The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 March 2018, 03:25 AM   #1
Zippy+
"TRF" Member

Watch insurance uk

Can anybody recommend an insurance company in the uk that will do a single item , nautilus , thankyou
Zippy+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 03:33 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

TH March, but its more expensive than adding it to a home owners policy. I like having my watches on a separate policy.

Be aware of some of the ridiculous restrictions when shopping around. Read the fine print. The UK insurance companies are notorious for exclusions ... has to be in a safe or on your wrist or no cover is a big one. Also, any people you let into your house and there is a loss no cover (maids, builders, nanny etc).
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 03:41 AM   #3
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
As above also be aware some policy are void if you have watches over there limit, so you can’t have your house contents insured with them and have separate insurance for your watch with the like is TH March.

Hiscox seem popular for contents plus watch’s but I prefer Lark over them.
https://www.larkinsurance.co.uk/products/household

To add like Tyler has stated most of the mass Uk insurance companies have loads of stipulations but with the like of Lark and to a degree Hiscox you can tailor your cover.

Such as I could of had one or two watches insured out of the safe at anyone time, and I could have the cover as ‘on my wirst or in the safe’ or ‘one out of the safe and rest in the safe’ ‘two out of the safe and rest in the safe’ etc
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 03:50 AM   #4
Murcielagoboy2
"TRF" Member

When you look at Hiscox "warranties" or restrictions, then their cover doesn't look so good. I wanted to be able to wear my PP's anywhere at anytime and if I got drunk one night and didn't put them immediately into a safe I wanted to make sure that I was still covered.
ZurichPC do an expensive but full-coverage home contents policy which means you really don't need to worry. I hate paying them every year but I don't worry about wearing my watch in literally any circumstances.
Murcielagoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 04:31 AM   #5
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielagoboy2 View Post
When you look at Hiscox "warranties" or restrictions, then their cover doesn't look so good. I wanted to be able to wear my PP's anywhere at anytime and if I got drunk one night and didn't put them immediately into a safe I wanted to make sure that I was still covered.
ZurichPC do an expensive but full-coverage home contents policy which means you really don't need to worry. I hate paying them every year but I don't worry about wearing my watch in literally any circumstances.
I’ve found similar with Hiscox, they used to be more able to bespoke or tailor tye cover you require its now not so flexible and a few ‘computer says no’ issues!

Know I’ve already said it but honestly on next renewal try Lark as they have been great for me.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 04:33 AM   #6
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Not heard of Lark before, will check out.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:11 AM   #7
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Definitely go with adding to your household.
You should pay less than 1% of insured value per annum. Clause that insurance is only valid whilst on wrist or in safe will apply to high value items (over £100k).
Finally consider insuring for market replacement value - for example a 5711/1A won’t be readily available at new price but if getting a replacement in a reasonable time frame is important you can insure for BNIB grey market price.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:15 AM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Definitely go with adding to your household.
You should pay less than 1% of insured value per annum. Clause that insurance is only valid whilst on wrist or in safe will apply to high value items (over £100k).
Finally consider insuring for market replacement value - for example a 5711/1A won’t be readily available at new price but if getting a replacement in a reasonable time frame is important you can insure for BNIB grey market price.
for some its 10k for single watch and its the safe clause, or if you have multiple watches then the safe clause is added. Pretty much why i moved mine to a US based policy that covers me in the UK. Plus its cheaper
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:46 AM   #9
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
for some its 10k for single watch and its the safe clause, or if you have multiple watches then the safe clause is added. Pretty much why i moved mine to a US based policy that covers me in the UK. Plus its cheaper
I guess that’s where a broker earns their margin. Less than 1% of value from the US company?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:53 AM   #10
Zippy+
"TRF" Member

Thankyou to everyone
Zippy+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 06:03 AM   #11
OP15
"TRF" Member

I like having a separate policy from my homeowner’s coverage. I insure mine through Lloyd’s of London.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 09:09 AM   #12
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
I was with Hiscox, but when I got my 5980 they cancelled my cover. Currently with Direct Line. Getting decent cover at a reasonable cost is a bit of a barrier to building a Patek collection in my experience.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote