The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 May 2023, 01:38 AM   #1
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I was told by someone that even the rose gold edition is also sold out? But when I contacted Simon Brett, he never confirmed if it is all sold out or it is still available. It seems like the dial color choice is still not decided yet.
That’s the info that was in the email I just got but it’s very possible it’s wrong. Maybe they are putting down other names just in case people change their minds. I was shocked anything was possibly still available. Then again I haven’t been promised anything. My guess is that I won’t be offered an allocation. I was way too late when reaching out to them.

Last edited by FrugalGreubel; 16 May 2023 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: Formatting
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 04:33 AM   #2
chet1022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
That’s the info that was in the email I just got but it’s very possible it’s wrong. Maybe they are putting down other names just in case people change their minds. I was shocked anything was possibly still available. Then again I haven’t been promised anything. My guess is that I won’t be offered an allocation. I was way too late when reaching out to them.
Sounds like you being put on a waiting list
chet1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 08:15 AM   #3
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey just wanted to provide another update. I just got another email saying all the titanium pieces are sold out and they are now focusing on the red gold edition. This has a planned launch for the end of 2025. I’m not the biggest red gold fan but I said I’m still interested because I think the value proposition for this watch is insane. Anyway it doesn’t mean I’ll be allocated one but we will see.
Got the same email. I'm not a huge fan of red gold. Expressed interest for either platinum steel or titanium for future pieces.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 10:47 AM   #4
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
After all the 12 Chronomètre Artisans Subscription watches are delivered, Simon will be launching the Chronomètre Artisans Titane in Winter 2023. This series will be limited to 100 pieces and the production is 12 per year. The case is in titanium but I think the dial will be different every year based on my understanding.

Any lucky would-be owners who have received an allocation?
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 11:55 AM   #5
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
After all the 12 Chronomètre Artisans Subscription watches are delivered, Simon will be launching the Chronomètre Artisans Titane in Winter 2023. This series will be limited to 100 pieces and the production is 12 per year. The case is in titanium but I think the dial will be different every year based on my understanding.

The last communication I received from them was back in May was the following:

Thank you so much for filling our online form,

Your show of support means a lot to us, and we want to provide you with an update regarding our allocation process.

The titanium edition pieces are no longer available, we are now working on the following edition which will feature a red gold case. The launch is planned for end of 2025.

If you are interested in purchasing the red gold edition, we kindly ask you to reply to this email and let us know.

We will then keep you informed with any relevant information regarding this edition.

Thank you again for your understanding and for your interest in our brand. We look forward to hearing from you.

I immediately responded that I was interested but never got another response. I was too late in expressing my initial interest so I’m doubtful I’ll be officially offered one. I’m not really a red gold fan but I think it was would be worth the gamble for this one.

Last edited by FrugalGreubel; 19 September 2023 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 19 September 2023, 12:05 PM   #6
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I immediately responded that I was interested but never got another response. I was too late in expressing my initial interest so I’m doubtful I’ll be officially offered one. I’m not really a red gold fan but I think it was would be worth the gamble for this one.
I was informed the 100-pc titanium have all been allocated to customers.

Just a guess - maybe the rose gold will be launched in 2025 while the titanium is still in production? It's either that or the RG will only come after the 100-pc titanium series are delivered to customers.
Old 19 September 2023, 12:07 PM   #7
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I was informed the 100-pc titanium have all been allocated to customers.

Just a guess - maybe the rose gold will be launched in 2025 while the titanium is still in production? It's either that or the RG will only come after the 100-pc titanium series are delivered to customers.
Yea that probably makes more sense.
Old 19 September 2023, 03:22 PM   #8
brandnew2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have the subscription edition! Incredibly happy with it - definitely a labor of love by all involved and it shows.
brandnew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 04:10 PM   #9
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew2 View Post
I have the subscription edition! Incredibly happy with it - definitely a labor of love by all involved and it shows.
Pics?

What's your experience and comments on Simon's workshop when you collect your Chronomètre Artisans?
Old 2 October 2023, 01:47 PM   #10
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Big congratulations and thanks for the pics! Being part of the first 12 makes this even sweeter
Old 2 October 2023, 04:28 PM   #11
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Would love to see pictures as well (only if possible of course...). Congrats!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 09:12 PM   #12
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Below pic is from another collector @aserialcollector

Sharing this pic because it is very well taken and it shows the high level of finishing of the Chronomètre Artisans. The spokes of all 3 wheels have individual stepped-down anglage and the curves of the centre have rounded anglage, with all the connectors constituting inward angles.

Compare this to those wheels in most industrial finished watches that look 2D.

There are inward angles in the keyless works and along the bridges. The golden dial is so unique which allows light to deflect at different and random angles. The steel components are black finished. The concave screw heads are also mirror polished. This watch is so beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 362621300_6435057049881283_7200281311444009927_n.jpg (225.4 KB, 254 views)
Old 2 October 2023, 09:36 PM   #13
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Below pic is from another collector @aserialcollector

Sharing this pic because it is very well taken and it shows the high level of finishing of the Chronomètre Artisans. The spokes of all 3 wheels have individual stepped-down anglage and the curves of the centre have rounded anglage, with all the connectors constituting inward angles.

Compare this to those wheels in most industrial finished watches that look 2D.

There are inward angles in the keyless works and along the bridges. The golden dial is so unique which allows light to deflect at different and random angles. The steel components are black finished. The concave screw heads are also mirror polished. This watch is so beautiful.
Thank you very much for sharing and explaining with your wealth of knowledge, Michael. Impressive!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 11:35 AM   #14
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Incredibly artistic.

But is this elegant balance going to maintain accuracy with just the two mountings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 01:31 PM   #15
rapide66
"TRF" Member

I just got a chance to view the chronometer subscription version in person and was deeply impressed with the intricate gold dial, movement and perfect size. Congrats to all who were allocated them, as I have no doubt these will skyrocket in prices.

It was displayed next to other high horology/complication pieces incl. Jacob & Co. & independents and instantly set itself apart especially given the size and somewhat discretion.
Old 2 October 2023, 01:34 PM   #16
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapide66 View Post
I just got a chance to view the chronometer subscription version in person and was deeply impressed with the intricate gold dial, movement and perfect size. Congrats to all who were allocated them, as I have no doubt these will skyrocket in prices.

It was displayed next to other high horology/complication pieces incl. Jacob & Co. & independents and instantly set itself apart especially given the size and somewhat discretion.

The Jacob and Cie is set apart in a good way or bad way
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 03:23 PM   #17
rapide66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Jacob and Cie is set apart in a good way or bad way
Haha my tastes tend towards more conservative & smaller 38-40mm watches so I find it difficult to appreciate 44mm+ sizes even if they contain high complications let alone designs that are a bit too avant-garde.

Based on interviews, it seems that Simon Brette himself helped design some of the larger MB&F watches but preferred ~39mm sizes for his own brand.
Old 23 December 2023, 05:45 PM   #18
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

How much is retail again?
ChetBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 02:11 AM   #19
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
How much is retail again?
Based on the recent interview with Swiss Watch Gang, the retail of the titanium is CHF 65,000.
Old 24 December 2023, 02:43 AM   #20
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Based on the recent interview with Swiss Watch Gang, the retail of the titanium is CHF 65,000.
From the IG post, it said first 12 are sold out but future editions are available. What does it mean?
Old 24 December 2023, 02:53 AM   #21
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
From the IG post, it said first 12 are sold out but future editions are available. What does it mean?
Only 12 titanium pieces are released each year until the total number reaches 99 (could stop before 99). In 2024 or 2025, a rose gold series will be launched and that will also be sold concurrently with the titanium. The rose gold will be 12 annually too (hence 12 RG + 12 Ti annually).

The titanium are all sold out.
Old 24 December 2023, 04:05 AM   #22
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That’s a lot of money, but reasonable looking at the competition
ChetBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 07:28 PM   #23
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Just a beautiful and lovely piece of horology. It is perfect in every way. This Vol 2 with the now famous « Tiger Claw » engraving by the super talented Yasmina Anti is just spectacular. A big congratulations to Simon’s team and all the amazing artisans.
rockdrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 07:58 PM   #24
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Congratulations my friend! saw a video where Simon uses a blue strap and it looks great. Love it.
Old 24 December 2023, 09:25 PM   #25
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

I appreciate it. I am stunned how beautiful is the watch. BTW, the case design which does not get as much attention is also remarkable. It wears fantastic.

There is a lot of conversation on how to get on the list. There are several great vids on Simon where he talks about what is coming and the different variants. On the topic of allocations: If I had to provide any tips on that, I would spent time with Simon in Geneva and grab a coffee. Check the watch, try it on, and confirm your interest if you still love it. That makes a big BIG difference.

I’ll post more pics later. : ) Merry Christmas.
rockdrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 04:30 AM   #26
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
I appreciate it. I am stunned how beautiful is the watch. BTW, the case design which does not get as much attention is also remarkable. It wears fantastic.

There is a lot of conversation on how to get on the list. There are several great vids on Simon where he talks about what is coming and the different variants. On the topic of allocations: If I had to provide any tips on that, I would spent time with Simon in Geneva and grab a coffee. Check the watch, try it on, and confirm your interest if you still love it. That makes a big BIG difference.

I’ll post more pics later. : ) Merry Christmas.
Are you aware of any other variants besides the red gold? I expressed my interest in that one because the steel and titanitum options were already gone. Just curious if there’s other plans for other materials that haven’t been hinted at publicly.

I wish I could go to Geneva and grab a cup of coffee with him but that’s definitely not a possibility for me :(

Cant wait to see more of your pics. I can’t get enough of them. It’s such a gorgeous watch.
Old 3 February 2024, 09:41 AM   #27
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s very good news. I think he mentioned that there may be a total of 99 pieces but probably a lot less. And only 12 pieces per year?
Please see below post.

Quote:
Only 12 titanium pieces are released each year until the total number reaches 99 (could stop before 99). In 2024 or 2025, a rose gold series will be launched and that will also be sold concurrently with the titanium. The rose gold will be 12 annually too (hence 12 RG + 12 Ti annually).

The titanium are all sold out.
Old 3 February 2024, 01:48 PM   #28
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please see below post.

You are one patient man!
Old 25 December 2023, 10:13 AM   #29
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

The sequence of metals for SBCA is zirconium, titanium, rose gold, steel and then platinum.
Old 26 December 2023, 01:59 AM   #30
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The sequence of metals for SBCA is zirconium, titanium, rose gold, steel and then platinum.
Thanks!