The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 August 2017, 01:00 PM   #1
rattlestick1
"TRF" Member

Authentic ROO bracelet?

Hi everyone m, I recently bought this preowned new style AP ROO bracelet for 42 on eBay and wanted to authenticate it. One thing that concerned me was the lack of serials on the bracelet. Please see attached pics.
I really appreciate your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rattlestick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 02:18 PM   #2
rattlestick1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlestick1 View Post
Hi everyone m, I recently bought this preowned new style SS AP ROO bracelet for 42 mm models on eBay and wanted to authenticate it. One thing that concerned me was the lack of serials on the bracelet. Please see attached pics.
I really appreciate your input!

rattlestick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

$42?? You missed out some digits?

Photos need some more light.

The edges look cut too rounded, lacking precision.

The 4 screws near the pushers should not be there. Mine's below

Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 05:41 PM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

the new style bracelet has the 4 screws so that isn't an indication of it not being authentic. I can't tell from the pics but the sale price of $42 (if that was not a typo by the OP) indicates its probably not authentic. That is true of the RO clasps, so i assume they changed the ROO too.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 05:44 PM   #5
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachdanon View Post
The 4 screws near the pushers should not be there. Mine's below
AFAIK AP will upgrade your clasp for you if you ever lose a screw as that style clasp did have some issues with the screw on the pusher.
Old 19 August 2017, 06:08 PM   #6
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I assume he may mean for 42mm? Looks of decent quality to me.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 06:11 PM   #7
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I'm not familiar with the new style clasp. Better pics would surely help. I too think he meant Bracelet for the 42mm ROO.
Old 19 August 2017, 07:30 PM   #8
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
AFAIK AP will upgrade your clasp for you if you ever lose a screw as that style clasp did have some issues with the screw on the pusher.

I believe mine with the 4screws in line is the new clasp. It was bought from boutique 2 years or so ago. To answer the OP, I can't find any serial number on the bracelet....
Old 19 August 2017, 08:32 PM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I believe mine with the 4screws in line is the new clasp. It was bought from boutique 2 years or so ago. To answer the OP, I can't find any serial number on the bracelet....
this is the new clasp...for the RO anyway. It replaced the screws on the pusher clasp. Don't see a serial on mine either OP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8210.jpg (114.7 KB, 281 views)
Old 19 August 2017, 09:03 PM   #10
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlestick1 View Post
Hi everyone m, I recently bought this preowned new style AP ROO bracelet for 42 on eBay and wanted to authenticate it. One thing that concerned me was the lack of serials on the bracelet. Please see attached pics.
AP bracelets don’t have serial numbers, but the one you’ve bought looks too much like a non-genuine version.
Without proof of purchase or knowing the seller personally, you’re better off avoiding eBay sales for these sort of items, especially when you don’t know exactly what to look for.
In this instance, presuming you’ve paid more than $300 for it, I’d return it for a full refund.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 09:12 PM   #11
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Tyler's is the newer style with the four screws in a square formation I believe one of the reasons for the update was the screws in the pushers were prone to back out and resulted in the loss of the pusher.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2017, 11:26 PM   #12
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Tyler's is the newer style with the four screws in a square formation I believe one of the reasons for the update was the screws in the pushers were prone to back out and resulted in the loss of the pusher.
Just to get to the bottom of this, could someone post the pushers of your Offshore bracelet please? I suspect the latest RO and ROO bracelets have different pusher screw layouts.

Googling shows mine is the latest for the Offshore. For reference my offshore bracelet part no is BR.1000.003.ST-M.R as stated on the receipt, and it was purchased in June 2014 by the owner. I got mine pre-owned from him. Apparently from the net, the new Offshore bracelet came out in 2013.

I'm also contacting my local boutique to ask.
Old 19 August 2017, 11:33 PM   #13
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Just to get to the bottom of this, could someone post the pushers of your Offshore bracelet please? I suspect the latest RO and ROO bracelets have different pusher screw layouts.

Googling shows mine is the latest for the Offshore. For reference my offshore bracelet part no is BR.1000.003.ST-M.R as stated on the receipt, and it was purchased in June 2014 by the owner. I got mine pre-owned from him. Apparently from the net, the new Offshore bracelet came out in 2013.
Actually my info does come from the 41mm RO but would be odd if one has gone one way on design and the other in the opposite?
Old 19 August 2017, 11:36 PM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually you are more then likely correct when I was looking into it, it was on the RO so as you say the 41mm RO Vs the 42 ROO could be where my confusion and possibly Tyler's comes from.
yes, its the RO... But, the RO and ROO both use to have the old style claps with the screws on the pusher. The RO changed to the new setup because the old style was a design flaw so i just assume the ROO clasp changed too. I don't have a ROO bracelet so i don't know. I was just speculating as that would be the most logical conclusion.

AP does change the old clasp to the new clasp for free of you have an issue with it, some here have had it done. The fact they do that for no charge is an acknowledgment that it is a design issue.
Old 19 August 2017, 11:49 PM   #15
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
yes, its the RO... But, the RO and ROO both use to have the old style claps with the screws on the pusher. The RO changed to the new setup because the old style was a design flaw so i just assume the ROO clasp changed too. I don't have a ROO bracelet so i don't know. I was just speculating as that would be the most logical conclusion.

AP does change the old clasp to the new clasp for free of you have an issue with it, some here have had it done. The fact they do that for no charge is an acknowledgment that it is a design issue.
See my edited post (I was getting confused over the pics)
Old 19 August 2017, 11:53 PM   #16
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
See my edited post (I was getting confused)
saw it

Im confused too. There are actually a few threads on the RO clasp setups but i can't find any on the ROO. Most don't come on a bracelet so there are less of them, but am still genuinely curious as to the current clasp setup.
Old 20 August 2017, 12:25 AM   #17
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

It could be the RO parts are thinner so the screw threads are not long enough on the pusher so they put it on the thicker main stem, but not the case on the ROO. Just my guess.

ROO bracelets I see on Youtube are all like mine (Edit : Correction. Seen a gold one with the screws like on the RO one). This matters because if indeed the 42mm ROO bracelets are as such, the OP could be looking at a fake. Will report back if my boutique rep replies.

By the way the ROO bracelet apparently has 2 versions - older one with a "flip" clasp and then later with the twin pushers which apparently came out in 2012/13
Old 20 August 2017, 01:59 AM   #18
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I don't like the curve, or lack of, on the links and plots. Looks like a fake.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 09:11 AM   #19
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
From what I know the new clasp says Audemars Piguet only without the AP letters. The clasp also has no screws on the triggers either.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 10:41 AM   #20
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Another thread on this.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=423150
Old 25 August 2017, 05:52 PM   #21
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

The boutique representative has clarified with me that the screws on the latest ROO 42mm bracelet is as per my version above (i.e. on pushers). However the letters "AP" have since been removed and the background is no longer that dark a grey.
Old 25 August 2017, 05:54 PM   #22
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The boutique representative has clarified with me that the screws on the latest ROO 42mm bracelet is as per my version above (i.e. on pushers). However the letters "AP" have since been removed and the background is no longer that dark a grey.
good to know, thanks
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)