The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2017, 01:29 AM   #31
Tebow15
Banned

It means it has been on display for people to try on and therefore, has been finger-banged many times already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tebow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 01:48 AM   #32
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
It's like a "new" car at a dealership that has more than 15 miles on it. It's all used up! It was probably used for a test drive. Who would want to buy THAT?
Old 27 March 2017, 01:55 AM   #33
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well if there was any handling scratches on the watch then any person with any sense would not buy that one.But its doubtful any Rolex except perhaps the slow sellers could have been tried on a few times.But most of the sports line up are not at ADs long enough to gather any dust.So whether watch has or has no stickers as long as there are no visible marks what difference does it make unless you have a sticker fetish.
If there were absolutely no marks/scratches on a watch that I wanted, personally it wouldn't let it stop me from buying it. But I wouldn't judge someone who only wanted to buy a watch that had all the stickers intact, and it's certainly logical that anyone who spends any amount of money on something "brand new" wants that thing to be in brand new condition.

And to be fair, if I had a choice of two brand new watches, I would definitely choose the watch that has all the stickers in place.

I've actually heard an AD say regarding a "brand new" white gold sub, "don't worry about all the handling scratches on it, if you buy it we'll make it look brand new before you walk out." lol. So apparently polishing a brand new watch before leaving the AD is a thing.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 01:56 AM   #34
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow15 View Post
It means it has been on display for people to try on and therefore, has been finger-banged many times already

Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 01:57 AM   #35
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow15 View Post

haha... he said finger-banged.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 04:47 AM   #36
Tebow15
Banned

No stickers at AD for NIB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
haha... he said finger-banged.

Lol. Aren't I correct?? If it has been in the showcase wo stickers on it, that means that everyone who wanted to try one on tried THAT ONE on at that store. It is like a new car that has been test driven at the dealership 100 times. It is new, but not really...

IMO, if I'm going to pay UP for BNIB, I want BNIB

Tebow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 04:53 AM   #37
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
My AD offers to take them off or I can do it myself...my choice. Interesting that yours removed the stickers before sale. Perhaps there is a trend evolving based on some of the other responses?
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 05:44 AM   #38
BadBoyR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubsGMTsSDsYM2DJ41
Best to tell them beforehand. I'm picking up a Hulk this weekend and i advised them to leave the stickers on. Response was, if that's what you want, ok.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BadBoyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 07:07 AM   #39
Fletcher UK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
I put my name down at an AD this week and paid a deposit but I had to sign a contract that when the watch arrives they will keep the warranty card for 12 months AND they have to peel all stickers off before the watch can leave the showroom. True. Couldn't believe it. Felt like going elsewhere but then I thought its only stickers I'm being a bit daft. I'll have to put some cello tape on
Fletcher UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 07:41 AM   #40
BadBoyR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubsGMTsSDsYM2DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher UK View Post
I put my name down at an AD this week and paid a deposit but I had to sign a contract that when the watch arrives they will keep the warranty card for 12 months AND they have to peel all stickers off before the watch can leave the showroom. True. Couldn't believe it. Felt like going elsewhere but then I thought its only stickers I'm being a bit daft. I'll have to put some cello tape on
What watch?, that is very odd.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BadBoyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 08:48 AM   #41
diverdoug
Banned

Watch: YG GMT/blue Sky-D
My stainless models had stickers pooled and were in the showcase (yes, prob finger banged). MY YG GMT 2 They had to order, and it came with stickers.
diverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 09:41 AM   #42
tjjma
"TRF" Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned that it could have been a return watch. The original buyer may have had changed his mind, had it for a short time, never worn, and have taken the stickers off after he brought it home. It's easy for an AD to get a new warranty card from Rolex.
tjjma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 10:51 AM   #43
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Stickers can tend to rub off over time. I've never seen a piece with no stickers on, but I have seen some missing stickers in some places. Doesn't really matter much to me so long as the watch looks new. When I lived in Maryland, I dealt with a smaller AD who did less volume. They had watches hanging around the store for months. My nearest AD in New Jersey turns watches pretty quick. They always look fresh out of the coffin.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 10:54 AM   #44
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I've actually heard an AD say regarding a "brand new" white gold sub, "don't worry about all the handling scratches on it, if you buy it we'll make it look brand new before you walk out." lol. So apparently polishing a brand new watch before leaving the AD is a thing.
For us, this is sacriledge. I totally see your point. I've browsed many times next to buyers who want a Rolex but don't know what a Submariner is. Or they want the "bigger one with the white dial and orange hand." I'm sure to them a light polish is nothing, maybe even a selling point!
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 11:47 AM   #45
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
No stickers at AD for NIB?

I have bought many (15+) pieces from my AD. Rolex,Tudor, Nomos etc. don't think I have ever had one that still had the stickers on it outside of maybe a case back sticker. Any rouge stickers that are still there are removed as to inspect the watch to insure it is perfect when I take it.

I work with a small ad and many times they don't keep multiples of every watch in the safe. I have never asked for a new one with stickers in the shipping box (clear plastic shipping box) because I buy my watches to wear and since I will not wear it with the stickers...........now that I think about it as sloppy seconds (or 33rd's) I may ask for a new one.

I have a shopping bag full of those plastic Rolex shipping boxes. Not sure why I took them when offered.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote