The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 March 2017, 02:28 AM   #1
Jeffreyc87
"TRF" Member

Next Watch

I currently own the platona, smurf and blro.

I am looking to add a YM.

Wanted to get opinions btw the 1) 2015 solid RG YM with black dial and ceramic bezel on oysterflex vs the 2) 2016 RG/SS YM with chocolate dial and everose bezel/middle links oyster bracelet.

I know a lot of people claim once you wear pm it's hard or difficult to go back to non pm watches but there are a lot of stunning ss models (seadwellers and hulks and BLNR) and bimetallic
Models (ss with WG bezel and blue dial skydwellers and datejust 41s) and tt models (RG/ss YM1 and YM2s) that call to me.

Just because I appreciate solid PM models I don't want to eliminate others simply because I own mostly PMs but there seem to be several well respected collectors on the forum that decide to only purchase pm models so wanted to get opinions.
Jeffreyc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 02:33 AM   #2
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
personally you need some color to your PM. id go with the RG YM on oysterflex.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 02:40 AM   #3
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
this is a tough one. It really depends on your day to day life. Obviously you're getting by with your existing three beaters. JK haha. You have three amazing watches already, that for most people would not be "everyday" watches.

If I owned your lineup, I would 100% need a SS sports watch in the group, but that just may not be your style and life style.

I think the RGYM on oyster flex would really add some diversity to your group. IMO the TT YM wouldn't stand a chance to get the wrist time compared to your others, where as the RG YM would mix in nicely, cause it's SO different than everything else.

Depending on your wrist size, you might want to consider a D-Blue or perhaps the new 43mm Seadweller.

BLNR is also a homerun, but again, compared to your BLRO, it might end up being a benchwarmer.

WG Skydweller with black dial on the leather strap would definitely be a consideration for me if I were you. Rubber B also makes an amazing strap for that watch, that would really help mix things up.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote