The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 February 2017, 03:23 AM   #1
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
AP 5 year boutique warrant

does AP provide 5 year warrant for all pieces purchased from boutique? I have never purchased from AP boutique, but thinking about getting a new 2017 model from boutique since no one else has it.

thanks
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 03:40 AM   #2
racer24
Banned

never mind. I searched the forum and found my answer. should have done it before posting.
Old 14 February 2017, 06:14 AM   #3
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

The answer is yes
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 07:04 AM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
The answer is yes
Wrong.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 07:43 AM   #5
Credor911
Banned

I bought from a boutique in italy in 2016. I got a 2 year warranty and then an additional year after I registered my watch on the ap website. So 3 years.
Credor911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 08:04 AM   #6
jem7v
Banned

Boutiques offer 5 year warranty to now try and give you an incentive to buy from the boutique. People who didn't get that got scammed if you bought within the last couple years.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 11:04 AM   #7
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
Boutiques offer 5 year warranty to now try and give you an incentive to buy from the boutique. People who didn't get that got scammed if you bought within the last couple years.

Still wrong. Not all AP boutiques provide a 5 year warranty.
Old 14 February 2017, 12:04 PM   #8
rolex01
"TRF" Member

1. You only get 5 year warranty if the watch is purchased in AP Boutique OWNED BY AUDEMARS PIGUET directly and Yes its for all time piece bought in the boutique. Reason why AP owned boutique give 5 years warranty is because they are selling the watch either at retail price or minimum discount 5-10% and they compensate the buyer with additional 2 years warranty.

2. There are some "AP boutique" owned by Authorized Dealer, although the watch was purchase inside the AP decoracted boutique but the receipt and the warranty booklet actually bears the name stamp of the respectively AD and NOT Audemars Piguet boutique stamp hence will only receive standard 2+1 years of warranty.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Still wrong. Not all AP boutiques provide a 5 year warranty.
It might be just me but perhaps you could do us all a favor if you stated why it is "wrong" and what you consider to be correct. Also why you know what you know is correct. Just saying.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 12:12 PM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It might be just me but perhaps you could do us all a favor if you stated why it is "wrong" and what you consider to be correct. Also why you know what you know is correct. Just saying.

Because as someone already noted with a specific example, not all AP boutiques offer a 5 year warranty, some only 2 plus 1. For example, Japan's does not. It is AP owned. I bought from there. Has been discussed numerous times. Cannot extrapolate NYC or Bal Harbor worldwide.
Old 14 February 2017, 12:37 PM   #11
rolex01
"TRF" Member

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/boutiques/

Go to AP website, they will tell you which location you can find AP boutique.

In doubt, just a phone call away and check it out over the phone.
Old 14 February 2017, 01:38 PM   #12
Rrothsch
"TRF" Member

Hope I attached the response from AP correctly because they answered this exact question for me a few days ago. I just bought a 15400 blue at AP Beverly Hills and the sales person said I had a 5 year warranty but I wanted to get confirmation from AP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1826.jpg (47.7 KB, 415 views)
Rrothsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 01:44 PM   #13
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Because as someone already noted with a specific example, not all AP boutiques offer a 5 year warranty, some only 2 plus 1. For example, Japan's does not. It is AP owned. I bought from there. Has been discussed numerous times. Cannot extrapolate NYC or Bal Harbor worldwide.
See below. I'm in the US and so is OP. So as far as I am concerned what I said answers his questions correctly. Don't really care how it applies to the rest of the world. He isn't going to a boutique in another country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrothsch View Post
Hope I attached the response from AP correctly because they answered this exact question for me a few days ago. I just bought a 15400 blue at AP Beverly Hills and the sales person said I had a 5 year warranty but I wanted to get confirmation from AP

Thanks for this.
Old 14 February 2017, 01:52 PM   #14
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrothsch View Post
Nice another AP collector in Chicago

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 02:03 PM   #15
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I bought my 15407 from the Las Vegas Boutique and they told me 5 years. I think this is a new policy. I believe the boutique is owned by Westime in LA because being from CA had to pay tax
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 07:51 PM   #16
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
See below. I'm in the US and so is OP. So as far as I am concerned what I said answers his questions correctly. Don't really care how it applies to the rest of the world. He isn't going to a boutique in another country.

Thanks for this.

It's a worldwide forum so best to be clear instead of spread unqualified information that is not correct.
Old 15 February 2017, 12:20 AM   #17
racer24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex01 View Post
1. You only get 5 year warranty if the watch is purchased in AP Boutique OWNED BY AUDEMARS PIGUET directly and Yes its for all time piece bought in the boutique. Reason why AP owned boutique give 5 years warranty is because they are selling the watch either at retail price or minimum discount 5-10% and they compensate the buyer with additional 2 years warranty.

2. There are some "AP boutique" owned by Authorized Dealer, although the watch was purchase inside the AP decoracted boutique but the receipt and the warranty booklet actually bears the name stamp of the respectively AD and NOT Audemars Piguet boutique stamp hence will only receive standard 2+1 years of warranty.

thanks. this is very informative. still struggling if I should get it from boutique with 0% discount.
Old 15 February 2017, 12:34 AM   #18
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer24 View Post
thanks. this is very informative. still struggling if I should get it from boutique with 0% discount.
You should only get boutique only pieces from the boutique. Don't waste ur money. Think of it like this typically you save 20-30% when getting from an AD. Anything that goes wrong with the watch within the extra 2 years will be cheaper than that, don't worry. Only get boutique only at boutiques.
Old 15 February 2017, 03:24 AM   #19
racer24
Banned

Quote:
You should only get boutique only pieces from the boutique. Don't waste ur money. Think of it like this typically you save 20-30% when getting from an AD. Anything that goes wrong with the watch within the extra 2 years will be cheaper than that, don't worry. Only get boutique only at boutiques.
10-4. thanks for the advice. FYI, the 44mm all black ceramic piece is now available through AP boutique NYC, they actually have 6, but no AD has it yet. they also have the Ti piece, but no RG.
Old 15 February 2017, 04:30 AM   #20
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
For how long have this us warranty extension been effective? I have a 2015 CE Diver that is bought in a US AP boutique...
Old 15 February 2017, 05:39 AM   #21
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
For how long have this us warranty extension been effective? I have a 2015 CE Diver that is bought in a US AP boutique...
You should be good. Been around quite some time. But outside the US it is hit or miss so you cannot assume all AP owned boutiques offer the 5 year warranty.
Old 15 February 2017, 09:37 PM   #22
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
You should be good. Been around quite some time. But outside the US it is hit or miss so you cannot assume all AP owned boutiques offer the 5 year warranty.
Thanks, interresting... if I get issues with it efter 3 years it would probably make economical sense to fly over to the US and take vacation instead of spending that money on servicing here in europe.
Old 15 February 2017, 10:20 PM   #23
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Thanks, interresting... if I get issues with it efter 3 years it would probably make economical sense to fly over to the US and take vacation instead of spending that money on servicing here in europe.
In some country, APSC require the sender to produce the original AP purchase invoice together with the warranty booklet in order for APSC to honor the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.

Do check with them before you fly over.
Old 20 February 2017, 01:04 AM   #24
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Bought my ceramic diver from boutique in Taiwan, 2 years plus 1 warranty.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 02:26 AM   #25
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsubby View Post
Bought my ceramic diver from boutique in Taiwan, 2 years plus 1 warranty.
It should be 5 years warranty and not 2+1. From what I understand, the extented 2 years warranty is actually local warranty and is not international. Hence you need to produce your receipt to claim the 4th and 5th from the local receipt issuing country.
Old 21 February 2017, 02:52 AM   #26
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex01 View Post
It should be 5 years warranty and not 2+1. From what I understand, the extented 2 years warranty is actually local warranty and is not international. Hence you need to produce your receipt to claim the 4th and 5th from the local receipt issuing country.
Do you know the policies of every AP boutique worldwide? I ask because you speak so authoritatively and yet I know you are not correct at least when it comes to Japan. I purchased a watch from the Japanese boutique in Ginza. There is no additional local warranty. None. Does not matter whether you produce a receipt or not. It is the same warranty as from any AD -- 2+1. If you have first hand information to the contrary please share.