The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 March 2017, 12:40 PM   #1
alextheseal
"TRF" Member

Size Comparison: New Sea Dweller vs Datejust 41

Like many on here, I was not thrilled when it was revealed that we were, in fact, getting a super-sized Sea Dweller. 43 seems like such a, well, odd number! I was hoping to make the 50th anniversary model my next purchase, but not sold on being able to pull off the look with my puny, lady-wrists (~6.5").

So, short of being able to try one on, I tried to guesstimate how it might look by comparing against a known reference, in this case, a Datejust 41. I've tried that (and the Datejust II) on a few times, and never thought "well, that's just too big." Long story longer, found a Basel video (by Time+Tide Watches), took screen caps, and made a video of the transition from one model to the other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC5E34QI2J4

The good news (maybe?) is that it doesn't really seem all that big; dial size about equal and bezel* about the same too. OK, so by bezel I'm referring to Cerachrom vs white gold- the difference appears to be in just the teeth.

Anyway, won't know for sure until I see it in the metal, but am cautiously optimistic that this will not look like a hockey puck strapped to my wrist :)

Alex
alextheseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Alex, don't worry about the size. You can easily go from 36mm to 43mm. If you like it, go for it. now go asap to your AD to put down a deposit for the SkyD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alexwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote