The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 February 2017, 04:29 AM   #1
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Royal Oak Pink Gold On Leather Strap

Hi Guys,

Ive recently thought about purchasing my first AP... I like the Pink Gold Royal oak on leather, but cant help but think... The bracelet is one of the best features of the RO, and removing it for a leather strap almost defeats the purpose of the watch... Do you guys feel the same or just me?
Old 15 February 2017, 05:36 AM   #2
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
Hi Guys,

Ive recently thought about purchasing my first AP... I like the Pink Gold Royal oak on leather, but cant help but think... The bracelet is one of the best features of the RO, and removing it for a leather strap almost defeats the purpose of the watch... Do you guys feel the same or just me?
To be honest, I think both the leather strap and precious metal goes against the original thrust of the Royal Oak, but to each his/her own.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 08:18 AM   #3
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Has to have the bracelet for me, and in pink gold that thing is going to glitter pink... each their own.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 09:09 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I would yes, I had a ROC RG on strap and this time I'd go with a RO on bracelet, altho price is very different.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 09:13 AM   #5
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
love the bracelet on the RO but if thats not feasible i would def get it on a strap. Personally i would like them both ways but do prefer them on a bracelet. The price between the two is around 7k-10k from the forums.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 09:54 AM   #6
m0c021
"TRF" Member

Wasn't the original RO made of white gold because stainless steel was too difficult to work with in the limited time frame?

Anyways, I can confirm the bracelet is a notch above the others. At first I didn't like it in the store because I thought it was too shiny but it is amazingly comfortable. It wears much smaller and thinner than other bracelets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
m0c021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 10:47 AM   #7
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
love the bracelet on the RO but if thats not feasible i would def get it on a strap. Personally i would like them both ways but do prefer them on a bracelet. The price between the two is around 7k-10k from the forums.
It's more than that. You can get the ROC on a strap for around 25-26k. The ROC on the bracelet is minimum 40-42k.

If it was only 7-10k I would have the all gold ROC instead of my order for the 44mm RG.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 12:23 PM   #8
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
Has to have the bracelet for me, and in pink gold that thing is going to glitter pink... each their own.
This isn't true, at all. AP and Patek have the best looking rose gold pieces and do not look overly pink. I can see where the RG Rolex would be viewed as having too much of a pink hue.

I own both the 39MM RG ROC on band and 41MM RG RO on bracelet. The bracelet can be too flashy at times, if I had to decide, it would be the ROC RG on band which was about 14k cheaper. Personally not a fan of the RO on band.

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 12:40 PM   #9
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Bracelet is a must.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2017, 06:29 PM   #10
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
This isn't true, at all. AP and Patek have the best looking rose gold pieces and do not look overly pink. I can see where the RG Rolex would be viewed as having too much of a pink hue.

I own both the 39MM RG ROC on band and 41MM RG RO on bracelet. The bracelet can be too flashy at times, if I had to decide, it would be the ROC RG on band which was about 14k cheaper. Personally not a fan of the RO on band.

Ah I see what you mean. Forgive me for never having seen one as it's not on my current shopping list. Much as I'd like it to be.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote