The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 May 2021, 09:27 AM   #1
sanghyunp2004
"TRF" Member

34mm self winding white dial how hard is it to get?

Know pretty much any RO is hard to get (especially a brand new customer such as myself. But how hard would a white dial 34mm be to come by and what would I need to do to position myself?

Visited a AP boutique about the 37mm white dial and told me it would be at least a year wait (if only). I didn’t ask about the 34mm but would it be easier to get? Even though I am a guy my wrist is really thin (a little less than 5.5 inches) so I think it would fit fine for myself.

Any advice or idea would be greatly appreciated!
sanghyunp2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 09:45 AM   #2
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyunp2004 View Post
Know pretty much any RO is hard to get (especially a brand new customer such as myself. But how hard would a white dial 34mm be to come by and what would I need to do to position myself?

Visited a AP boutique about the 37mm white dial and told me it would be at least a year wait (if only). I didn’t ask about the 34mm but would it be easier to get? Even though I am a guy my wrist is really thin (a little less than 5.5 inches) so I think it would fit fine for myself.

Any advice or idea would be greatly appreciated!

Visit the AD, put in interest for the 34, and ride out the wait! I did the same

Totally depends on your AD, supply in that region, etc …but even all that won’t be a good indicator of wait time given the luxury watch climate today

I’d suggest following up occasionally over sms and in person to let then know you’re still very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 May 2021, 01:21 PM   #3
sanghyunp2004
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1swami View Post
Visit the AD, put in interest for the 34, and ride out the wait! I did the same

Totally depends on your AD, supply in that region, etc …but even all that won’t be a good indicator of wait time given the luxury watch climate today

I’d suggest following up occasionally over sms and in person to let then know you’re still very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thanks appreciate the input. May I ask how long you waited? If any more color I went to the AD in Beverly Hills
sanghyunp2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 05:45 PM   #4
KCT
"TRF" Member

My experience wasn't too bad but it could be just for my area.

In Jan this year, I approached boutique to get a 34 and 41mm white RO as a matching pair for me and my wife. While they have put in down into a list, I didn't hear from them. No prior purchase history with boutique.

I did pop by every now and then but I didn't get the impression they are working hard at getting it.

In March, I told my AD about wanting a 34 and 41mm, and coincidentally a week later there is a 34mm available. However, he warned me that as an AD, he has never gotten a 15500 in any colour. So it is unlikely he can source the 41mm for me.

So I went back to boutique and explained the situation. In the end, the desire to build profile and increase my chance of getting both from the boutique made me give up the 34mm from the AD.

From this episode, I guess the boutique took me more seriously and took a deposit for the 34mm. And I just collected it last week.

So all in, around 5 months for me with 2 opportunities to get the 34mm

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
KCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 10:44 PM   #5
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

So luckily I am an existing customer coming in right before the hype. I asked about 34mm beginning of the year, was told all RO crazy, can’t promise at all this year. I thought super odd, but must be what they say at this point for everything to set expectations. Debated between this or a Birkin, got yanked around “AD” style at multiple Hermes after factory shut down lead to even more Hermes silliness.

Decided to flip my decision and get AP over Birkin. One got offered by accident I think almost immediately. Wife took too long to decide, watch got grabbed by another client. Then two months later, another one got offered. I am also 100% sure if I was not a previous client would not have been offered at all nor this fast.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 01:26 AM   #6
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
34mm self winding white dial how hard is it to get?

For me it started on last October for the first visited to AP retails (Not Boutique), at that time there is nothing available for me. So I start putting my name on the waiting list for 37mm.

On December, a visit to AP Boutique, they happen to have one Royal Oak 34mm in stock but that time my mind is on 37mm. So I didnt buy it.

And in this April, our anniversary is coming soon, I decided to buy 34mm for my wife and maybe it could be our share watch ;)

Gave my SA a call and somehow there is last one in stock in white dial and also 37mm grey dial with diamond. My wife decides on the white dial 34mm instead. They even reserve it until our anniversary day without any deposit.

All in all, I'm not quite sure about the availability now since every models seem to be in high demand.
Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote