The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 April 2021, 01:48 PM   #1
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
Thoughts on new 2021 AP Offshore divers?

Hi:

I was just offered to get one of the new 2021 divers. What do you all think about it?

Personally think the green dial looks great! Although I still would put blue on top.

Also noticed the new AP website doesn't indicate boutique editions anymore so I can't tell.
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2021, 02:59 PM   #2
squall1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoque View Post
Hi:

I was just offered to get one of the new 2021 divers. What do you all think about it?

Personally think the green dial looks great! Although I still would put blue on top.

Also noticed the new AP website doesn't indicate boutique editions anymore so I can't tell.
I tried on the blue in the newest Taipei boutique yesterday. I actually was just there to check out the boutique as its relatively new and I was surprised they had the new Offshore to try. It was labeled in the case as demo only, but I tried it and loved it on the wrist. I was shocked at how well it fit me as I was a little worried it would feel too big. It didn't at all feel too big and now I want to buy one.

They took my info and told me the gray dial would be in to try later this week, so we made plans to do that once it did. Of course they wouldn't commit to anything regarding availability for me to buy, but they were very clear they wouldn't require the purchase of anything else (perhaps because its moot for me here). The watch is great, really good ergonomics, well finished of course, and the quick change system for the straps is on par with Vacheron. Good stuff IMO.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2021, 03:34 PM   #3
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Love it. Have a green on order.

I think the refresh is nice. Subtle. And did all the right things.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2021, 04:02 PM   #4
Burlington
"TRF" Member

It looks like a good update

The addition of ceramic crowns is a nice touch

I think I prefer the longer markers on the 15710 dial, but would have to compare them in person really

Quick change straps are neat too.

I’ve always found my APD fits the bill for any activity or occasion.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2021, 04:53 PM   #5
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoque View Post
Hi:

Quoting from another thread - nicer (softer) straps compared to previous generation, ceramic crown, quick change strap/buckle, new movement and clear caseback are all valuable upgrades; dials are more a sideways move for me.

I tried all three colors and honestly can't tell which one I'd pick. Hoping for a ceramic bezel/black dial (or all ceramic) in the future.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2021, 01:42 AM   #6
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I love them - looking forward to hopefully picking up a blue or a gray once I see them in person.
Old 19 April 2021, 02:05 AM   #7
ragsk
Banned

Yes very nice new looks on them. Big thumbs up from me.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2021, 03:26 AM   #8
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I think they are very nice but let down by the colours. I saw them IRL recently and both the green and blue are 'dirty' colours, not as bright and vibrant as I'd like. Other than that very nice indeed.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2021, 03:58 AM   #9
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

I like the grey one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2021, 04:01 AM   #10
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
I really like them. Well done AP. Hopefully my next purchase and gray colour for me
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 06:24 PM   #11
Tcjreid
"TRF" Member

I had a deposit down for a white diver (old model) and was told at the time this was one of the few allocations the boutique had for 2021. Just got the call to say it has been discontinued and they can’t fulfil my order but I can check out the new model instead.

Don’t know if this is news to anyone or if the other colour variants of the old model are also gone. No black would seem surprising although I’d imagine additional colours would come out for 15720 in due course.
Tcjreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 07:13 PM   #12
Jetstream513
"TRF" Member

Tad big for me (16.75 wrist), but I like the aesthetics!
Jetstream513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 12:21 AM   #13
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcjreid View Post
Don’t know if this is news to anyone or if the other colour variants of the old model are also gone. No black would seem surprising although I’d imagine additional colours would come out for 15720 in due course.
My guess is that they will just sell whatever remaining stock of the old diver exists. It drives me nuts that the website keeps showing models long after they have become unavailable.
Old 22 April 2021, 12:23 AM   #14
Tcjreid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
My guess is that they will just sell whatever remaining stock of the old diver exists. It drives me nuts that the website keeps showing models long after they have become unavailable.
Not entirely sure how the process works but definitely no inventory at the boutique - seems they had an indication on what they would receive and that subsequently changed for whatever reason.

A website clean-up showing what ‘could’ be ordered new would be helpful - notwithstanding long waits etc.
Old 22 April 2021, 12:47 AM   #15
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

A watch is still on the website until every last one is sold, if it’s on the AP site then there will be one somewhere in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 02:55 AM   #16
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
A watch is still on the website until every last one is sold, if it’s on the AP site then there will be one somewhere in the world.
I have asked a good fraction of the world's AP boutiques where the last 26405CE.OO.A002CA.02 might be hiding, to no avail. Same for the YG blue dial chrono. I wonder if anyone had advice how to track down any of the stragglers?
Old 22 April 2021, 03:09 AM   #17
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Ash is correct, but with the caveat that the specific model may not have yet been manufactured, so may not 'live' in a specific location yet, so the last one may still be in Le Brassus awaiting allocation/delivery to a specific customer and thus invisible to other boutiques.

I'd ask your 'favourite' boutique to enquire with Head Office on your behalf. You may find that the last one hasn't been allocated yet (fingers crossed). Only once delivered to a customer does it get moved from current to legacy on the AP site.

Just FYI, I knew none of that, but AP London very helpfully explained it.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 06:52 AM   #18
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
I have asked a good fraction of the world's AP boutiques where the last 26405CE.OO.A002CA.02 might be hiding, to no avail. Same for the YG blue dial chrono. I wonder if anyone had advice how to track down any of the stragglers?

I can remember about 10 years ago I really wanted a Jarno Trulli and it was apparently sold out everywhere. I called someone at the old AP head office (Brooks Mews) to see if they could find one for me, they called me back and said that Marcus jewellers in London were showing stock of over 20 in their safe. Unfortunately Marcus didn’t want to sell me one.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 04:39 PM   #19
squall1
"TRF" Member

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread, putting it here too...

I was able to try a blue and gray yesterday at the new Taipei Boutique (not in the 101, near the newest Apple store).

The blue is a demo piece that the SA said was not for sale, they've had at it a few days. The gray had just come in yesterday and was for sale, but I guess not for me.

I'm a new customer and we chatted for about 45 minutes. I was really torn between the two colors but after trying them I like the gray a bit better. It was a good chat and I politely asked to buy the piece, but its a no go for now. I hope it won't be long, I did get the impression that they were looking for new customers who were really interested in the brand. Also, I guess the wrist sizes tend to run on the smaller side here because the SA couldn't stop talking about how well it fit me. She said many she sells don't actually look good on the client. She was also very clear that they won't ask anyone to buy another watch, I found her to be genuine.

Some photos...(wrist measures about 7.25 cold and almost 7.5 on a hot day, I'd say here it was somewhere in between)

[IMG][/IMG]

When I saw these after the announcement they turned my head in a way the previous models didn't for whatever reason. Trying it on, the attachment got even stronger. It just felt so good on the wrist and I'm wondering why I wasn't paying closer attention to this range before. The photos are kind of crap, sorry, but it looks better from a distance.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 07:42 AM   #20
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Green looks amazing
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 03:04 PM   #21
subm00n7
"TRF" Member

I was able to try the green one in which is by far my favourite and most unique variant out of the three. Love the mix of the materials, ceramic, rose gold and steel. The size is perfect for my 17cm/6.9 in wrist, not too big at all.

The new strap system is really easy to use, just push the two buttons separately, once you push they stay down, and the strap comes out smoothly. I think it's a great piece to any AP collection, first ROO diver with in house movement, first diver with open display back, first diver with the new strap system.

This one was sold, but I put my name on the list. I will report back when I get mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 06.44.49.jpg (106.8 KB, 1145 views)
subm00n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 03:20 PM   #22
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subm00n7 View Post
I was able to try the green one in which is by far my favourite and most unique variant out of the three. Love the mix of the materials, ceramic, rose gold and steel. The size is perfect for my 17cm/6.9 in wrist, not too big at all.

The new strap system is really easy to use, just push the two buttons separately, once you push they stay down, and the strap comes out smoothly. I think it's a great piece to any AP collection, first ROO diver with in house movement, first diver with open display back, first diver with the new strap system.

This one was sold, but I put my name on the list. I will report back when I get mine.
Neither of these points are correct.
watchguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 05:09 PM   #23
subm00n7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy1234 View Post
Neither of these points are correct.
You are right about the in house movement and display case, my bad. But it's still the first ROO diver with the new strap system and first ROO diver with the new 4308 movement.
subm00n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 05:29 PM   #24
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
the green one looks interesting to me but i don't think i can handle a ROO without ceramic bezel.
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 07:37 PM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The blue looks good, the grey dial washes out the AP logo and looks a bit faceless, still not used to the smaller bezel numbers, so I probably still prefer the old style.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 09:01 PM   #26
Tcjreid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had a deposit down for a white diver (old model) and was told at the time this was one of the few allocations the boutique had for 2021. Just got the call to say it has been discontinued and they can’t fulfil my order but I can check out the new model instead.

Well that escalated. Turned up to have a look at the green and blue versions and walked out with my first AP. SA clearly trying to make an effort given the discontinuation of a model I had paid a deposit for. Was told it was the first new diver sold in Singapore.

Super happy - and at the same time feel myself on the slippery slope! Awaiting a silver 15500. Will 2 be enough? Only time will tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (37.1 KB, 1070 views)
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (58.0 KB, 1071 views)
Old 23 April 2021, 10:44 PM   #27
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well that escalated. Turned up to have a look at the green and blue versions and walked out with my first AP. SA clearly trying to make an effort given the discontinuation of a model I had paid a deposit for. Was told it was the first new diver sold in Singapore.

Super happy - and at the same time feel myself on the slippery slope! Awaiting a silver 15500. Will 2 be enough? Only time will tell.
Congratulations,it looks great! Not that Singapore is allowing many outsiders in right now, but did you go through MBS or the Liat boutique?
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 10:52 PM   #28
Tcjreid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
Congratulations,it looks great! Not that Singapore is allowing many outsiders in right now, but did you go through MBS or the Liat boutique?
List Towers. Posted an (unnecessarily) lengthy story in a separate thread.
Old 24 April 2021, 01:39 AM   #29
Texas4ever
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona

Texas4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2021, 03:16 AM   #30
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I think they look fantastic. I’m excited to see them IRL