The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 May 2017, 02:03 PM   #1
hotdoug
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DSSD
Deepsea black vs SD 43 50 anniversary

Well... I know some of you already thought about this already... recently I stop by my local AD and ask them if they had SD43 and told me that they will start recieve around JUNE... not sure because I know some of people already getting it. Same time they told me they have DSSD James Cameron version in the vault. Told them no.. because I have black one...that means i have to get rid of my current one ...kind of hard to put extra 4k just for the dial... but it was tempting.. anyway I put my name down for SD43 dealer seems pretty cool about it. So... if get SD43 should I get rid of my deepsea black? Or keep It? I think both watch pretty similar... or forget sd 43 and get something else? What you guys think? Which is better watch???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
hotdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 02:05 PM   #2
DramaTurtle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer
You wear it well. I'd keep it.
Rolex moved to its furthest point of being a tool watch. The new Sea-Dweller and Meteorite GMT seem best suited for raising PGA trophies, and that might be the closest we get to one anyway.
DramaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 02:11 PM   #3
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

I'd keep the Deepsea. For me it's more unique than the Sub XL.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 02:47 PM   #4
116500LN
Banned

Not a fan of the SD43, but I would trade the DS for it if I had one. Personally, I think that Ring Lock System ring looks corny.
116500LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

Keep your DSSD. I tried on the SD50 today and I wasn't impressed.
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 03:00 PM   #6
hotdoug
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmt2 View Post
Keep your DSSD. I tried on the SD50 today and I wasn't impressed.
Wow where did you able to try?? Not long waiting list?

Old 10 May 2017, 03:03 PM   #7
armen34
"TRF" Member

I like your DSSD and it doesn't have a cyclops
armen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 03:06 PM   #8
kboy2379
"TRF" Member

Watch: me long drive
SD50. I tried it on the other day and I was impressed.
kboy2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 03:17 PM   #9
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Technically speaking, DSSD is the king of Rolex diver. D-Blue imo is collectible!
Smarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 03:29 PM   #10
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
KEEP the DSSD...it is James's Orig watch..:)

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 03:33 PM   #11
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

No right answer here.

Seems like you want the blue dial and are tempted by the SD50, but you aren't tired of your DSSD? If so, probably best to just stay put for now.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 04:13 PM   #12
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdoug View Post
SD43 around JUNE..DSSD James Cameron ....name down for SD43....get rid of my deepsea black...forget sd 43..What do you guys think?
May I offer my thoughts Sir ?

Consider this:

●James Cameron's Four Avatar movie sequels are scheduled to be released on the 18th Dec 2020/2021/2024/2025. This will most definately invoke an almost maniacal craze for the JC watches as millions of fans worldwide would now associate the D-Blue with the Blue Indigenous Na'vi people of Pandora... not the gradient dial of the Oceanic Mariana Trench. I know it sounds illogical and silly but when you believe in science fiction movies long enough , they become the gospel truth ! Even Ariel Adams of Ablogtowatch said it was important to understand the meaning behind the colour scheme and design of the dial otherwise it would be lost on future generations

● Strong rumours continue to persist in Hong Kong, Malaysia , Singapore that the beloved D Blue would be discontinued in 2018

● The Red Text SD50 units are expected to have only a 1 year production timeframe then to be replaced with the white text writing ( to be known as SD43 ). I say " STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS RED HOT ! "

● A local Seller has speculated that the premium price of the SD50 in Malaysia the end of 2017 would be in the range of USD14xxx-15xxx. I dont know what to expect anymore but it's certainly a model beyond my reach. He added that the price will continue to rise and skyrocket just before Chinese New Year 2018 when DS50 demand is at its peak !

● The regular version DSSDs are here to stay since they're the flagship of Rolex 's engineering marvel and remains the number 0ne Best Seller in the Deepest Diving Luxury sports watch category. I think Rolex will introduce a new fantastic bracelet for the DSSD next year

Thank You for having me Sir

Last edited by meganfox17; 10 May 2017 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: 9
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 04:29 PM   #13
hotdoug
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
May I offer my thoughts Sir ?

Consider this:

●James Cameron's Four Avatar movie sequels are scheduled to be released on the 18th Dec 2020/2021/2024/2025. This will most definately invoke an almost maniacal craze for the JC watches as millions of fans worldwide would now associate the D-Blue with the Blue Indigenous Na'vi people of Pandora... not the gradient dial of the Oceanic Mariana Trench. I know it sounds illogical and silly but when you believe in science fiction movies long enough , they become the gospel truth ! Even Ariel Adams of Ablogtowatch said it was important to understand the meaning behind the colour scheme and design of the dial otherwise it would be lost on future generations

● Strong rumours continue to persist in Hong Kong, Malaysia , Singapore that the beloved D Blue would be discontinued in 2018

● The Red Text SD50 units are expected to have only a 1 year production timeframe then to be replaced with the white text writing ( to be known as SD43 ). I say " STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS RED HOT ! "

● A local Seller has speculated that the premium price of the SD50 in Malaysia the end of 2017 would be in the range of USD14xxx-15xxx. I dont know what to expect anymore but it's certainly a model beyond my reach. He added that the price will continue to rise and skyrocket just before Chinese New Year 2018 when DS50 demand is at its peak !

● The regular version DSSDs are here to stay since they're the flagship of Rolex 's engineering marvel and remains the number 0ne Best Seller in the Deepest Diving Luxury sports watch category. I think Rolex will introduce a new fantastic bracelet for the DSSD next year

Thank You for having me Sir
Thank you for your though sir

Old 10 May 2017, 09:11 PM   #14
Toivonen
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller Deepsea
SDDS Black = The Best of Rolex Diver's Tool Watches
https://www.facebook.com/bandadellavalvola/
http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=75294392
Toivonen is offline   Reply With Quote