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Correct me if I am wrong guys but my understanding is this 42mm ti is 2mm SMALLER than the traditional 42mm ROO as it was re-designed with the new chrono pushers. So the height issue you guys are raising shouldn't be an impairment here? According to AP website, this 42mm ti is also almost 2mm thinner than the new 43mm ROO

RE the ROC on rubber, not a bad idea, I am not sure sporty enough to pull off a white rubber strap though.

This is a better side profile view, you can see the profile and case height is much thinner than the older 42mm ROO
You're totally right that it is thinner than the other 42mm (or 44 or new 43), my point was more generally about the ROO line -- Even at the shorter height compared to other ROO, it still towers over a 15500 or the 15202 you're so used to.

My guess, and totally personal opinion from a feeling of your posts in other threads is that you should get this watch because A) you're perfectly happy being contrarian until the rest of the world catches up with your ultimately correct point of view and B) you need some contrast and less stressful wearing compared to your other heavy hitters. I.e. I think you'll be very happy with your final decision.
Old 21 June 2021, 08:29 AM   #14
7sins
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for your time and responses. The more time I spend researching the more interesting of a proposition this watch is. This is the only 42mm watch they made with 44mm type pushers with a thinner case, back in 2019. From what I have read, while not a boutique edition, not too many were floated to ADs which could make for price appreciation down the line - albeit never significant demand for titanium. As we always say, buy what you like and I think I will look to pull the trigger this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCT View Post
I have been wearing this for about a year. I agree there is a slight legibility issue as mentioned but it is not really a big concern.

I like this for:-

1) the 44mm styled pushers over the thin round pushers you get on the other 42mm ROO

2) Weight - very light weight and comfortable on the wrist. I find it perfectly balanced compared to other steel ROO (be it 42 or 44mm)

3) Thinness - i may be wrong but i thought it is the slimmest of the ROO. Hence I don't understand the height and bulk issue mentioned by another poster. I very much prefer the thinness as it makes it less bulky!

OP, go try it for yourself and see if you like it. I tried a few times over a couple of days and decided to go for it. I am also considering if I should order a titanium bracelet to get with it. Will wait till I get my 15500 before deciding.
Thank you! Ti bracelet would be interesting, I posted a photo below, I think it looks great and could be a nice alternative to the rubber strap. I wonder, in comparison, how much thicker the bracelet is to the RO bracelets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
I love this watch. Yes, legibility is an issue, but after a while I got used to it.

Wears so much better on me than my 42mm Diver due to the case height (I have small wrists).

It’s my ‘fun’ watch and during the summer it gets way more wrist time than any other watch in my collection.

Currently dressed up in the red white and blue of England for the Euro’s, and being matched with my PSG Jordans!

Thank you for this! It was your original post that lend me down this rabbit hole, I think it looks great and we have a similar wrist size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
A) you're perfectly happy being contrarian until the rest of the world catches up with your ultimately correct point of view and
Cheers brother, I wish you could convince my gf of this I do think you are spot on though, my hope with this one is the novelty doesn't wear off quickly like with the AP diver I had.
Old 21 June 2021, 09:25 AM   #15
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I think this is a really cool ROO. I’ve thought about getting one but concerned with the size. That shot on the titanium bracelet looks awesome; I guess the bracelet will flare out more at lugs than rubber?
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 02:09 PM   #16
THWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
I think this is a really cool ROO. I’ve thought about getting one but concerned with the size. That shot on the titanium bracelet looks awesome; I guess the bracelet will flare out more at lugs than rubber?
Anyone knows the cost of the titanium bracelet?
THWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 03:50 PM   #17
KCT
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you! Ti bracelet would be interesting, I posted a photo below, I think it looks great and could be a nice alternative to the rubber strap. I wonder, in comparison, how much thicker the bracelet is to the RO bracelets.

Nice! This is the first pic i saw of the 26480 on titanium bracelet.

And yes, Token74 is a true AP enabler.
I bought my 26480 after reading about his experiences.

When I enquired last year, the boutique told me the titanium bracelet is around 6 - 8k Singapore dollars.
KCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 06:20 PM   #18
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCT View Post
Nice! This is the first pic i saw of the 26480 on titanium bracelet.

And yes, Token74 is a true AP enabler.
I bought my 26480 after reading about his experiences.

When I enquired last year, the boutique told me the titanium bracelet is around 6 - 8k Singapore dollars.

Always pleased to ‘enable’!

The titanium bracelet looks magnificent. My worry is that it will then wear too big for me. But for those with the right wrists, it’s surely a no-brainer!!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:18 AM   #19
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wonder, in comparison, how much thicker the bracelet is to the RO bracelets.
Quite thicker indeed...

AP - Bracelet sizes 2.jpg
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:29 AM   #20
Highend7
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Always pleased to ‘enable’!

The titanium bracelet looks magnificent. My worry is that it will then wear too big for me. But for those with the right wrists, it’s surely a no-brainer!!

Tried it on once and it was actually worth it...
I can recommend it
Highend7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 01:09 AM   #21
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
my hope with this one is the novelty doesn't wear off quickly like with the AP diver I had.
I think the novelty will wear off, but doesn't it wear off eventually for all watches? That's not a reason not to indulge in a novelty.

I think of the ROO like ginger between sushi bites. Palette cleanings the eyes before returning to your other heavy hitting pieces.
Old 22 June 2021, 12:25 PM   #22
7sins
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and your thoughtful comments.

Should receive the watch end of week :)
Old 22 June 2021, 05:48 PM   #23
Vodka-Martini
"TRF" Member

I have it and I love it. I had the blue 26320 ROC before and surprisingly the 26480 wears more comfortable due to the rubber strap. It is really thin and the case design amd finishing is amazing. The new 43 ROO is thicker and wears much bigger due to the enomous pushers. This is a unique reference, kind of a crossover between ROC and Offshore.
Vodka-Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 02:46 AM   #24
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and your thoughtful comments.

Should receive the watch end of week :)
Congratulations! I love the way it looks on the white strap!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 05:30 AM   #25
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Oh snap. That bracelet is killer.

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 12:31 PM   #26
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
Congratulations! I love the way it looks on the white strap!
Thanks! Having to put some of those Sofi warrant gains to work before they all disappear haha.
Old 24 June 2021, 01:37 PM   #27
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Thanks! Having to put some of those Sofi warrant gains to work before they all disappear haha.
Hahah and why not right? Never hurts to take a profit. I haven’t sold any yet, albeit I don’t have as many as you did.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 03:49 PM   #28
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka-Martini View Post
I have it and I love it. I had the blue 26320 ROC before and surprisingly the 26480 wears more comfortable due to the rubber strap. It is really thin and the case design amd finishing is amazing. The new 43 ROO is thicker and wears much bigger due to the enomous pushers. This is a unique reference, kind of a crossover between ROC and Offshore.
Yes!! This model is called the “hybrid”

The TI bracelet is about 5k with taxes in the USA (2020 pricing.) I have one that I have not put on yet, and after seeing these pictures I may have to stop by the boutique, and inquire about a new watch while they swap rubber to bracelet for me!
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:04 AM   #29
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
Love this watch

Hi, I absolutely love this watch! I'm waiting on an allocation for one of the 43's but i do wish they were a bit thinner (less tall). This one is 12.1 and 112 grams which I think is fantastic! So I'm still wondering if the 42's are going to receive more of a refresh. The online presentation in March said there was more to come plus the RO or ROO women's line as well. I wonder if the 42's will be a bit thinner or will they be the same dimensions as the diver's. I jut hope I find out before the end of the year, lol.

Thanks
Everett
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 01:10 PM   #30
GTS-R
"TRF" Member

Anyone know if the titanium bracelet will fit the 43 mm ROO?
GTS-R is offline   Reply With Quote