The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 June 2021, 12:23 AM   #1
Ascot
"TRF" Member

ROO 26480TI feedback

Hi Members, I need a quick help/ advice from you. I have an opportunity to buy 26480TI ROO 42mm, in the next few weeks. To me, the watch in pictures looks good, and it looks like I'll be able to see it in real only at the time of purchase.

The review on this watch on the internet is quite mixed. On one hand I find the prospect of buying this, as my first ROO but since its a significant investment, I could do with some feedback/ advice from those who have this watch and other RO/ ROO.

Thanks
Ascot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 05:02 AM   #2
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
It’s a superb watch and I’d buy one without question.
I currently own a 1999 ROO 25770ST, having previously owned nearly every Rolex model in recent years I find it a massive step up in every department.
I have become very interested in watchmaking and can appreciate the difference now with a high horology piece compared to mass production, you won’t be disappointed!
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Ascot
"TRF" Member

Thanks a lot Robin.
Old 1 June 2021, 12:51 PM   #4
THWatch
"TRF" Member

It's a good looking piece but it's hard to tell time in certain lights/ angles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image01.jpg (235.5 KB, 416 views)
THWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 10:11 PM   #5
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
Hi Members, I need a quick help/ advice from you. I have an opportunity to buy 26480TI ROO 42mm, in the next few weeks. To me, the watch in pictures looks good, and it looks like I'll be able to see it in real only at the time of purchase.

The review on this watch on the internet is quite mixed. On one hand I find the prospect of buying this, as my first ROO but since its a significant investment, I could do with some feedback/ advice from those who have this watch and other RO/ ROO.

Thanks
Did you consider waiting for the new 43mm ROOs to arrive? There is a blue titanium model amongst the options. But perhaps you saw them and preferred the 42mm Ti, which is a great looking and feeling watch on the wrist. The only negative feature is what others have mentioned about the hands and ability to read the time easily at certain positions. Some also point out the smaller and crowded dial, but that is a personal preference for some compared to other people.
Good luck with your choice.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 07:28 AM   #6
Ascot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Did you consider waiting for the new 43mm ROOs to arrive? There is a blue titanium model amongst the options. But perhaps you saw them and preferred the 42mm Ti, which is a great looking and feeling watch on the wrist. The only negative feature is what others have mentioned about the hands and ability to read the time easily at certain positions. Some also point out the smaller and crowded dial, but that is a personal preference for some compared to other people.
Good luck with your choice.
Thanks Armis, good suggestion. I will ask the boutique I have been working with. My challenge though is, it'll be my first purchase from the boutique, the only AP I have previously was bought as pre-owned.

Do you know when are the 43mm ROOs going to be launched? Thanks
Old 2 June 2021, 07:30 AM   #7
Ascot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THWatch View Post
It's a good looking piece but it's hard to tell time in certain lights/ angles.

Thanks THWatch. I can see what you mean - the watch does look good, but in the angle of this picture the hands somehow get lost against the blue dial background.
Old 3 June 2021, 08:43 AM   #8
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Epic watch. Hard to read the time sometimes, but doesn’t bother me one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 08:56 PM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
Thanks Armis, good suggestion. I will ask the boutique I have been working with. My challenge though is, it'll be my first purchase from the boutique, the only AP I have previously was bought as pre-owned.

Do you know when are the 43mm ROOs going to be launched? Thanks
As far as launch, initially the boutique said expected in store by September. But I asked again last week of my SA and he said perhaps end of July, but he’d let me know to put down a reserve deposit on what I want...which I don’t necessarily want/like to do before I see it. Regardless, it seems more like Aug/Sept they are for sure coming in. Also, as far as purchase history, in my experience it’s not a big deal when it comes to ROOs (or Codes), except in rarer cases of highly desirable or LE ROOs. I don’t know whether the new 43mm Ti ROO falls in that category, but still the boutique experience may be more inviting than you realize with regard to the new ROOs. Lastly, even if there is an initial delay in allocating you one of these 43mm pieces (assuming a mad rush at start?), as other members here suggested, it will cool down soon enough and you’ll be able to get yours.
Old 3 June 2021, 09:27 PM   #10
Armis
"TRF" Member

This piece really is very cool, and in many ways a good case can be made for it being nicer than the incoming new 43mm ROO blue titanium model because of certain subtleties. And honestly, your (Token74) wrist shots make it look great every time.
Old 9 June 2021, 11:48 AM   #11
teraboi
"TRF" Member

One of a kind 42mm ROO in the line up - really cool.

Is the TI bezel as prone to scratches as the ST models?
teraboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 12:23 PM   #12
Haveapair
Banned

First off, you need a mans size wrist, so there's that...
Haveapair is offline   Reply With Quote