The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 7 August 2021, 11:38 PM   #31
k8wt
"TRF" Member

So I was thinking, what should I do in the event of them not responding or not offering to follow up on my wishes for a replacement.

Better images below in better light.

k8wt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 12:37 AM   #32
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Don't you have 14 days to return the item?
Im sure you have 14 days
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 12:46 AM   #33
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
Wow that's some pretty shitty customer service from a Patek boutique I assume in the UK. I would 100% return the watch for a full refund and move on your spending way to much money to be unhappy. I would talk to the boutique manager or talk directly to Patek about the matter. Both of my sport model Pateks were in flawless condition from my USA AD with zero signs of wear and tear at all. I personally would not accept any damaged timepiece period.
Right on! Get heavy.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 12:59 AM   #34
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8wt View Post
I honestly thought that would not be necessary. It wasn't as if i was buying an item from eBay.

After trying to call them I could not reach a manager (none in today!) and the sales rep. I was dealing with was on a day off.

I have since emailed the rep. asking for them to send a courier to collect my the watch for return and send a replacement (chances that none are available).

Let's see what happens.
Yes, you most definitely need to speak with the manager and respectfully make a huge stink of all of this.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 01:08 AM   #35
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I was thinking, what should I do in the event of them not responding or not offering to follow up on my wishes for a replacement.
If all efforts to work with them fail then I would probably sell the watch. If you're anything like me then this would drive me absolutely mad.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 01:12 AM   #36
JodyHighroller
Banned

I would return. Don’t accept a polish especially on a brand new timepiece you haven’t worn.

These are readily available from any Patek AD so don’t be afraid to walk away and buy elsewhere. It’s a great reference to start a purchase history so you want to make sure it’s at an AD where things are reciprocated. Keep us posted!
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 01:22 AM   #37
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Agree with others that it’s unacceptable. Another possibility is it came from Patek with scratches (but this wouldn’t explain worn strap). A couple of years ago, I turned down a 5712r that was opened in front of me. It had uneven polishing on one of the lugs that was only visible at certain angles.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 01:51 AM   #38
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
OP you redacted the AD name with 8 X’s, if the 8 X signifies 8 letters and the name begins with a P, a very good friend of mine had disgusting service from this AD on a Patek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 01:54 AM   #39
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
OP you redacted the AD name with 8 X’s, if the 8 X signifies 8 letters and the name begins with a P, a very good friend of mine had disgusting service from this AD on a Patek.

Disgusting service? What happened?
Old 8 August 2021, 02:12 AM   #40
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Incoming - First Patek

Quote:
Disgusting service? What happened?
It’s not my story to tell and my friend is also a member here. However the AD I’m referring to were professional up to the point that my friend transferred the money for a new Patek and once they received the money they started to behave in a dishonourable way and certainly not in a way that you would expect from a Patek dealer.

Old 8 August 2021, 02:26 AM   #41
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s not my story to tell and my friend is also a member here. However the AD I’m referring to were professional up to the point that my friend transferred the money for a new Patek and once they received the money they started to behave in a dishonourable way and certainly not in a way that you would expect from a Patek dealer.

Sounds like a dodgy car dealer with a sheep skin coat and flat cap on
Old 8 August 2021, 02:38 AM   #42
k8wt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Im sure you have 14 days
Will try and go down this route, but as suggested in your PM, if they try and pin the damage on me that's a different matter. Haven't given that too much consideration yet but sure hope it doesn't go that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
Yes, you most definitely need to speak with the manager and respectfully make a huge stink of all of this.
They haven't contacted me yet. However, it is a Saturday and they are likely to be too busy or trying to get hold of another piece which might need to wait until Monday....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
If all efforts to work with them fail then I would probably sell the watch. If you're anything like me then this would drive me absolutely mad.
This is madness, I didn't buy a watch in order to sell it, let alone sell it unworn (by me) with inherited scratches and a creased up strap. How do I explain that to any interested party - sorry it turned up looking like crap from an AD now I'm trying to pass it on because the dealer doesn't want to know

It is supposed to be a brand new Patek (my first one) - hand crafted and finished by some folk in Geneva for over 9 months! I'm simply not having it like this. The more I think of it the more angry I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I would return. Don’t accept a polish especially on a brand new timepiece you haven’t worn.

