The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 June 2017, 10:55 PM   #211
tufty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ II, Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
It's bloody annoying!

One of the AD's I use has a Sub date LN, LV and BLNR I told the sales guy I deal with I could put forum members onto these and all be gone within a day but he said nope these are kept out back for loyal customers (but couldn't these new customers become loyal customers!)

I even gave a member a heads up to a watch and when he called the AD said they didn't have it and if they did it would go to their list, odd as I was just offered it and had only stepped foot out of the shop!
Where was this?
tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 09:12 PM   #212
FK77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
No sought after SS models at Mappin & Webb Regent Street yesterday.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 08:12 AM   #213
Cibbersicks
Banned

I managed to get hold of a brand new unworn 116610LN in late Feb, with no waiting.

To be honest I was pretty appalled by all the AD's I visited when searching, WOS pretty much laughed at me and watched me down their noses out of the shop. As soon as I mentioned what I was after they were completely uninterested.

In the end it wasn't through an AD though, it was through a midlands dealer who had no issues getting it. It was only by chance I got it through them, I was in fact selling a Breitling Superocean to fund the purchase elsewhere and happened to explain what I was after. The rest unfolded from there.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM, I'd happily help.
Cibbersicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 08:46 AM   #214
FK77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
In the end it wasn't through an AD though, it was through a midlands dealer who had no issues getting it.
Did you pay a premium though? This is what most people here are complaining about. There is no availability issue with SS models in the UK if you are willing to go the non-AD route and happy to pay above retail.

On that note, if anyone is serious about buying a BLNR in London, at a premium of course, I can help if you PM me.
Old 16 June 2017, 08:49 AM   #215
Cibbersicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
Did you pay a premium though? This is what most people here are complaining about. There is no availability issue with SS models in the UK if you are willing to go the non-AD route and happy to pay above retail.

On that note, if anyone is serious about buying a BLNR in London, at a premium of course, I can help if you PM me.

Interestingly no, I even managed to squeeze a discount with some healthy negotiations. Having the right watch as PX helped though I would say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16 June 2017, 08:51 AM   #216
FK77
"TRF" Member

Well done I'm sure your inbox will be flooded now.
Old 25 June 2017, 03:28 AM   #217
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Merry Hill AD - in window

Black deepsea
Bluesy sub
Steel and gold sub
Couple milguass
Couple yachtmaster
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 03:52 AM   #218
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Merry Hill AD - in window

Black deepsea
Bluesy sub
Steel and gold sub
Couple milguass
Couple yachtmaster
I've bought a couple of Rolex from that store in the past but have to say the current 'manager' is simply an idiot. And I am not one to be rude about people.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 04:26 AM   #219
bobby81
"TRF" Member

If you can hold out for a month or two Iconic Watches in Blackburn UK will source any Watch for you & would be cheaper than list price. I've had some dealing's with them & they are very professional people granted one of the hang tag's will be missing but what you have to ask yourself is a hang tag worth 1,000. On the two occasion's I have bought Rolexes from them I was very happy with the standard of service I received from them as well as saving a lot of money in fact I flew to the UK from Dublin Ireland to pick up the Watches in person & it was worth the trip
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 05:53 AM   #220
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
I've bought a couple of Rolex from that store in the past but have to say the current 'manager' is simply an idiot. And I am not one to be rude about people.
As a matter of interest who do you think is the current manager ??

If your talking about Darren (the manager) you couldn't be further from the truth.

What upset you to come to that conclusion ??
Old 25 June 2017, 06:01 AM   #221
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
As a matter of interest who do you think is the current manager ??

If your talking about Darren (the manager) you couldn't be further from the truth.

What upset you to come to that conclusion ??

Yes him. I would not buy from that store again.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 06:02 AM   #222
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, had no idea SS sports models were so hard to come by in the UK. You would think Rolex would want to push some more inventory into the market to help with the demand?

Out of curiosity, what is a NIB SS Ceramic Daytona fetching on the secondary market in the UK? Is it same as US?
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 06:17 AM   #223
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Ł15000-Ł16000 of your English pounds if you want one in the UK from a grey dealer
Old 25 June 2017, 06:19 AM   #224
FK77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
Out of curiosity, what is a NIB SS Ceramic Daytona fetching on the secondary market in the UK? Is it same as US?
Don't know how much they are actually selling for but being advertised at around Ł15,500 which is Ł6,400 above retail!
Old 25 June 2017, 07:46 AM   #225
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby81 View Post
If you can hold out for a month or two Iconic Watches in Blackburn UK will source any Watch for you & would be cheaper than list price. I've had some dealing's with them & they are very professional people granted one of the hang tag's will be missing but what you have to ask yourself is a hang tag worth 1,000. On the two occasion's I have bought Rolexes from them I was very happy with the standard of service I received from them as well as saving a lot of money in fact I flew to the UK from Dublin Ireland to pick up the Watches in person & it was worth the trip
Hulk is Ł7.6K and BLNR Ł7.95k, they're just a bunch of rip off merchants like everyone else.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 08:11 AM   #226
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
One Deep Sea 44mm and a Gmt LN in Middlesbrough

I asked for a Sub or a SD 43 : waiting time 12 to 18 months

Daytona waiting time : . . . . . 12 YEARS . . .

Absolutely ridiculous
Nah...they just don't want to do business with you...

I know there is a bit of a different situation in UK, but those numbers are crazy.

In the US availability is

Sub: Immediate: in stock. No problem obtaining whatsoever.

SD43: 2 weeks / Month Tops.....but this will be decreasing to immediate and In stock very very shortly. Rolex is CRANKING these out at a torrid pace and will be a no problem obtaining whatsoever reference shortly.

BLNR / DEEP BLUE....There will always be a bit of a wait on these. Maybe a month or 6weeks. Reasonably Easy..and selling below retail on secondary, so it doesn't matter.

Daytona C. Up to a year from a mega chain AD. Seen a only month wait of a rural M&P....

6month more likely....

12Yrs? Absolute rubbish.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 02:21 PM   #227
dominate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z-blue Milli
Why would they do that?
dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 04:47 PM   #228
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominate View Post
Why would they do that?
Because they don't want to be bothered with people off the street coming in and trying to buy the "hot" models ahead of their clients...so they tell them crazy lead time numbers to get them to go away..

They way they figure it, clients have EARNED the right to get the watches first...and they know they will buy because of their history...

The man off the street is just another name to manage and then get nagged at for where the watch is...too much of a PITA..

Here is an example. When I was looking for an SD43 my friend cold called another location of the AD chain we buy from to see if they had one.

The Store manager told him that the watch was absolutely impossible to get and even his million $ clients couldn't get one, there just isn't any to be had.

I had mine on my wrist 24hrs later from another location of that AD chain....and while I am a client, I'm not a 7 figure spender...

In reality, these references really aren't that hard too get (even in the UK...there are lots of pics and videos from UK members of their Daytona C)....you just have to get through the politics and avoid disobliging dealers that can't be bothered.
Old 25 June 2017, 05:20 PM   #229
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Nah...they just don't want to do business with you...

I know there is a bit of a different situation in UK, but those numbers are crazy.

In the US availability is

Sub: Immediate: in stock. No problem obtaining whatsoever.

SD43: 2 weeks / Month Tops.....but this will be decreasing to immediate and In stock very very shortly. Rolex is CRANKING these out at a torrid pace and will be a no problem obtaining whatsoever reference shortly.

BLNR / DEEP BLUE....There will always be a bit of a wait on these. Maybe a month or 6weeks. Reasonably Easy..and selling below retail on secondary, so it doesn't matter.

Daytona C. Up to a year from a mega chain AD. Seen a only month wait of a rural M&P....

6month more likely....

12Yrs? Absolute rubbish.
Unless you're a major spender in a UK AD, the wait list for a Daytona C is likely to be years rather than months. I've been quoted to 'expect five years' at my AD but realistically I could have one in 12 to 18 months because number 1 on the list won't be in a position to proceed, number 2 will be overseas, number 3 will be washing his hair and so forth. But 12 years? B/S. They either don't like the potential buyer or are not taking him seriously. I guess the possibility that they get one every four months and they've taken 36 deposits of full MSRP is not impossible, but..........

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 07:07 PM   #230
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
This also assumes that they honour the list which they probably don't so your place on it is not really worth much anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 07:07 PM   #231
mattty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
Don't know how much they are actually selling for but being advertised at around Ł15,500 which is Ł6,400 above retail!
That's more than the rrp of a Gold and steel Daytona.
mattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 07:15 PM   #232
Cibbersicks
Banned

Quote:
Because they don't want to be bothered with people off the street coming in and trying to buy the "hot" models ahead of their clients...so they tell them crazy lead time numbers to get them to go away..

And this is exactly what happened to me - in that very AD in Merry Hill mentioned above. I was practically laughed at when I walked in enquiringly about a black sub Date. I was really disappointed with the lack of respect shown and felt I was treated like a joker who had walked in with no intention of buying one. I was told "sorry mate but you're not going to get hold of one for over 12months."

I was in MH yesterday and while the other half was in a girly clothes shop I made a point of having a wonder in and seeing what they had on display at the back at the shop (wearing the brand new black sub that only a month ago they'd told me I couldn't get...) Nobody even spoke a word to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26 June 2017, 01:55 AM   #233
Winnie Bloo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the GBP fall.
Five weeks ago my wife and I were back in the UK.

Hadn't visited Merry Hill since Warner Bros closed their store years ago.
Yep, quite a few years!

Anyway we visited Goodsmith's and had a very nice polite chat with Darren and one of the young assistants, Chloe. Nothing was too much trouble, refreshments offered, accepted and enjoyed. Tried a deepsea on too.

Therefore Darren has a two from us and I wouldn't have hesitated from buying from him.

Yeah, we all have different experiences, and thought I should share ours.
Winnie Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 02:16 AM   #234
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewellblue View Post
Was working in T4 Heathrow last night and they had a great ss selection
Sub no date
Sub bluesy
GMT LN
Seadweller
Sub date
New Yacht-Master Grey and blue
And a few others, asked about the Daytona they have not seen one yet.
All at 20% under UK list price!!
Wouldn't the OP need to have gone through passport control and into the departure area to be able to access tax free shopping?

Surely these areas aren't accessible to the general public at large???

If they are let me know and I'll be there tomorrow...!!
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 02:34 AM   #235
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie Bloo View Post
Five weeks ago my wife and I were back in the UK.

Hadn't visited Merry Hill since Warner Bros closed their store years ago.
Yep, quite a few years!

Anyway we visited Goodsmith's and had a very nice polite chat with Darren and one of the young assistants, Chloe. Nothing was too much trouble, refreshments offered, accepted and enjoyed. Tried a deepsea on too.

Therefore Darren has a two from us and I wouldn't have hesitated from buying from him.

Yeah, we all have different experiences, and thought I should share ours.
That more like the Darren I know and trust. Like you say though everyone has different experiences and opinions. Some people may have off days as well, when they are at work.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate in buying from him, there are some knowledgeable staff in that shop.
Old 26 June 2017, 03:09 AM   #236
JC509
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I turned down a Hulk on Friday from local AD :( as recently purchased blnr. Less than 3 month wait & had to wait 4 days for my blnr from another local AD
JC509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 04:05 AM   #237
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC509 View Post
I turned down a Hulk on Friday from local AD :( as recently purchased blnr. Less than 3 month wait & had to wait 4 days for my blnr from another local AD
Those are more realistic timeframes.
Old 26 June 2017, 04:10 AM   #238
tufty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ II, Exp II
Quote:
Those are more realistic timeframes.
Really depends on what part of the country you live would be my guess??
tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 04:56 AM   #239
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
I currently have my name on the list for a Submariner Date. My AD estimated around 6 months but also said in reality I probably won't be waiting quite that long.

I'm about 2 weeks in now and already getting impatient.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 05:01 AM   #240
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
This also assumes that they honour the list which they probably don't so your place on it is not really worth much anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's definitely a factor.
Let's just accept the lists are shall we say, Pliable.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom