The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 July 2019, 04:05 AM   #1
madgpol
"TRF" Member

Online Boutique Appointments

Anyone actually been able to successfully book an appointment online through the AP website?
I've recently started looking at AP with a view of acquiring one for my 50th. Having done some research I noticed it was possible to book appointments online with certain boutiques. As I live in the UK London was.one that offered such service.
Having gone through the process of selecting a few pieces I would be interested in it basically fails. I guess it is because of the models I was interested in. ROC and 15500 aren't available?
Having been a collector of Rolex.for many years and now being ignored by an AD that I had supported for years I thought I'd give my money to AP.
Looks like this problem is spreading to other brands now.
madgpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 04:51 AM   #2
mbalmz
2024 Pledge Member

yup, not just a rolex problem--AP and PP (at least as pertains to anything stainless steel) as well.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 05:08 AM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Best to contact Brooks Mews, altho they are moving next month/Sep, and they may be able to show you some pieces there, as like with Rolex the popular pieces are hard to find in ADs now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 06:22 AM   #4
madgpol
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the responses both on the forum and also via pm. I think I need to pick up the phone and see if I can make an appointment. Sounds like even getting on a waiting list might be a struggle
madgpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 07:11 AM   #5
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

I am facing same issue here. Contacted AP and complained about boutiques ignoring my requests for appointment, fairly quickly tho received an email from AP stating that they have forwarded my information to a boutique and they will be in contact with me. However, since then I have not heard from them. Patiently waiting.
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 10:27 AM   #6
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I guess an appointment to look at an empty display case isn’t first priority for them.
Old 17 July 2019, 10:44 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgpol View Post
Anyone actually been able to successfully book an appointment online through the AP website?
I've recently started looking at AP with a view of acquiring one for my 50th. Having done some research I noticed it was possible to book appointments online with certain boutiques. As I live in the UK London was.one that offered such service.
Having gone through the process of selecting a few pieces I would be interested in it basically fails. I guess it is because of the models I was interested in. ROC and 15500 aren't available?
Having been a collector of Rolex.for many years and now being ignored by an AD that I had supported for years I thought I'd give my money to AP.
Looks like this problem is spreading to other brands now.
nope. some like it though as its "exclusive" or whatever but for me its a turnoff. You cant go and browse as easily and it seems more like a book an appointment to buy. Its not how i buy watches. And im no tire kicker either. I just like to pop in to my AD whenever and chat.

maybe once you are already established you can pop in to look but to me the bar seems very high for someone like yourself getting into the brand. Its like you need to already know what you want, and have it available and then go in to buy it and then see other stuff while you are there.

The UK "boutique" is appointment only. Maybe boutiques elsewhere with physical stores are more open feeling so it is different in Paris for example. Stock level is the same everywhere. I would go to the boutique in Paris though for example if i wanted to try on a code. I would not book an appointment at the UK boutique because i would feel like i need to be really serious about buying it first. Who knows though, I may love it and buy it. Never know until you try it, but that is harder with appointments IMO
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 10:17 PM   #8
GS93108
"TRF" Member

AP in Brooks Mews are moving to a new head office later in the year where this will be fully customer friendly, by appointment though. In the mean time, there is boutique in Harrods or now also just opened last week in Sloane St.
AP are a really decent and friendly bunch, don't be put off by trying to manage your experience through the web site. Call them or visit them in Sloane St. or Harrods. That said though, they can only show you what they have. Good luck.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 10:29 PM   #9
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Duplicate of prior post, so deleted.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote