The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2005, 11:26 PM   #1
bazzopaul

Hello! Iīm a new member. And just got robbed!!!

Hello to everyone. Itīs good to be in this forum. Itīs also a sad day for me, īcause my brand new GMT Master II black/black got stolen from a hold up at a gun point. Cash was also taken away but the thing that hurts the most is that I bet the thief doesnīt know how valuable is the rolex, and probably selling it on the street for $20. God!!! That pissed me off!!! I also have a new style TT datejust with the domed bezzel and oyster bracelet that donīt wear that offen īcause it attracts too much attention. And thatīs why I bought the GMT in SS. Iīm a bit off track now about getting the same GMT II again (which I like very much) or just stick with a cheap casio. Any opinions? Same GMT II or a cheap casio?
bazzopaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Atomic

Hi and welcome. It's a shame you held up at gunpoint, but good thing you handed it over and didn't have to pay with your life!!!!!

No watch is worth your life. Great to have you here. Where do you live that this happened and that you're fearful of wearing your DJ?

If you seriously alter the way you live because of crime/terrorists (to extrapolate) you let them win. Get another GMT (insurace covered it??) and be more careful in knowing your surroundings and being smart about where and how you travel. Chances are you weren't targetted because of your watch and once it's gone it doesn't matter what he does with it, as long as you live, right?
Old 22 September 2005, 11:41 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Welcome to the forum sorry you were robbed at gun point.You can bet
your robber new the value of your Rolex.Hope it was insured, in your report
to the police,give them the serial number, it can be added to The Rolex stolen
list slim possibility you might get it back.The most important thing you was not hurt in any way,and watches can be replaced,lives cannot .

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Welcome to TRF. Sorry it has be under such unhappy circumstances, but at least you are unharmed. As Atomic said, no watch is worth the risk of getting shot by some a$$hole.

But on to happier things. We're glad to have you here as part of the TRF family. Stick around and enjoy the fun.

And as for your question, there's only one answer as far as I am concerned. Another black/black GMT. But then as anyone around here can tell you, that is my favorite watch by far. Of all my watches, the all black gets the most wear time. So go for it and replace the black GMT. You will not be sorry.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 11:44 PM   #5
Atomic

If you had the serial number registed with Rolex (and put it on the police report) there is a slim chance you could eventually get your watch back. Remote but possible.

I read a story of a guy who had his Rolex stolen and returned to him 10 years later when it turned up at a Rolex service centre and they found the serial number was on the stolen list. Amazingly they returned it to the rightful owner.
Old 23 September 2005, 01:42 AM   #6
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome to TRF. Very bad news to hear you were robbed at gunpoint, I hope they catch the bstard and cut his nuts off. There's a great bunch of guys here so enjoy the company and try to take your mind of the robbery.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2005, 01:43 AM   #7
Seadweller
"TRF" Member

Welcome, as long as you are safe that is the main thing. Material things can always be replaced but lives cannot.

Hope you decide to get a new Rolex ( hopefully insurance will cover that )

Regards
Craig.
Old 23 September 2005, 05:02 AM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hello and a big welcome. Sorry to meet up with you under such circumstances, but the important thing is you weren't harmed.

Was the watch insured? You must have the serial no., so make it a point to report it to the cops. If you're lucky, they might be able to trace the watch through the serial no.

Good luck and keep on posting.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2005, 07:21 AM   #9
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Welcome and sorry about your robbery at gun point. At least you are alive. I certainly hope they were insured. =) maverick
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2005, 12:19 AM   #10
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Sorry to hear about your lost but, you did walk away so, all was not lost. I'd think do what your heart tells you on the replacement. If your in a high crime area I'd get the casio as my beater and not have to worry about losing another high end watch to a common criminal. my 2c
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote