The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 May 2021, 06:07 AM   #31
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Congratulations
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 06:17 AM   #32
cvo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 117610LN 116610LN
AD are always feeling you out. Cat and mouse game. One AD I inquire inventory wants to know what milestone I am celebrating in order to be considered a popular model. Just wanting a new model isn’t enough. Crazy times!
cvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 06:30 AM   #33
Alfa2109
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16500LN White Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by superspectral View Post
I’m not sure the story is evidence of anything. Some people would have been happy to change their mind and take the root beer and drop off the list. I think it was just the ad checking if you’d take something sooner and accommodating you when you didn’t compromise. Win win.
This.

In addition, it’s not uncommon for people to buy more than one watch, particularly if they’re having to wait years for their first choice. Offering a second doesn’t necessarily mean either that you’ll buy it “instead” or that the AD therefore will be able to move others below you up the list.

6329, 6175, 116506, 326934 (blue), 126719BLRO (meteorite), 1803 (coral stella), AP 26860ST (blue)
Alfa2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 06:35 AM   #34
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
I don’t think they were testing you. I think you have a good AD and a good relationship. It took me 3 years and much more of a spend to get mine.
Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Sub*Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 07:16 AM   #35
afmars
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub*Man View Post
I don’t think they were testing you. I think you have a good AD and a good relationship. It took me 3 years and much more of a spend to get mine.
Agree. If they were really testing you it wouldn’t make sense for them to unload a black Daytona in doing so.
afmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 09:50 AM   #36
Deepseadoug
Banned

I think leaving the black Daytona on the table for somebody else was silly, flip that bad boy for 15k profit and your white Daytona would have been free.
Deepseadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:01 AM   #37
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepseadoug View Post
I think leaving the black Daytona on the table for somebody else was silly, flip that bad boy for 15k profit and your white Daytona would have been free.
If they get you the black one, that would almost 100% mean that they fulfilled your request aka no white one. I was offered black 3-4 times while waiting for white, and turned them down because it was clear that that would be my Daytona allocation.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:29 AM   #38
slfkjasldfj
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepseadoug View Post
Unfortunately I feel that this attitude contributes to the shortage. If I had bought the black one and then flipped it essentially I took it from someone who was going to buy it at retail. Also, I agree with a later comment that if I had said yes on the black my Daytona allocation probs would have been filled.
slfkjasldfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:46 AM   #39
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Not tested per se- but my AD asked questions about if I was local, because I think they tend to sell Rolex to local folks, not tourists who want to fly home/ send the watch home ASAP and they are never seen again.

I think some AD's are in a tourist hotspot ( Kirk Freeport in Grand Cayman, or Venice ) and they still like to sell w/ their local clientele when possible.
a man with two watches is never really sure.
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 11:24 AM   #40
Deepseadoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
If they get you the black one, that would almost 100% mean that they fulfilled your request aka no white one. I was offered black 3-4 times while waiting for white, and turned them down because it was clear that that would be my Daytona allocation.
I don’t think that’s correct at all because lots of folks myself included have both black and white dials. I received both within about a 8 month timeframe in 2018 at the same Ad. White came first then I received the black 2nd.

All about the relationship.
Deepseadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 11:35 AM   #41
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Well played either way. Enjoy the daytona!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2021, 11:50 AM   #42
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Congrats!

Sounds to me that the call offering the black Daytona was because another person, either with more leaverage than you or behind you on the list, wanted the white one and they try to convince you to take that one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Must be standard operating procedure, the AD that got me my white dial Daytona asked me if I would take a black dial one about a month before mine arrived. I passed of course but in retrospect the black dial version is amazing also and would have been fine...
Old 15 May 2021, 12:40 PM   #43
ccc75
"TRF" Member

My first Rolex purchase was a BLNR back in April of last year.

I purchased some jewelry for my wife and inquired about the BLNR and a sub about nine months prior but was clear that the BLNR was the one I was really focused on as I (used) to travel a bunch.

Over that nine months my SA called at least 3 times offering me the Sub. Both date and no-date. I also declined each time and told him I was really focused on the BLNR.

I never got the sense he was testing me but was more afraid of being put back on the bottom of the BLNR list if I purchased the sub. Am pretty confident I could get a sub pretty quickly if I wanted now. Will likely do so at some point.
ccc75 is offline   Reply With Quote