The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 November 2016, 08:13 AM   #91
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyG View Post
Brand new stickered 116610LN sub date for sale at rrp , pm me
No offence mate but I've seen you post this a few times on threads surely this belongs in the FS section?!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 09:22 AM   #92
Yousefsl
"TRF" Member

Thank you, Health to wear! It really is a fantastic watch.
Yousefsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 05:41 AM   #93
bodhipooh
"TRF" Member

I can confirm what others have stated in this thread. I just returned from a weekend getaway to the UK (London) and there is not a single SS model to be found at any of the ADs, other than the Milgauss. And, even that was somewhat hard to find! On Regent St, I found one z-blue dial, and that was also the case for the T3 shop in LHR. I managed to find my black dial Milgauss at the Oxford Street WoS store, and it was just plain luck, as I was referred there by another AD who informed me they had gotten one delivered on Thursday, and that it should be available for sale on Friday. I stopped by on Friday, and there it was in the window display, so I walked in and bought it. When they went to collect the box and warranty card, all of it was still shrink wrapped. After VAT refund, the savings were substantial and paid for the entire weekend trip. Winning!
bodhipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 06:02 AM   #94
Lovewatches108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhipooh View Post
I can confirm what others have stated in this thread. I just returned from a weekend getaway to the UK (London) and there is not a single SS model to be found at any of the ADs, other than the Milgauss. And, even that was somewhat hard to find! On Regent St, I found one z-blue dial, and that was also the case for the T3 shop in LHR. I managed to find my black dial Milgauss at the Oxford Street WoS store, and it was just plain luck, as I was referred there by another AD who informed me they had gotten one delivered on Thursday, and that it should be available for sale on Friday. I stopped by on Friday, and there it was in the window display, so I walked in and bought it. When they went to collect the box and warranty card, all of it was still shrink wrapped. After VAT refund, the savings were substantial and paid for the entire weekend trip. Winning!
Well done to you and it's nice to know that you don't have to pay any sort of duty on the item upon entry back into US like you have to do here.
Lovewatches108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 05:16 AM   #95
jamesreid978
"TRF" Member

ND Sub, deapsea, explorer II polar and Milgauss all in window at Jamieson and carry in Aberdeen at close today.
jamesreid978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 05:43 AM   #96
tufty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ II, Exp II
would like to add a green sub, anyone know of one in east anglia UK??
tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 06:48 AM   #97
THEPAM687
Banned

All models available in uk geez it's not buried pirates gold honestly
THEPAM687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 06:56 AM   #98
tufty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPAM687 View Post
The 3 Ad's near me don't have it, may have to make a few more inquiries, not ready to buy just yet, as need to save a few more pennies
Old 14 March 2017, 06:58 AM   #99
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:

Really??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 07:02 AM   #100
RUK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,Daytona,P
Travel out of the UK to Ireland or Spain. Plenty there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 14 March 2017, 08:55 AM   #101
mick121212
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
I've just had a letter (voucher) through the post from my AD in the UK giving stock away cheap as they're closing down.. I bought my Bluesy off them recently and if the price is right, I might end up buying another different model??

I know the coke is in demand, what other watches hold their value nearly as good, Daytona?
mick121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 09:21 AM   #102
phil40000
"TRF" Member

Bruh, firstly if you are happy then crack on and all power to you.

The 2016 AK is not (to me, and seemingly a lot of others) a desirable (as in waiting list worthy) piece. I can't believe the AD has played it up to you as unobtainium and 'we'll hold it until 1pm'. The AK is one of the models you will always see in the UK airport boutiques along side the two tone models. Again, if you are happy with it then fantastic but I am sad that the AD has pulled that on you.

I purchased a Sub-C date in December 2015 in the UK with ten percent off list (£5,250) Warranty card in my name and stickers on etc. I realise that due to currency fluctuation people have come from overseas to purchase Rolex pieces for cheap but the deals are still there if one is determined and knows where to look.

I guess the old adage still holds, namely something is worth what someone will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phil40000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 09:34 AM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Keep off this thread, we help each other out here, nobody cares what you think you can get.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 10:58 AM   #104
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Keep off this thread, we help each other out here, nobody cares what you think you can get.
You may be frustrated by the lack of availability where you are, but look around. My Mother's local AD usually has 2-3 SS models in the window, and Subs in the safe. It's a small country town, Bury St. Edmunds.

It's usually polite here. Maybe we are all addicts, and not getting an "affordable" fix is making people tetchy.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 04:22 PM   #105
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
I'd say it actually is buried pirates gold

You see the same SS stuff in windows..Milgauss, EXP2, YM.

A bit more of a challenge is GMT2 LN, Sub And ND, Air-King and EXP (new) and Deepsea Black.

A bigger challenge is BLNR, D-Blue and DaytonaC.

No one is saying they're unavailable but they ARE hard to secure from a UK AD at list.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 06:10 PM   #106
Dirty Tool
"TRF" Member

I was shopping for an Speedie a few weeks ago to beat the Omega price increase. I visited many AD's in London over the space of a week. I didn't see one SS model apart from a few Explorer II's and Milgauss. Closest to a GMT I saw was a bi-colour and the closest to a Sub was a WG model.
Dirty Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 06:37 PM   #107
SC11
Banned

Quote:
About as helpful as a wet paper bag!

Yes all models are available at a premium but we are talking about certain popular SS models from AD's at retail.

Find me a black Daytona from an AD this week and I'll pay you in buried pirated gold
Old 14 March 2017, 07:10 PM   #108
THEPAM687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Don't tell me to keep off any threads these are open threads who do you think you are - as I stated models are readily available don't be so absurd to think they are not when a few calls to the right people will get you one - obviously you cannot do this. Next time think before you rant
THEPAM687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 07:26 PM   #109
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Don't tell me to keep off any threads these are open threads who do you think you are - as I stated models are readily available don't be so absurd to think they are not when a few calls to the right people will get you one - obviously you cannot do this. Next time think before you rant
I think the point was that we all help each other and respect each other here.

For a new member on here your attitude is pretty abrasive, and that can and will get people's backs up.

Maybe relax a bit
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 07:30 PM   #110
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

Quite. I'm surprised he didn't add "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 11:33 PM   #111
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If you are not going to be helpful, stay off this thread.
Old 14 March 2017, 11:37 PM   #112
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwap View Post
You may be frustrated by the lack of availability where you are, but look around. My Mother's local AD usually has 2-3 SS models in the window, and Subs in the safe. It's a small country town, Bury St. Edmunds.

It's usually polite here. Maybe we are all addicts, and not getting an "affordable" fix is making people tetchy.
This isn't about me, I'm not looking for any SS watches at the moment, but these sneery remarks put people off posting here to help others out if they think others are saying the watches are easy to find.
Old 15 March 2017, 03:55 AM   #113
tufty
"TRF" Member

Quote:

hmmm thats not to far from me, might give them a call, do you have a contact name for the shop?
Old 19 March 2017, 09:20 PM   #114
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufty View Post
hmmm thats not to far from me, might give them a call, do you have a contact name for the shop?
http://www.thurlowchampness.com

I don't know what they have right now, but the best AD experience I've had. Not because of geek levels of knowledge (although fine), but just....nice, professional and friendly. I bought my GMTIIc there. They had 2 in stock.
Old 19 March 2017, 09:25 PM   #115
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Listen guys, if your local AD doesn't co-operate, leave and go elsewhere. If elsewhere doesn't have what you want buy another brand. Vote with your wallet.

If the ADs are getting arrogant, don't buy. If Rolex are short supplying because of brexit and or the pound dropping and they want to increase demand before another price hike, buy another brand.

We are the customers. There are plenty of fantastic watches out there. Buy them, and come back to Rolex after they realise they are not in charge.
Old 19 March 2017, 10:11 PM   #116
Northcap
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Listen guys, if your local AD doesn't co-operate, leave and go elsewhere. If elsewhere doesn't have what you want buy another brand. Vote with your wallet.

If the ADs are getting arrogant, don't buy. If Rolex are short supplying because of brexit and or the pound dropping and they want to increase demand before another price hike, buy another brand.

We are the customers. There are plenty of fantastic watches out there. Buy them, and come back to Rolex after they realise they are not in charge.
Normally I would agree with you. For me part of the charm of owning Rolex tool watches is the fact they are factory produced, as opposed to small shop built, yet remain difficult to procure even in the US (Daytona C, BLNR).

If Rolex changed its business model, then I believe it would become like a well known Swiss competitor -- a maker of nice watches which has to produce model changes every so often in order to excite demand.

Put another way. I dare say the GS Highbeat GMT or GS Spring Drive GMT is every bit the technical and quality equal of the Rolex GMT. Which watch has a massive worldwide following? One day I will own a GS Snowflake, but it will be after I finish building the core of my Rolex collection.
Northcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 10:26 PM   #117
Beller
"TRF" Member

I was in Manchester City centre yesterday. There is a shop called rockerfellers that had both the white and black ceramic Daytona. No prices in window, but website says £15.9k. They also had 2 BLNR GMT.
Beller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 10:38 PM   #118
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Ok I'll tell you. Be nice or stay off the thread
Old 19 March 2017, 10:38 PM   #119
SC11
Banned

I've just had a call on a Sub Date and BLNR (BLNR now gone) when I saw the AD's number calling instantly thought 'Daytona' call but alas not...
Old 19 March 2017, 10:40 PM   #120
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beller View Post
I was in Manchester City centre yesterday. There is a shop called rockerfellers that had both the white and black ceramic Daytona. No prices in window, but website says £15.9k. They also had 2 BLNR GMT.
Yeah plenty of stock...

My sister works opposite and popped in to ask the price
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8270.JPG (231.3 KB, 616 views)

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom