The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 25 June 2017, 05:21 PM   #121
oldsalt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ?????
"So...apart from that one small incident Mrs Lincoln...how did you enjoy the play ?"

thanks guys... haven't laughed this much in days...
Old 25 June 2017, 05:31 PM   #122
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post
In your original post, you stated that you were upset not that she touched your watch, but touched it with an ungloved hand. So upset, that you were about to go to management to complain. That is absolutely ridiculous. You sound like a high maintenance diva that views AD employees lower than yourself.
Yep. The sort that screams "Do you know who I am?" at airport check in when he can't get the business class seat he wants with his economy/coach ticket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2319.JPG (122.3 KB, 337 views)

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 25 June 2017, 06:00 PM   #123
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Riding a Harley Davidson as I do, and being a member of that notorious gang with the initials "H.A." would you just come up to my bike and sit on it.....

So why should it be any different with touching my Casio Sports Watch???
Since I'm a member as well I would!
Old 25 June 2017, 06:05 PM   #124
Leodagan
"TRF" Member

Time to sell the watch or even better drop it in the bin....
Old 25 June 2017, 06:07 PM   #125
Lol-x
Facilitator

I re-badged my bike to go incognito:

vespa-sprint-adventure.jpg

But don't let that be an invitation put your paws on it.......

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 25 June 2017, 06:07 PM   #126
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Between this and the whole DMV thing, the forums have really taken a turn for the worst this week haha...
Old 25 June 2017, 06:10 PM   #127
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I re-badged my bike to go incognito:

But don't let that be an invitation put your paws on it.......
You just wish you had one.
Old 25 June 2017, 06:20 PM   #128
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Wow.. I'm speechless.
Old 25 June 2017, 06:24 PM   #129
meganfox17
Banned

Wow I have posted over 3 K + replies on another watch forum and never have I encountered a unique thread quite like this 0ne
Old 25 June 2017, 06:27 PM   #130
Minimalist
"TRF" Member

I went to the AD a couple weeks ago to try on a Panerai. I took off my AP and put it on the table. The lady dealing with me picked up my AP to have a look at it, while I didn't like this, she put it back gently and life went on and we carried on having a great chat. I'd hate to think what would have happened if this was you lol.
Old 25 June 2017, 06:32 PM   #131
Devlred
"TRF" Member

Watch: BP Fifty Fathoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
I gotta find a new hobby if this is a side affect.
This.
Old 25 June 2017, 06:44 PM   #132
dave023
"TRF" Member

Watch: Classics
Thank you for this thread
Old 25 June 2017, 06:44 PM   #133
rolex aficionado
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16018-16610-116520
Is that you? Sheldon ???
Old 25 June 2017, 07:03 PM   #134
artschool
"TRF" Member

Unwanted touching is called battery. In order to constitute a tort and give rise to a cause of action, there must be some form of nonconsensual contact that is either specifically or generally intentional. Obviously, something violent like connecting on a punch is going to constitute a battery, but contact doesn't have to cause serious physical injury in order to be a battery; offensive conduct such as spitting at someone or damaging one's clothing could constitute a battery, as well.

OP is totally justified in his rage.
Old 25 June 2017, 07:05 PM   #135
Mick P
Banned

Watch: 39mm Explorer
If I was Rolex, I would ban the bugger from all of my shops. You need him as a customer as much as you need a hole in the head.

I would rate this as the most stupid posting I have ever read on TRF.

Regards

Mick
Old 25 June 2017, 07:07 PM   #136
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubins930 View Post
Between this and the whole DMV thing, the forums have really taken a turn for the worst this week haha...
Don't forget the Anchor thread !!

So the OP was absolutely outraged, and nearly went mad, nearly called the manager and nearly made a complaint, but instead they ran home and had a rant from the safety of their keyboard.

Sums it up for me.
Old 25 June 2017, 07:13 PM   #137
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post
Unwanted touching is called battery. In order to constitute a tort and give rise to a cause of action, there must be some form of nonconsensual contact that is either specifically or generally intentional. Obviously, something violent like connecting on a punch is going to constitute a battery, but contact doesn't have to cause serious physical injury in order to be a battery; offensive conduct such as spitting at someone or damaging one's clothing could constitute a battery, as well.

OP's watch doesn't have a battery.

Old 25 June 2017, 07:13 PM   #138
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:

Letter of the law and spirit of the law are two very different things.
Old 25 June 2017, 07:18 PM   #139
SamP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680/8 & '88 16528
I can not believe the forum has dished you like this. After all you were assaulted/molested by this person.
Perhaps you should report her for attempting to steal your watch, or even worse - grooming.
Just the other day a grey haired old lady helped me accross the road, I soon sorted her out. 100 Lashings later she repented and confessed to being a habitually helpful person. She won't make that mistake again.
Enough's enough.
Your goal of an extremely late 1st of April post wasn't that that funny. But neither was my response.
A wise person once asked me, on his fifth birthday, "Daddy am I special?" I said "Yes son, but only to me." He then looked up the word humility, without any prompting.
I trust your dad still loves you, because with this supercilious attitude - not many will endear to you.
A final point, if you have any mental issues that led you to post in this manner, I offer my wholehearted apology and urge to seek medical assistance.
Regards
Old 25 June 2017, 07:20 PM   #140
SamP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
If I was Rolex, I would ban the bugger from all of my shops. You need him as a customer as much as you need a hole in the head.

I would rate this as the most stupid posting I have ever read on TRF.

Regards

Mick
Well said.
Old 25 June 2017, 07:32 PM   #141
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Words fail me so below picture paints a thousand words.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 25 June 2017, 07:37 PM   #142
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
OP's watch doesn't have a battery.
Top-notch!
Old 25 June 2017, 07:42 PM   #143
SamP
"TRF" Member

I was recently at a Rolex do at Wentworth. 10 Rolex aficionados on a round table. I asked the guy opposite me what his twist size was, he didn't know. So I said can I try your watch on. He immediately passed it over to me. I wore it and told him his size. Three other guys passed theirs to me with me asking. The last guy just looked at me, apologised and didn't want to pass his. So I said, nothing to apologise for, I respect your decision and applaude your strength of character for saying no - with everyone watching. He later saw I was wearing my 16528 and said my watch looked very cool. I asked if he knew about it. He didn't, so I told him in 1988 the first gold and steel Dayton's had a white porcelain dial which proved too costly for Rolex to continue with due to the many breakages in production. They are called R serial Porcelain dials and are very scarce. He asked to hold it, the whole table was watching with eager anticipation.
What do you imagine I said to him...
Of course you can. Did he then pass me his... No.
This true encounter is the closest to the OP's story I've ever come across
Regards
Old 25 June 2017, 07:52 PM   #144
Trazor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex aficionado View Post
Is that you? Sheldon ???
Old 25 June 2017, 08:06 PM   #145
tommy91
"TRF" Member

Was she wearing any rings?
Old 25 June 2017, 08:10 PM   #146
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
Bloody hell, I didn't check the forum for a few hours and this thread really takes off

Sure if you guys are fine with it, fair enough but for me personally I would not want a total stranger to just poke my watch like that - what's the reason for it seriously? Of course if you are looking at watches then you would be handling them
Quote:

In the UK, maybe the judge won't laugh you out of court. But everywhere else in the world you would be told to go home and have mommy kiss your boo boo.

I expect a petulant child to cry over insignificant transgressions, but an adult should be able to recognize that some human contact is inherent behavior in society, and not get all worked up about it.

Of course, if you're a sociopath, that would be understandable.

Quote:
If someone came up to your nice shiny waxed car and wiped their McDonald's hamburger hands over the hood, I dare say a punch on the nose would be in order.

So why should it not be any different with your shiny gold (plated) watch
I don't touch people's cars, but I think it would be an absurd over reaction to punch somebody that touched my car. God forbid they bump it with a shopping cart, you'd probably murder them.
Old 25 June 2017, 08:40 PM   #147
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
In the UK, maybe the judge won't laugh you out of court. But everywhere else in the world you would be told to go home and have mommy kiss your boo boo.
an englishmans boo boo is his castle and the legal system of the United Kingdom will protect it up to the hilt.
Old 25 June 2017, 08:45 PM   #148
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
an englishmans boo boo is his castle and the legal system of the United Kingdom will protect it up to the hilt.
I see why your taxes there are so high - every nut with a boo boo gets an all expense paid government expedition into the mundane .
Old 25 June 2017, 08:58 PM   #149
Basque1
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 1973ca
Does anyone smell snow...snow flakes falling?
Old 25 June 2017, 09:00 PM   #150
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
Yesterday I was browsing in a few AD's and boutiques here in HK. Spend around half an hour in an AP boutique looking at the 15400 and dual time, had my obligatory glass of coke.

I went to an AD next with many brands, again looked at more AP's. I had a 15400 in my hands again when suddenly the SA made a reference to my Rolex bluesy I was wearing and then proceeded to touch it with her finger (with no gloves, her other hand had a glove) - she touched the polished gold part as well. I was going to explode at that point - for no reason did she have to touch my watch as well as on the polished part and with no glove on that hand. What do you guys think? I was going to complain but I just carried on looking at other brands for a while. I think on another day I would have gone straight to the manager and complain and have done before with other issues. Do you think this is pretty bad etiquette on her behalf?
OP, I think you're priceless. Please continue to post, how about in the General Discussion forum. I'd love to hear more about your day and life