The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2017, 01:08 AM   #31
lhawli
"TRF" Member

GMT 16710 with Black Dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farley Grudge View Post
I just had my 16710 repaired. I took it in with the Pepsi bezel insert and they called me and stated that Rolex would only sell them a black bezel insert since that is what the watch came with. The watch wasn't bought from the AD that repaired it and I never told them I had added the Pepsi insert so they knew somehow.

I highly respect both padi56 and Tools opinion and their vast knowledge and experience on these forums. They surely are highly respected around here, and for a reason.

I too, have been informed by my AD that RSC can always tell the exact form by which a watch came out of the Rolex factory. Which is why I've always been contemplating whether I should buy a Pepsi and pay the premium or get the LN at lesser price and source the inserts separately. Then again, even a Pepsi may in fact be an LN originally and has been swapped out to be sold at a premium being claimed as a Pepsi!

When come service time, I guess it's hit or miss if you send it in with the wrong insert - but then again, how hard is it to source one if you lose, say, the Coke insert - not very :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 01:16 AM   #32
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
GMT 16710 with Black Dial

I changed the bezel insert on my 16710 and it's not hard at all. The bezel pops off by gently prying it up from the bottom. The insert then pops out with pressure applied with your thumbs. A new insert goes on the bezel with thumb pressure and the whole assembly pops back on the watch with hand pressure. I'm a complete armature at this and it took me maybe 10 minutes.

I replaced a slightly faded Pepsi bezel insert with a new Pepsi insert. The only tricky part is the spring that makes the bezel click when you turn it. It's simple but takes a delicate touch. If you decide to try this switch yourself I can advise you. If I can do it then you can do it. I'm the litmus test. :)
Old 21 August 2017, 01:34 AM   #33
Farley Grudge
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
I highly respect both padi56 and Tools opinion and their vast knowledge and experience on these forums. They surely are highly respected around here, and for a reason.

I too, have been informed by my AD that RSC can always tell the exact form by which a watch came out of the Rolex factory. Which is why I've always been contemplating whether I should buy a Pepsi and pay the premium or get the LN at lesser price and source the inserts separately. Then again, even a Pepsi may in fact be an LN originally and has been swapped out to be sold at a premium being claimed as a Pepsi!

When come service time, I guess it's hit or miss if you send it in with the wrong insert - but then again, how hard is it to source one if you lose, say, the Coke insert - not very :).

Oh yes, they've got more knowledge about Rolex in their pinky fingers then I ever will! I bought a black bezel GMT and found the other two inserts here on the forum. I had to get them from overseas though as Rolex USA seems to make sourcing a different color insert very difficult.

I wasn't questioning padi or Tools, just stating what my experience was.
Farley Grudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 01:47 AM   #34
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Oops sorry lhawli, my response Post #26 was in answer to the OP and my intent was to quote his original questions. Musta been drinking.

Quote:
mmbiker
I think i hit a nerve asking the question....
I doubt it, so don't worry. Your question(s) re the 16710 are common ones.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 03:02 AM   #35
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Oops sorry lhawli, my response Post #26 was in answer to the OP and my intent was to quote his original questions. Musta been drinking.

Just don't do it again! Haha, dude no worries - it was apparent from your post

Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote