The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 18 July 2019, 03:49 AM   #31
05carbondrz
Banned

I have no problem buying through EBay,I have got a couple Gems for great Prices because everyone else was too scared.Just remember,PayPal protection heavily favors the BUYER.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 06:10 AM   #32
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Don't
Old 18 July 2019, 12:57 PM   #33
3PS
"TRF" Member

With the great buyer protection from Paypal is more than safe to buy from Ebay. Had issue once, opened claim true Paypal and got my $ back in 14 days.
3PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2019, 02:22 AM   #34
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
You can say the same about the forum. Scammers everywhere. Fellow here got scammed by a solid, reputable member just recently. The account got hacked and one of the fellows on the forum lost 18k.
well that is unfortunate but it doesn't reduce the probability of getting robbed on ebay.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2019, 03:55 AM   #35
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

Watch: '66 Submariner
I would say your ok on ebay, but personally I would only buy on there from a seller who also has a reputation on here or WUS. There are a few out there, good luck. ;)
westsiderkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 05:48 AM   #36
ScriptusEro
"TRF" Member

I don't see an issue with purchasing a watch on eBay.

One recommendation is to simply stick to purchasing from sellers with a large amount of positive seller feedback. There are many reputable dealers on eBay with outstanding feedback.

Nevertheless, eBay has a 30 day period where, if an item arrives not as described, you can return it. Even if the seller "does not accept returns" you can always return whatever you receive.

You can always purchase a watch on eBay and have it checked locally by an AD or trusted watch dealer.
ScriptusEro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:32 AM   #37
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
If you purchase on eBay and the seller says no returns in the listing, the buyers must open a case to return the watch. In the case notes the buyer must show that the listing was misleading in some way. eBay works on arbitration and common sense. There is no 100% guarantee of retuning a watch just because you changed your mind. Top rated Sellers generally work with buyers regardless.

Most top rated Sellers know the rules and are very clear with their listings. However, there’s nothing like seeing the watch before you purchase.

Personally, I would not purchase a Rolex over $5K eBay unless the Seller has a return policy. You really can’t see the details of a used Rolex in 12 photos.
seabreeze60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:51 AM   #38
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
Yes, always pay with credit card if possible. I pay through PayPal with my credit card. That if PayPal takes the side of a potential scammer I can call my cc company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely!!!!!! I don’t get all this negative stuff about EBay and even worse “buy the seller” montra. Yes it is important to research seller, get as much evidence they have the timepiece with pic etc. BUT in my opinion and experience the most important thing is to use PayPal & AMX for payment. Even a great seller can make a mistake or not agree with your assessment. If I have protected my seller I can for sure get a refund. If I have sent a wire ( heaven forbid) I am entirely at the seller’s mercy - in sort protect yourself even having “ “bought the seller” already. james in San Antonio, Tx . :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:13 AM   #39
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze60 View Post
If you purchase on eBay and the seller says no returns in the listing, the buyers must open a case to return the watch. In the case notes the buyer must show that the listing was misleading in some way. eBay works on arbitration and common sense. There is no 100% guarantee of retuning a watch just because you changed your mind. Top rated Sellers generally work with buyers regardless.

Most top rated Sellers know the rules and are very clear with their listings. However, there’s nothing like seeing the watch before you purchase.

Personally, I would not purchase a Rolex over $5K eBay unless the Seller has a return policy. You really can’t see the details of a used Rolex in 12 photos.
You can write “NO RETURNS” all You want,When I file a SNAD claim...I will get my Money back.I’ve been on both sides many Times.These Jokers are smart enough to make up a reason for return,Not “I changed my mind” LOL
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 07:39 AM   #40
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
Any thoughts or suggestions if buying on eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
You can write “NO RETURNS” all You want,When I file a SNAD claim...I will get my Money back.I’ve been on both sides many Times.These Jokers are smart enough to make up a reason for return,Not “I changed my mind” LOL

You are absolutely correct! I even admit that in my listings that I’ll work with the buyer if they are not pleased with the purchase. I also refer them to the eBay guarantee. The ‘No Return’ notice just is a screener that hopefully eliminates some goofy people.

So far I’ve been 100% successful with my trades and have a 100% buyer/seller rating. The watches I sell are immaculate and priced below market. Since I’ve only bought and sold personal usage Rolexes and Omegas my volume is small. If I can’t sell successfully on eBay then I go to a TRF TS. In fact I just traded with a TRF TS 2 Rolex PMs worth under $5K each for a mint Submariner 14060M 4 liner. Really pleased with that trade.

Thanks for your response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seabreeze60 is offline   Reply With Quote