The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2019, 09:21 PM   #31
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
it is unfortunate he is not around but i understand he is taking a break from the forum.

he does owe me a response back but it is unlikely i get one at this point. you live and you learn. no hard feelings.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 09:26 PM   #32
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
It’s a pity, always enjoyed his food threads.

Not meaning to Hijack the thread but where is Dr Tom also? I miss his Porsche racing threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 09:28 PM   #33
Exploradori
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270, 1803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I know he’s holding some money that the people asked for back. I doubt they will see that money.

Agree. While many liked him and his food posts, others didn't and felt defrauded and disgusted about how he responded to the last fallout.

Yes, a can of worms. Good riddance in the eyes of many, so I also doubt we will hear back.
Exploradori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 11:44 PM   #34
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Please send me the link if you wouldn’t mind.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=603158

The nonsense starts multiple pages in, thread is 25 pages. People were complaining the deposit should have covered more of the meal costs and made not so veiled accusations at G he was pocketing a cut of the NRD, forcing people to pay more.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 12:43 AM   #35
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
Ive had the pleasure of meeting G and he’s as good as they come!! He’s a gentleman, a family man, and all around man’s man. This place continues to lose the good ones and replaced by newbies asking about flipping, can I get my sub wet, an AD was mean today, etc......
You just hit the nail on the head. The good long standing members have all stopped contributing due to the direction the forum is going. Which by the way in my opinion is the wrong direction. What a shame.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 01:05 AM   #36
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Ive had the pleasure of meeting G and he’s as good as they come!! He’s a gentleman, a family man, and all around man’s man. This place continues to lose the good ones and replaced by newbies asking about flipping, can I get my sub wet, an AD was mean today, etc......

I haven't met him. And I admit, I found his posting of very last thought was better suited for Facebook. I never did understand his open letter to his daughter posted here. Unless she was a member.

BUT, he certainly was a nice guy. And he certainly appeared to try hard to be nice to everyone.

People always want to hold onto things and whine and bitch. I was not there, so yes, I am ignorant. But really, he kept peoples money on purpose? He's a thief? C'mon. I don't believe that for one second.

I think he screwed up. He got lambasted for it, and he left. Too bad. He wasn't my cup of tea, but he certainly was one of the good ones.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 01:10 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=603158

The nonsense starts multiple pages in, thread is 25 pages. People were complaining the deposit should have covered more of the meal costs and made not so veiled accusations at G he was pocketing a cut of the NRD, forcing people to pay more.
correct me if im wrong... wasn't there a similar thing a year or two back? pretty sure there was all kinds of drama about it then too. Or is this that one and its just come up again
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 01:14 AM   #38
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I have no boat in this race; I just miss Gerardo’s posts. He is caring and interesting gentleman.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 01:21 AM   #39
1911dude
Banned

Watch: Omega PO
isn't this the second time he was accused of misgivings or the group had issues with the LV GTG ?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Throwing a dinner for 80 people in Las Vegas isn't cheap nor easy. If a 2020 Wis-Con does happen nix a group dinner and let people pair off and eat on their own
1911dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:34 AM   #40
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:

Agree 100%. G organized the GTG's in Houston and I've hung out with him before the events started. Separately the local Chopard boutique had an event and G was invited to it. He asked me, and others, to come along. No one else made it, he and I went to the event and great dinner afterward. Just the nicest, thoughtful, most unpretentious person you could meet. Based on my experience I find the claims made around Vegas '19 very difficult to believe. I hope his days here aren't done, really looking forward to seeing him, and another GTG, again.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 05:45 AM   #41
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
It’s a pity, always enjoyed his food threads.

Not meaning to Hijack the thread but where is Dr Tom also? I miss his Porsche racing threads.

Dr. Tom has been very busy lately with IMSA. Unfortunately, back at the Canada race, he crashed and was airlifted out. Fortunately, all he has are broken ribs and bruises. The car was totaled, but a new one is being built up. It's been amazing to watch it go together. Still has a way to go. He, like the rest of us, have grown tired of the same old stuff around here, so we spend our time on other hobbies. I'm in Florida now and will head to Tampa and spend the weekend with him and the family. I'll let him know that he's missed so he can post some pics of the new Porsche.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 05:55 AM   #42
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
I was at the GTG and not sure what makes you say this. IMO the GTG costs Gerardo a lot more than what he takes in. I understand the frustration from people regarding the large group dinner. I was there and threw in $100 as did all the guys around me without thinking twice about it. I wish things would have ended differently and I as I mentioned I understand the feelings regarding the large group dinner.

IBTL
Ditto.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 05:56 AM   #43
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
Dr. Tom has been very busy lately with IMSA. Unfortunately, back at the Canada race, he crashed and was airlifted out. Fortunately, all he has are broken ribs and bruises. The car was totaled, but a new one is being built up. It's been amazing to watch it go together. Still has a way to go. He, like the rest of us, have grown tired of the same old stuff around here, so we spend our time on other hobbies. I'm in Florida now and will head to Tampa and spend the weekend with him and the family. I'll let him know that he's missed so he can post some pics of the new Porsche.
Thanks for the update and give him my regards. Hope he heals up quickly

Tell him the next time he comes to Canada he needs to stop by for a visit
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 06:59 AM   #44
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Many thanks for the reply, wishing him well

Old 19 July 2019, 08:00 AM   #45
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Caught this and cooked on the grill

My dinner looks just like that!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:07 AM   #46
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Thanks for the update and give him my regards. Hope he heals up quickly

Tell him the next time he comes to Canada he needs to stop by for a visit
Agree, give the Mayor of TRF our best !! (Get it? Mayors is his AD )

THC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:16 AM   #47
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
How come no one ever misses me when I’m not on for a while?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:19 AM   #48
THC

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Jocke has nothing to do when you are not around. He definitely misses you Paul
THC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:49 AM   #49
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
That isnt true paul. We even started a thread on this where I found out you were speaking at a conference in canada!

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 09:26 AM   #50
mfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
1. You would have to leave....
2. There are 14 pages of “Paul” threads....(go ahead and search)
3. We’d just ask Jocke
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:46 AM   #51
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
That's car #2 he has crashed and totaled. Surprised the wife hasn't yet said "baby you're done". The older you get the worse those wrecks hurt!
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:49 AM   #52
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Agree, give the Mayor of TRF our best !! (Get it? Mayors is his AD )

brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:51 AM   #53
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Quote:
Glad he is alright, Chad. I always enjoy his posts.
Hope you are having a great summer Chad!
Matt
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 12:13 PM   #54
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
Quote:
Thanks for the update on Dr. Tom. Glad he is OK. Looking forward to pictures of his new racer.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 12:16 PM   #55
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Caught this and cooked on the grill

I see what you did there, well played.
Old 19 July 2019, 12:20 PM   #56
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

I just read all 35 pages of the LV GTG. I couldn’t make it this year but was definitely planning on 2020. Sadly, there are no winners here and friendships have become strained or lost.
Old 19 July 2019, 01:24 PM   #57
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with G and don't like seeing the negativity coming back. I know he did his best to accommodate about 100 people which is no easy feat. As someone who was there, in my opinion, all the negative posts were all conjecture and speculation. All he wanted was to put watch lovers together in a great environment, and to me that's the experience I had. His posts on here brightened my day and I looked forward to reading them. The forum does seem to be changing. The "how much is this worth" or "future value" posts seem to be getting out of control. If any of you have read my journey through some pretty horrific injuries, you know how much joy this forum has brought me. I love it here and its sad to see people who have contributed so much disappear.
Old 19 July 2019, 04:56 PM   #58
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
1. You would have to leave....
2. There are 14 pages of “Paul” threads....(go ahead and search)
3. We’d just ask Jocke
Oh.....
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 09:15 PM   #59
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with G and don't like seeing the negativity coming back. I know he did his best to accommodate about 100 people which is no easy feat. As someone who was there, in my opinion, all the negative posts were all conjecture and speculation. All he wanted was to put watch lovers together in a great environment, and to me that's the experience I had. His posts on here brightened my day and I looked forward to reading them. The forum does seem to be changing. The "how much is this worth" or "future value" posts seem to be getting out of control. If any of you have read my journey through some pretty horrific injuries, you know how much joy this forum has brought me. I love it here and its sad to see people who have contributed so much disappear.
Mike, you are exactly right. I was wondering why I haven't seen any recent posts from Gerardo in a while. I have had the pleasure of doing business with him several years ago and his was the consummate gentleman. I guess there is truth to the adage, "no good deed goes unpunished." You are also right about the Forum these days. We were a smaller closer group but now its been so deleted with all the new members that the quality of the posts and contents aren't even worth reading. It's a real shame. I feel so bad for G.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 09:38 PM   #60
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Because nobody likes you, we just tolerate you!