The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 8 March 2010, 04:42 AM   #121
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Hi Kooler. Welcome aboard.
Old 8 March 2010, 04:45 AM   #122
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooler View Post
Hello everybody. I'm a new member here and planning to buy a watch either in this forum or others. Upon reading this thread it is very clear to me to avoid this seller. I will just go with the proven sellers so as to avoid this very sad experience. Good luck Nicko.
Nicko,

We have several TRF sellers who have an excellent record and stand behind each sale.

Check out the seller before you buy the watch. Ask for references and posts. Investigate them and make sure you call and talk to them in person.

Do not jump in without putting in some time and effort or you will regret it.

Sellers that I know are spot on:
bodybump
r-l-x
DAVIDSW
Mosco
stevemulholland3
Old 8 March 2010, 04:57 AM   #123
chriseskew24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bunches
Avoid list. Thanks for the heads up.. :) I was in the market to.
Old 8 March 2010, 05:11 AM   #124
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
I believe Steve was trying to give the seller a chance to make it right, however the seller would not budge and that is why it has gotten this far.

Anyone in business knows to treat the buyer better than this, it is called winning a battle however he is loosing a war, which, in the end will effect his business from now on.
I held on to this information for quite some time, passed it on to several trusted TRF Members before I did anything, I gave him all the time in the world. I only went and posted everything after his comments to me. As I stated before, I would like to lay this to rest once and for all. I do think it should have went this far and farther if need be to make sure other don't get stung as well by this type of seller. He's one person during the deal, I couldn't have asked for a nicer guy, great communication, help on my package shipping the entire way when I was almost sure the package was lost. The moment I complained to him he turned into a beast, accusations, my fault, I'm a lire, my watchmaker is screwing me, etc. etc. A real Jekyll and Hyde.
Old 8 March 2010, 05:12 AM   #125
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Would I purchase a watch from Billjetpilot?

Not a chance of it.
Old 8 March 2010, 05:12 AM   #126
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooler View Post
Hello everybody. I'm a new member here and planning to buy a watch either in this forum or others. Upon reading this thread it is very clear to me to avoid this seller. I will just go with the proven sellers so as to avoid this very sad experience. Good luck Nicko.
Welcome Kooler, buy here and stay away from the Bills of the world..
Old 8 March 2010, 05:17 AM   #127
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
Nicko,

We have several TRF sellers who have an excellent record and stand behind each sale.

Check out the seller before you buy the watch. Ask for references and posts. Investigate them and make sure you call and talk to them in person.

Do not jump in without putting in some time and effort or you will regret it.

Sellers that I know are spot on:
bodybump
r-l-x
DAVIDSW
Mosco
stevemulholland3
Don't forget Tempoking. He saved young Kanger from scammer h*ll this past month.
Old 8 March 2010, 05:24 AM   #128
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Don't forget Tempoking. He saved young Kanger from scammer h*ll this past month.
I agree that Tempoking should be on that list , I also remember that story , but I'm not sure of Anastasios being involved . Was it not Oscar ?
Old 8 March 2010, 05:27 AM   #129
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

I'd swear it was Tempoking. Of course, I've slept since then.
Old 8 March 2010, 05:37 AM   #130
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
I agree that Tempoking should be on that list , I also remember that story , but I'm not sure of Anastasios being involved . Was it not Oscar ?
Yup you are right. It was Oscar. I found the thread. I was thinking of another issue where someone on the forum was looking at a watch and bumped into Tempoking and thus was as well saved from watch purgatory.
Old 8 March 2010, 07:27 AM   #131
billjetpilot
Banned

Forum guideline

Here is one of Stevo's forum guidelines:

12. The forum will not get involved in any disputes between private members and/or third parties. Members are forbidden from expressly or impliedy stating that their opinions are those of or in any way indorsed by the forum, the moderators or administrators.

Stevo posted a link to my home address without my permission and now refuses to remove it. My home address has nothing to do with details of the dispute between Nicko and myself. This act of intimidation crosses the line. Please remove that link Stevo.
Old 8 March 2010, 07:28 AM   #132
Renoir
"TRF" Member

Sorry to read about this Nicko....I guess the bright side is that when you get it back from service, she'll be perfect.
Old 8 March 2010, 07:40 AM   #133
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjetpilot View Post
Here is one of Stevo's forum guidelines:

12. The forum will not get involved in any disputes between private members and/or third parties. Members are forbidden from expressly or impliedy stating that their opinions are those of or in any way indorsed by the forum, the moderators or administrators.

Stevo posted a link to my home address without my permission and now refuses to remove it. My home address has nothing to do with details of the dispute between Nicko and myself. This act of intimidation crosses the line. Please remove that link Stevo.
Get lost!

I for one am tired of listening to you trying to defend yourself, you have no defense, you're a crook. I'll live with it, you're a lousy seller and as crooked as they come. Go peddle your wares elsewhere. I already said I don't want your stinking money, keep it, buy a life, but please just leave. Your a pain in the backside and I for one am freaking tired of listening to you. Go away, or better yet, Stevo should just ban your carcass for good. He has the patience of a saint, cuz I would have given you the axe as soon as you started disrespecting him. This is his house pal, don't piss on the host. Just leave.

As for your link, it's on the net you fool, for all to see, don't like it, don't post your personal info where everyone can see it.
Old 8 March 2010, 07:49 AM   #134
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
KB0ZPI, we can't hear you.
Old 8 March 2010, 07:50 AM   #135
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjetpilot View Post
You published a link to my home address? Why did you do that Stevo? Nicko, eBay, and Paypal already have my address. Please remove it right away. This is uncalled for. There is no reason to do this and it reveals your true nature, a bully.
The link is to a web-page that you agreed to be displayed on the internet. I've only created a link, the information at the end of that link is public domain information which you created/authored. It is important that people know who you are in light of the foregoing.

Here is the link you published on the internet:
http://www.qrz.com/db/KB0ZPI

I would have thought you had no reservations about anything said here, it is all public anyway.

No influence intended, besides you never negotiated in the first place, and I can see that your mind is made up.

WILLIAM K HINKLEY is KB0ZPI
5531 s cedar st
LITTLETON, CO 80120
USA

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 8 March 2010, 07:51 AM   #136
Nicko
Banned

Now, go away.
Old 8 March 2010, 08:03 AM   #137
Nicko
Banned

Opps, the turd has left the building...

Banned!

Bye Billie! Have a nice life...
Old 8 March 2010, 08:49 AM   #138
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post
KB0ZPI, we can't hear you.
From BING : http://www.bing.com/search?q=KB0ZPI&form=OSDSRC
Old 8 March 2010, 08:52 AM   #139
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Opps, the turd has left the building...

Banned!

Bye Billie! Have a nice life...
Nicko, have you shown the horse this thread ?
Old 8 March 2010, 09:02 AM   #140
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Nicko, have you shown the horse this thread ?

Yup, and he just too a nice healthy one....

Old 8 March 2010, 09:11 AM   #141
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Now that's too funny.
Old 8 March 2010, 09:14 AM   #142
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Nicko .. look it at this way : You brought him here in the first place and it was up to you to make sure he left
Old 8 March 2010, 10:06 AM   #143
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Steve (Nicko)

Buddy I am so disappointed and sorry the seller didn't come through, man I was hoping there would be a glimmer of light and "I'll see you half way", Even with Stevo involved I would have though just his presence would have at least got the seller to think about it!!!!

I'm still amazed even with all the input from everyone here that he still didn't budge putting his reputation on the line, considering the vast number of members here on TRF and the potential buyers that have now locked him out, for a small investment in your happiness and believe me he would have looked damn good in our eyes if he had coughed up and made the sale good, that always goes a long way.

Don't let this episode tarnish your Tudor when you receive it back in 100% working order, post some pics with a big cheesy grin, you've had to work a bit harder for a fine watch that is definitely worth the extra mile, and they say every watch has a story.

Again I was hoping for the good to come out but this time it left the building.

Stevo, mate a huge thanks go to you for the time and effort you put in here, I'm sure what we see on this thread is only the tip of the iceberg of what you contributed to Steve getting a "Fair Go" thanks a million, if I ever get in a bind, expect a call

Dave.

Old 8 March 2010, 10:17 AM   #144
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
Nicko .. look it at this way : You brought him here in the first place and it was up to you to make sure he left
And all I got for reading this whole thread was a dumb t shirt that says "JJ wears a NATO on his RADO".
Old 8 March 2010, 10:17 AM   #145
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
You cannot do anything with a turd except flush it down the sh**ter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bite_me_toilet_3001.jpg (16.5 KB, 173 views)
Old 8 March 2010, 10:44 AM   #146
AF/1
"TRF" Member

Am I the only one here that kind of agrees with the seller?

His behavior and paranoid postings after the fact are inexcusable, but there are some things to look at before that.

I know it's always much easier to go with the crowd, especially when a mod has weighed in as well, but a few things just dont sit well here.

1)The buyer agreed to all of the sellers conditions when he purchased the watch, including the three day stipulation.

2)The seller had stated in his add that watch was in great condition. This was Steve's big point of contention. Was the watch in great condition? I don't know. We don't know. What is considered great condition for an older watch? It ran well and buyer was happy for a couple of weeks. Then buyer broke the stem. How did it break? Was buyer too rough? Did seller know it was ready to break and try to unload it?...When can buyer claim foul? a couple weeks? a couple months? a couple years? How much time can go on while seller waits to see if buyer is satisfied?.....again, this is where the 3 day rule kicks in....(not enough time for sure, but again buyer agreed to these terms)

3)This buyer is a sellers worst nightmare. Right of the bat he instituted a claim against seller for failing to deliver goods. They both admitted buyer did this without warning. That's bad in my book.very bad.
If someone did that to me without first trying to work it out with me, I would be mad as heck.

4) buyer bashes the hell out of seller publicly back in january
http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....1&postcount=10
I saw no mention of this before? I had to find it myself.
Here is a highlight of Nicko's comment a few months back:
quote from nicko: {{{{[[[ wouldn't touch this one with a 10' barge pole......The seller is about as crooked as they come.]]]}}}}}.. end quote

Wow! This is the seller we are supposed to expect to make some sort of refund to Nicko now a few months later??

This buyer had an obligation to himself and the seller to take delivery of the watch, and then to make a decision as to condition. Within THREE days. Buyer followed thru on this and rated the condition GREAT. He left Great feedback and was satisfied with the condition. At a later time he decided that the condition was horrible. Buyer can not have his cake and eat it too. He gets THREE days to make his decision as far as condition is concerned, and then the trade is over. That's it.

What would have been the easiest and most gentleman like thing to do?
Mail the buyer a check for 600 or at the LEAST a check for 300.
That is what I would have done, that is what many people here at TRF would have done........
.......but seller is not obligated to do so.

and Nicko's original posts seem humble and genuine, but has later posts seem a little arrogant and immature imo.
well, that's my two cents.
and for the record i have only bought watches, never sold, so I am not seller biased in any way.
cheers
Old 8 March 2010, 10:46 AM   #147
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF/1 View Post
After chewing through all 8 pages of this tripe, no.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Old 8 March 2010, 11:00 AM   #148
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Wow.

100% behind the seller on this one. The bullying, ganging up on, posting of his address and such things is completely out of order imo. This was an Ebay transaction, nothing what so ever to do with TRF anyway.
Old 8 March 2010, 11:38 AM   #149
SecretSauce

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF/1 View Post

His behavior and paranoid postings after the fact are inexcusable, but there are some things to look at before that.

I know it's always much easier to go with the crowd, especially when a mod has weighed in as well, but a few things just dont sit well here.

1)The buyer agreed to all of the sellers conditions when he purchased the watch, including the three day stipulation.

2)The seller had stated in his add that watch was in great condition. This was Steve's big point of contention. Was the watch in great condition? I don't know. We don't know. What is considered great condition for an older watch? It ran well and buyer was happy for a couple of weeks. Then buyer broke the stem. How did it break? Was buyer too rough? Did seller know it was ready to break and try to unload it?...When can buyer claim foul? a couple weeks? a couple months? a couple years? How much time can go on while seller waits to see if buyer is satisfied?.....again, this is where the 3 day rule kicks in....(not enough time for sure, but again buyer agreed to these terms)

3)This buyer is a sellers worst nightmare. Right of the bat he instituted a claim against seller for failing to deliver goods. They both admitted buyer did this without warning. That's bad in my book.very bad.
If someone did that to me without first trying to work it out with me, I would be mad as heck.

4) buyer bashes the hell out of seller publicly back in january
http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....1&postcount=10
I saw no mention of this before? I had to find it myself.
Here is a highlight of Nicko's comment a few months back:
quote from nicko: {{{{[[[ wouldn't touch this one with a 10' barge pole......The seller is about as crooked as they come.]]]}}}}}.. end quote

Wow! This is the seller we are supposed to expect to make some sort of refund to Nicko now a few months later??

This buyer had an obligation to himself and the seller to take delivery of the watch, and then to make a decision as to condition. Within THREE days. Buyer followed thru on this and rated the condition GREAT. He left Great feedback and was satisfied with the condition. At a later time he decided that the condition was horrible. Buyer can not have his cake and eat it too. He gets THREE days to make his decision as far as condition is concerned, and then the trade is over. That's it.

What would have been the easiest and most gentleman like thing to do?
Mail the buyer a check for 600 or at the LEAST a check for 300.
That is what I would have done, that is what many people here at TRF would have done........
.......but seller is not obligated to do so.

and Nicko's original posts seem humble and genuine, but has later posts seem a little arrogant and immature imo.
well, that's my two cents.
and for the record i have only bought watches, never sold, so I am not seller biased in any way.
cheers
You're not the only one that finds this distasteful.
Old 8 March 2010, 12:00 PM   #150
jwkunkle
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Next One
If the stem broke right away, then I would understand the issue. But if I read this correctly, it was quite some time after the buyer had the watch. Those involved in the "ganging up" on this thread should be embarrassed. The last two pages of comments are extremely juvenile.

And what's with posting the guy's address? This was an eBay transaction. Why is his address being posted here? What point is that making?

This entire situation/thread has been oddly handled.

Just my two cents.
Closed Thread