These are readily available from any Patek AD so don’t be afraid to walk away and buy elsewhere. It’s a great reference to start a purchase history so you want to make sure it’s at an AD where things are reciprocated. Keep us posted!
My thoughts exactly. The way they suggested "let our technicians look at in advise when you bring it in...." suggests they'll give it a good go on the polishing wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Agree with others that it’s unacceptable. Another possibility is it came from Patek with scratches (but this wouldn’t explain worn strap). A couple of years ago, I turned down a 5712r that was opened in front of me. It had uneven polishing on one of the lugs that was only visible at certain angles.
I must be so unlucky to get a fresh piece like this from them, even so - two "senior members of staff" inspected It before dispatch from the AD

Those marks on the side of the case looks like its been brushing up on something or rested on the case side. No ideas for the mark on the case back though. Potentially it may not have been wrapped in the window but scratched whilst putting it on, or taking it off the window display holder.

Quote:

I put no thought into the number of X's. Please don't read into that. I don't wish to reveal who the AD is.

If worst comes to worst, will Patek HQ be interested and would they help?
Old 8 August 2021, 03:13 AM   #43
Dr Process
"TRF" Member

Watch: your hands
Oh, hell no. Return it, brother.
Dr Process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 08:39 AM   #44
Martin
Banned

Watch: 116610LN, 216570
As much as you want to stay cool headed, this is not acceptable
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 12:48 PM   #45
Everbillz
Banned

Congratulations
Everbillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 07:33 PM   #46
Gekota
"TRF" Member

Watch: u wearin'?
You should contact the AD and forward them some of the photos, while some micro-scratches are inevitable, those are not micro in any shape or form. I believe they owe you an explanation and a replacement watch.

Were these pictures taken straight out of the packaging upon receiving the mail? If these photos were taken straight out of the packaging with time stamps, I believe Patek Geneva in Switzerland will have something to say about it.

If this was truly the same said watch that was brand new, packed up securely and inspected pre-sales, shipped safely over, there is no way on god's green earth that it would have such surface wear on it.

In the event of them not replying or giving you a satisfactory response, I believe you will have some recourse contacting Patek Geneva with the photos and time stamps.
Old 8 August 2021, 08:34 PM   #47
k8wt
"TRF" Member

Yes, straight out of the box on the same evening as arrival. The scratches were obvious straightaway and has not been tried on in the household. I tried the same piece on in the Patek Salon and none of the worn pin holes on the strap would correlate with where I would fasten it.

I forwarded the images in the OP to the AD and have yet to receive a response since Friday. They have not received the latest photos with videos. The photos were taken from an iPhone.

There is no doubt it arrived safely, however, that's besides the point regarding scratches. I cannot see how myself, as a buyer have any reason to lie about the damage on arrival and spending my free time discussing it on a forum whilst not being able to wear it in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekota View Post
You should contact the AD and forward them some of the photos, while some micro-scratches are inevitable, those are not micro in any shape or form. I believe they owe you an explanation and a replacement watch.

Were these pictures taken straight out of the packaging upon receiving the mail? If these photos were taken straight out of the packaging with time stamps, I believe Patek Geneva in Switzerland will have something to say about it.

If this was truly the same said watch that was brand new, packed up securely and inspected pre-sales, shipped safely over, there is no way on god's green earth that it would have such surface wear on it.

In the event of them not replying or giving you a satisfactory response, I believe you will have some recourse contacting Patek Geneva with the photos and time stamps.
Old 8 August 2021, 08:41 PM   #48
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
When dealing with the AD you might as well tell them this is now all on this forum, give them the link, and all eyes are watching how they handle this.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 08:48 PM   #49
k8wt
"TRF" Member

Whether it results in a good or bad outcome, the AD might sue me for defamation

I came here for some experienced advise, or to ascertain whether I am blowing this out of proportion.

I have been registered since 2012 with less than 50 posts, so I'm hardly fabricating a newly received Patek with damage for fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
When dealing with the AD you might as well tell them this is now all on this forum, give them the link, and all eyes are watching how they handle this.
Old 8 August 2021, 08:54 PM   #50
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whether it results in a good or bad outcome, the AD might sue me for defamation

I came here for some experienced advise, or to ascertain whether I am blowing this out of proportion.

I have been registered since 2012 with less than 50 posts, so I'm hardly fabricating a newly received Patek with damage for fun!

You haven’t defamed them as you’ve specifically kept their name from the forum and also stressed that you don’t wish to name them.

Old 8 August 2021, 10:04 PM   #51
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am sorry that this happened. Consumer protection laws are very specific and my understanding is that the UK is very good with this. Stop dancing with the AD and tell them that you want a refund unless they have another new watch to present you or another model that you want. No polishing a new watch. Get your money back and go find a watch that you want that meets your specifications.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 10:29 PM   #52
emtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I am sorry that this happened. Consumer protection laws are very specific and my understanding is that the UK is very good with this. Stop dancing with the AD and tell them that you want a refund unless they have another new watch to present you or another model that you want. No polishing a new watch. Get your money back and go find a watch that you want that meets your specifications.
This. As you didn’t purchase the watch in person you have 14 days to return it. Their response to your email was disappointing to say the least. If they try and claim you damaged the watch then they need to prove those scratches were not present when they shipped it which of course the can’t do.

If it were me I think I would be so jaded with what’s happened I could not keep the watch or maintain a relationship with this AD. I’d be pissed off every time I looked at it which isn’t exactly what you want with a new Patek.

Return. Refund. New AD.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 11:08 PM   #53
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
I would contact the corporate office of Patek in the UK and explain the situation immediately. Worst case call your credit card company and cancel payment and plead your case to them before its to late stating you want a refund for a damaged item they won't take back. If the boutique hasn't reached out to you by now for some kind of resolution that's a very bad sign.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 11:19 PM   #54
Gekota
"TRF" Member

Watch: u wearin'?
Quote:
Yes, straight out of the box on the same evening as arrival. The scratches were obvious straightaway and has not been tried on in the household. I tried the same piece on in the Patek Salon and none of the worn pin holes on the strap would correlate with where I would fasten it.

I forwarded the images in the OP to the AD and have yet to receive a response since Friday. They have not received the latest photos with videos. The photos were taken from an iPhone.

There is no doubt it arrived safely, however, that's besides the point regarding scratches. I cannot see how myself, as a buyer have any reason to lie about the damage on arrival and spending my free time discussing it on a forum whilst not being able to wear it in the process.
I think that should the Patek AD which you have been dealing with have any sort of decent customer after-sales service in place, after presenting your side of the evidence, they would be contacting you promptly after their internal investigation with an apology and a brand new replacement watch or a complete refund should you wish for it.

In the worst case scenario, you would have consumer protection, CC dispute (if you paid via CC) and a feedback to Patek Geneva as multiple fallbacks. All the best on how this turns out!
Old 8 August 2021, 11:26 PM   #55
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post

I agree.
Anything else is foolish, OP.
And I would call the AD and speak with manager, not rely on email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 11:40 PM   #56
ragsk
Banned

Wow. This is simply not acceptable. Terrible service and that reply is shocking.

This is not the Patek boutique in London nor the AD that I buy most of my watches from. They are much much better than this.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2021, 12:57 AM   #57
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Unacceptable as shown esp from a ad I would ask for a new one or a refund period

Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2021, 12:57 AM   #58
k8wt
"TRF" Member

Guys, I had to follow up with emails as I could not get through to the sales rep or manager by phone. In any case, they had to see the issue in question via photos.

If I don't receive a response on Monday morning then I will have to call again.
Old 9 August 2021, 06:52 AM   #59
svevern
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP - 5726
Im sorry you have to go through this. PP is something special and I really hope the AD makes things right. *fingers crossed*
svevern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2021, 10:35 AM   #60
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
So sorry this happened to you. I would not accept the watch in such a condition even at half off. Nothing less than perfect.

I do believe (at least hope) that a bonafide, professional AD would have two people inspect the watch together before shipping. Nonetheless I do not like their response.

A pardner of mine purchased a watch around 100K (which by some of the standards here not earth shattering). The watch was delivered to him by armored transport and the delivery champ had to watch my buddy open the package and accept the watch after checking it.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote