The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2017, 11:01 AM   #1
diverdoug
Banned

Watch: YG GMT/blue Sky-D
No stickers at AD for NIB?

My first Rolex was a DSSD I bought about 5 weeks ago. I purchased at an AD about 100 miles from me because my local AD did not have the model I wanted. It came with stickers and tags. I bought My Hulk about 3 weeks ago from my local AD and noticed all of his Rolex watches have had the stickers removed but had the tags. Is this unusual? This is an AD with a couple of locations in the Tampa area, and is on the Rolex website as an AD, so I assume nothing untoward is going on. So, do other AD pull all the stickers off their new Rolex stock?
diverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 11:12 AM   #2
tifosi
"TRF" Member

I guess some ADs may not want to display their inventory with the stickers on. They are a bit unsightly. Dealer preference I imagine. I have seen some stock with them and some without.
Old 22 March 2017, 11:16 AM   #3
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Can't say I've ever been to an AD and seen their stock not have stickers. When you buy the watch is when they will usually take the stickers off if you don't ask for them to stay on. As long as there aren't any blemishes when new, I guess there really isn't an issue.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 11:24 AM   #4
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
The polished sides are delicate and will show any minute scratches easily no matter how fine the lines.
If the watch is unworn without stickers, view it under light at an angle it should be absolutely like a mirror.
Old 22 March 2017, 11:58 AM   #5
jrwilkes81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I personally enjoy peeling the new stickers off myself, and finding that occasional one I missed a week or two later lol
jrwilkes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Around me it seems like the PM models with bracelets have stickers, PM on straps and SS often don't.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 12:16 PM   #7
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdoug View Post
My first Rolex was a DSSD I bought about 5 weeks ago. I purchased at an AD about 100 miles from me because my local AD did not have the model I wanted. It came with stickers and tags. I bought My Hulk about 3 weeks ago from my local AD and noticed all of his Rolex watches have had the stickers removed but had the tags. Is this unusual? This is an AD with a couple of locations in the Tampa area, and is on the Rolex website as an AD, so I assume nothing untoward is going on. So, do other AD pull all the stickers off their new Rolex stock?
Whereas we all have our own preferences about the stickers, no, there is nothing "untoward" going on. Some ADs remove them, some do not and some are inconsistent in their practices.
blue16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 12:18 PM   #8
behardt
"TRF" Member

I've seen ADs that put them in the front window showcases with all the stickers removed many times.
Old 22 March 2017, 12:53 PM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwilkes81 View Post
I personally enjoy peeling the new stickers off myself, and finding that occasional one I missed a week or two later lol
Me too
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 01:13 PM   #10
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Me too
Me three. A sales associate removed all the stickers on my 116500 white and it was like he raped my watch.

Last time I buy a watch without the owner there.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 01:16 PM   #11
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
Not a good practice to take them off. No way of telling if it's been worn before. For instance, someone having a purchase regret and returning the watch. I was told by one of the AD's I shop at that they are to leave the stickers on and once they come off, the watch is non-returnable.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 01:30 PM   #12
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
Not a good practice to take them off. No way of telling if it's been worn before. For instance, someone having a purchase regret and returning the watch. I was told by one of the AD's I shop at that they are to leave the stickers on and once they come off, the watch is non-returnable.
I think that is a fair policy if the watch is sold with all stickers intact but not if some or all have been removed by the AD.
blue16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 01:33 PM   #13
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue16613 View Post
I think that is a fair policy if the watch is sold with all stickers intact but not if some or all have been removed by the AD.
It is never acceptable to remove stickers unless you ask first.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 01:36 PM   #14
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I've seen ADs carry one or two watches without stickers, but NEVER all of the watches in the showcase as desrbibed in the OP.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 07:00 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
I sometime wonder what's more important with some of you guys, useless sticky back plastic or the actual watch.And whether any new watch bought from any AD with or without stickers they both get exactly the same Rolex warranty.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 07:07 PM   #16
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
No way of telling if it's been worn before.
Sounds ok to me?
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 07:31 PM   #17
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I sometime wonder what's more important with some of you guys, useless sticky back plastic or the actual watch.And whether any new watch bought from any AD with or without stickers they both get exactly the same Rolex warranty.
Out of curiosity:
If you had a choice at an AD between 2 watches; stickered and non-stickered, which one would you choose?

I suppose there's people who truly don't care but I'd choose a stickered watch every time
Old 22 March 2017, 07:34 PM   #18
diverdoug
Banned

Watch: YG GMT/blue Sky-D
I would choose the stickered one, no watch kooties that way
They can be deadly
diverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 07:58 PM   #19
Remerus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
They can be deadly
Love it!!
Remerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 08:41 PM   #20
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Quote:
They can be deadly
Old 22 March 2017, 08:59 PM   #21
R G
Banned

Regardless of AD's protocol, for me, if watch doesn't have stickers, it arouses suspicion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 08:59 PM   #22
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My AD displays with the stickers and upon purchase you can remove the stickers in the store before you leave or they will do this for you. No watch is out of the store with the stickers. They started this about 2 years ago. I get it and don't care. I am all about the watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 09:01 PM   #23
R G
Banned

Quote:

We get it - you don't care for boxes, stickers, presentation, anything.

News alert; your view is in the minority. And I'm not talking about this forum, I'm referring to what most consumers want when spending money, regardless of the item or the level of spend.
R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 09:04 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad3 View Post
Out of curiosity:
If you had a choice at an AD between 2 watches; stickered and non-stickered, which one would you choose?

I suppose there's people who truly don't care but I'd choose a stickered watch every time
Well it would be prudent to remove the stickers just encase there were any markings on the case or bracelet.So cannot see what the difference stickered or not stickered, as long both are in a as new conditions.Only place for stickers thats in the bin once any watch is sold, most important is the watch, then the warranty card rest is just packaging like you get with most things today.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 22 March 2017, 09:07 PM   #25
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Very odd, My AD they have all the stickers on the watch, only remove them when a sale is made.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2017, 11:16 PM   #26
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
It's not complicated, and it has nothing to do with your generalized perception of this new generation of soft Rolex owners. A watch that's been handled and tried on by hundreds of people over however long the period of time shouldn't really be considered brand new. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about people fondling a watch you might buy, but the stickers obviously help to prevent unnecessary handling scratches. Whether or not you receive the "exact same warranty" is irrelevant.

Obviously you feel like today's Rolex owner/buyer has lost sight of what a Rolex is, but I think you've lost sight of who Rolex SA is. They shove luxury marketing and perfection down our throats and it surprises you that people want to walk out of AD with proetective stickers on a brand new watch?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2017, 11:31 PM   #27
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I believe a while back there was a thread saying watches need to have stickers removed prior to leaving the store. This is to reduce grey sales.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2017, 11:54 PM   #28
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
It's not complicated, and it has nothing to do with your generalized perception of this new generation of soft Rolex owners. A watch that's been handled and tried on by hundreds of people over however long the period of time shouldn't really be considered brand new. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about people fondling a watch you might buy, but the stickers obviously help to prevent unnecessary handling scratches. Whether or not you receive the "exact same warranty" is irrelevant.

Obviously you feel like today's Rolex owner/buyer has lost sight of what a Rolex is, but I think you've lost sight of who Rolex SA is. They shove luxury marketing and perfection down our throats and it surprises you that people want to walk out of AD with proetective stickers on a brand new watch?
Well if there was any handling scratches on the watch then any person with any sense would not buy that one.But its doubtful any Rolex except perhaps the slow sellers could have been tried on a few times.But most of the sports line up are not at ADs long enough to gather any dust.So whether watch has or has no stickers as long as there are no visible marks what difference does it make unless you have a sticker fetish.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 27 March 2017, 12:47 AM   #29
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
I could careless. I'm tired of finding stickers 6 months after purchase.

gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 01:00 AM   #30
Shaky
"TRF" Member

If I went into an apple shop to buy let's say a new iPad and all the protective stickers were off it but the bloke behind the counter assured me it was brand new. I would politely tell him to go get another one.
If it was a Rolex AD then we would be having the very same conversation !!

It's nothing to do with a sticker fetish or being a serial flipper etc etc.
It's about me paying for and wanting a new watch. Not one that's been kicking about as a display model. In any other product they get sold off for a discount.
I also think I am in the majority in my line of thinking.

Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote