The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 June 2021, 06:29 AM   #31
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Where's the sellers protection for chargebacks? There is zero chance I'd sell you a watch on your Amex. You don't have to reply to me but just think about it from both sides. On a private transaction it cannot be made risk free so references matter.
Can't escrow services, like PayPal, help, too?
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 09:29 AM   #32
Haveapair
Banned

This gives the entire forum a bad name. It's too bad. Sorry OP
Haveapair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 09:37 AM   #33
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Can't escrow services, like PayPal, help, too?

They typically allow for abuse of sellers. 179th day returns for a scratched clasp etc.
Old 1 June 2021, 11:47 AM   #34
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Icon11 Unhinge

Thanks Tom you are right - appreciate you. Should have proofread.
Mr Tommy & Cognitive disconnect - I may be unhinged but after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on mostly Patek’s , I have never been cheated buying from sellers even overseas . Of course it is important to check the seller out as much as you can . There still can be an innocent mistake like the brick & mortar seller who sold me a 5327 ( 60 thousand dollars) and forgot to include the white gold extra back ( about 3-5 thousand dollars) . When I called him about it ,he said he would contact the person he bought it from and TRY to get it for me and I needed to allow at least 2 or 3 weeks for him to see what he could do ! Fortunately I wasn’t foolish enough to send him a box of 100 dollar bills in advance ( wire transfer ) . I told him fine I will call AMX and have them charge back 5,000 dollars until you find it or I will cancel the sale and send the piece back, whichever he wanted. He said “ let me call you right back” Surprise, surprise!he called me back wi about 30 min and said the case back would go out overnight and I received it the next day. I don’t think he was trying to cheat me but Mr Tommy and Mr disconnect, I can assure you there would have been NO urgency to get me what I paid for if he had all the cash in his possession.
Of course there are sellers who like the one in this string who will refuse to sell on AMX - great you have been vetted and not to fear I won’t buy from you . I will find another seller who can check me out and is confident in his product.
I guess I am sooo amazed that so many people are sooo adamant about checking a seller out ( it’s of course important) that they ignore common sense. This is the one absolute way for a BUYER to protect himself, no matter what . I did say as a buyer!
I could tell you about the well known seller who forgot to send a stylus , or the one who sent a knock off President on and on . Guess I defy anyone who wants to be sure they won’t get skinned to follow this rule as a BUYER and although I may be unhinged I won’t be getting taken . If you are a seller and won’t sell on AMX , great we will have no sale - there are plenty of sellers who will.Finally there has not been one case of a buyer getting taken that had they used a CC - either the phoney sale would have never happened or they could get their funds back with a simple phone call. “What about the poor seller ?” As a BUYER I am going to protect myself - simple ! Btw , how is it that virtually all major retailers accept CC for payment in our society ? My only interest is to try to save someone the agony that the op and so many others have gone through. Do otherwise at your peril - greed kills ! :-)) an unhinged james in San Antonio Tx
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote