The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2021, 02:39 AM   #31
JodyHighroller
Banned

A friend sent me this photo this morning after we looked at our portfolios. Couldn’t help but bust out laughing. Thought it was applicable given this thread.

JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 02:46 AM   #32
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
If we are talking about keeping a 15k watch vs sell it and put the 15k in crypto, I choose the watch every time. To be perfectly frank, even if BTC “goes to 500k bro”, that’s only a ~150k ROI - large sum of money for sure, and a 10x gain, but not life changing in total $ amount and therefore I would not sell a watch I love for that “chance,” as it’s by no means a guarantee. Plus, this scenario assumes all I have to work with is 15k, either in watch form or cash. I would never liquidate assets I already own and like for crypto, but would consider allocating other unused cash. As an aside, any investment that swings 20% daily based on the ramblings of a lunatic on Twitter are not for me.
i agree, in reality you won't get much return on your investment if you sell a watch and put it into bitcoin right now, especially not in the short term. on the other hand regarding the volatility, a lot of the big buyers are buying otc directly from miners so that never gets reflected in the price until months down the road. supply is very limited on exchanges so price is very volatile right now and the big money isn't sitting on the sidelines on exchanges to bounce it back up
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 01:20 PM   #33
Mifune
Banned

Hey Elon... try doing a little research before shooting your twitter off incoherently...

Elon's been sucking on the governments CARBON TAX credit tit for so long, he's forgotten how to be profitable without selling off the worlds hardest store of value or by selling Governmental tax credits to other carbon offenders. I think Elon has really stepped in it this time and he's gonna have to take a big bite out of the shyte sandwich.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2021, 01:56 PM   #34
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Not enough upside to be worth it IMO. Even if BTC goes to 100k, as a raw MOIC/CAGR number, it's not that good.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2021, 12:56 AM   #35
Mifune
Banned

you seem to not know what BTC is used for... beyond the superficial 'what it's worth' stock market mentality.

If you're fiat currency is being debased at 15%-20% per year, and it is, BTC could stay perfectly level in price and you would be profitable.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2021, 02:41 AM   #36
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I've tried both Bitcoin and Doge on my wrist.. didnt like the look so keeping the watches
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 01:06 AM   #37
Bartra228
Banned

I think it is best to start investing in cryptocurrency now. Because everything can change overnight. And cryptocurrency will go up in value. I often watch how different cryptocurrencies develop with coinabu . Because it is important for me to keep up with all the news. Right now I plan to buy Bitcoin and Dogecoin. Since they are available at an affordable price right now. Since I have nothing wrong with patience and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Hopefully my nerves will remain fine as well.
Bartra228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 05:48 AM   #38
autojewels
Banned

My watches are not investment so I can't trade, hence would use the excess profit to get more watches.
autojewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 01:40 PM   #39
austinp
"TRF" Member

Sure. Anybody want an SD 43 for a Bitcoin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 09:35 AM   #40
Drudge
"TRF" Member

I'd absolutely trade/sell my watch for some fractional BitCoin.
Drudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2021, 10:50 AM   #41
Cheng
Banned

It is risky but sure I will do it. No risk no reward!
Cheng is offline   Reply With Quote