The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 2 March 2018, 06:13 AM   #91
aznav
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Ironman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post
I've never heard of RSC simply sending it back without the quote (including reverting back to factory parts).

Now, if for some reason it happened to just simply not even be a genuine Rolex, then it makes sense they would stop there and send it back with no quote.

Remember, they likely see LOTS of fuckery in the way of bezels and other aftermarket pieces on watches sent in. If bet it's somewhat common.
I believe "RSC" is Rolex Service Center.
Old 2 March 2018, 06:17 AM   #92
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Yeah... so, they would be the ones to determine if it indeed has the correct movement inside.

You're description is that they open the box, say,... "this pos has a non-rolex bezel" and send it directly back to you.

I didn't think it worked that way.
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 06:33 AM   #93
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhtred59 View Post
A quick review might be in order, I believe you started off be trying to sell your (sisters, family members, space aliens) "rolex". Got called out on that and have found an excuse for every action since. My question is why?
Sigh. Space Alien Sister.
A. She is real.
B. I foolishly offered to sell it for her as she is up to her ears in trying to retire, move, etc.
C. The ad was locked.
D. I asked three times what was wrong. No one would respond.
E. This thread was accepted.
F. It became apparent - through the gracious help from most of the members, that, for openers, that the bezel was aftermarket.
G. One member graciously helped by giving me a dealer only one hour from my home.
H.I took it to a Rolex dealer in Charlottesville. I gave the name, phone number and address of the dealer for those that hinted I did not do it. Still waiting for one member to call the number to verify that I went there. I assume, other than trashing my thread, he is too busy.
I. The Charlottesville Rolex dealer was the one that gave me the RSC info on appraisals and, frankly, not to waste my time. Why, you ask? Because it costs $150 for the appraisal BUT if there is one aftermarket part they will not appraise and will keep the cash. No brainer.
J. They also VERIFIED that it was a Rolex watch with aftermarket stuff on it. Sister had it "repaired" at supposed Rolex dealer. Again, if you noticed, she spent a grand last month cleaning it up. Name and number also available for verification.
K. YES, I should of asked what the serial number was. I also realize that, yes, it could look like flimflam. Along with telling my sister I would sell the watch for her, that was my second stupid mistake. I have also indicated that I tried several times to get the band off but then I was afraid to scratch it.
L. Another member was helpful in telling me why not scratch it since it's a pile of trash anyway. Thank you member for your help.
M. Some members thought I was a troll. An 11 year troll, longer than most of you here.
N. I will try again this weekend to get the band off. Take a picture, and wait for the flames.
Old 2 March 2018, 06:36 AM   #94
aznav
"TRF" Member

Also, changed my avatar. It is a fake picture of me and my 35 year still stunning main squeeze, Ann. Me, 65, her 60. I can verify that with marriage license and wedding pics.

This was taken the day after "The Blizzard of '83". These Marines and Sailors drove all night through the blizzard, following the taillights of a truck to come to our wedding in DC. Semper Fi!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 15.48.00.png (154.9 KB, 478 views)
Old 2 March 2018, 06:38 AM   #95
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Egh... I'm exhausted.

If I could post a googly eyed smiley face from tapatalk I would.
Old 2 March 2018, 06:40 AM   #96
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The way it works with RSC is simpler and less costly than being portrayed.

How would I know?

Just got an email from them about my wife’s watch which was sent for a service estimate (and that is how I’d suggest anyone do it). Rolex will give you 3 options:
- Proceed with required service (which will include a list of any parts requiring replacement). That includes parts that are not authentic.

- Proceed with above work plus their recommended (but not required) services.

- Decline any work and remit $55 for the estimate.

That’s about as cheap and easy as it gets IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 06:42 AM   #97
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznav View Post
Also, changed my avatar. It is a fake picture of me and my 35 year still stunning main squeeze, Ann. Me, 65, her 60. I can verify that with marriage license and wedding pics.
dont forget your birth certificate
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 06:53 AM   #98
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Egh... I'm exhausted.

If I could post a googly eyed smiley face from tapatalk I would.
You think YOU'RE exhausted! Dude, I'm outta her!
Old 2 March 2018, 06:53 AM   #99
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post
dont forget your birth certificate

Patience, let me check with the wife.
Old 2 March 2018, 06:56 AM   #100
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

How would I know?

Just got an email from them about my wife’s watch which was sent for a service estimate (and that is how I’d suggest anyone do it). Rolex will give you 3 options:
- Proceed with required service (which will include a list of any parts requiring replacement). That includes parts that are not authentic.

Groan. For real? I could just cry. In fact, I think I will:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2432.jpg (32.6 KB, 481 views)
Old 7 March 2018, 01:55 PM   #101
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
I think the OP is has a great sense of humor and he is legit.
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:10 PM   #102
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
+1

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:29 PM   #103
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
Just read the whole thing. This appears to be a troll thread. Where is the picture of the side of the case with the band off from the jeweller? Where is a picture of the caseback? How much does it weigh as already asked
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:50 PM   #104
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
This thread made me lose way too many brain cells. I hope to god the OP is legit because he sounds like a cool dude. It’s a cruel world out there for people who don’t fit the TRF mold... this guy has seen that first hand.

OP, here’s my advice. Don’t worry too much about the watch. Take the highest bid you can and move on. Regardless of what’s real or not, that watch is a losing proposition.

But anyways, you have a good sense of humor assuming you’re real lol. I hope to see you around more on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 March 2018, 09:49 PM   #105
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Sigh. Space Alien Sister.
A. She is real.
B. I foolishly offered to sell it for her as she is up to her ears in trying to retire, move, etc.
C. The ad was locked.
D. I asked three times what was wrong. No one would respond.
E. This thread was accepted.
F. It became apparent - through the gracious help from most of the members, that, for openers, that the bezel was aftermarket.
G. One member graciously helped by giving me a dealer only one hour from my home.
H.I took it to a Rolex dealer in Charlottesville. I gave the name, phone number and address of the dealer for those that hinted I did not do it. Still waiting for one member to call the number to verify that I went there. I assume, other than trashing my thread, he is too busy.
I. The Charlottesville Rolex dealer was the one that gave me the RSC info on appraisals and, frankly, not to waste my time. Why, you ask? Because it costs $150 for the appraisal BUT if there is one aftermarket part they will not appraise and will keep the cash. No brainer.
J. They also VERIFIED that it was a Rolex watch with aftermarket stuff on it. Sister had it "repaired" at supposed Rolex dealer. Again, if you noticed, she spent a grand last month cleaning it up. Name and number also available for verification.
K. YES, I should of asked what the serial number was. I also realize that, yes, it could look like flimflam. Along with telling my sister I would sell the watch for her, that was my second stupid mistake. I have also indicated that I tried several times to get the band off but then I was afraid to scratch it.
L. Another member was helpful in telling me why not scratch it since it's a pile of trash anyway. Thank you member for your help.
M. Some members thought I was a troll. An 11 year troll, longer than most of you here.
N. I will try again this weekend to get the band off. Take a picture, and wait for the flames.
You forgot to mention that Eric (Freefly) basically authenticated your watch in post 73. Eric is sharper on this stuff that the vast majority of posters, so I would go with that. Minus some aftermarket bits, it's real.

If the people who just refreshed the watch did a half decent job, they should have replaced the spring bars, which means they'll come off easy. Use a wood toothpick to manipulate the spring bar, it won't mar the finish. There's a thread somewhere with pictures if you're nervous.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 10:00 PM   #106
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
You forgot to mention that Eric (Freefly) basically authenticated your watch in post 73. Eric is sharper on this stuff that the vast majority of posters, so I would go with that. Minus some aftermarket bits, it's real.

If the people who just refreshed the watch did a half decent job, they should have replaced the spring bars, which means they'll come off easy. Use a wood toothpick to manipulate the spring bar, it won't mar the finish. There's a thread somewhere with pictures if you're nervous.
So did I in post #24 but then it went all downhill from there.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2018, 03:29 AM   #107
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Nope, total troll. How can I tell? His location. First of all, the name of the city is not Harrisonburg, it's Harrisburg. Second, it's not in VA, it's in PA.
(Sorry, I've got a really stupid sense of humor.)
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2018, 03:38 AM   #108
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
Nope, total troll. How can I tell? His location. First of all, the name of the city is not Harrisonburg, it's Harrisburg. Second, it's not in VA, it's in PA.
Agree completely. I have no idea why that is supposed to be funny.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2018, 04:08 AM   #109
pilotjim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Actually, it IS kinda funny, lol.
pilotjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2018, 12:19 PM   #110
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
Harrisonburg is a city in Va

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 04:30 AM   #111
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfrank View Post
harrisonburg is a city in va
thankyew!!!
Old 13 March 2018, 04:43 AM   #112
aznav
"TRF" Member

One more time with feeling...

Ok, in the continuing comitragedy of this bleeping watch, here is the latest: Though many of you doubt me, I don't make this stuff up. Silly thing like work got in the way of making a trip to Charlottesville (a real city in Virginia, as in UVA, and not Charlotte, a city in NC). Got there over the weekend and, frankly, don't give a rip if you believe this or not. The bonafide Rolex dealer of Fink's Jewelry tells me: 1. They cannot remove the back of a Rolex watch and 2. They do not have a pin the correct size for my sister's Rolex. Yes, I lost the pin (boing!) when I took it off. Are you kidding me?! So, he "shows" me the serial number. "Shows" me where it is.

The serial number is...5221073. You can at least see some of the number. I took many shots to just get that through a jewelers loupe (I bought the loupe years ago for difficult serial numbers on products I am not allowed to mention here but it is close to fireworks but "arms" are in place of "works" turned at an angle with soft light to try and feather it out. I will also send the card of the jeweler but, please, don't send a note and flame the guy. Maybe they are not allowed to take the back off. As I have said, oh, five times..."What do I know!?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0661.jpg (149.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0668.jpg (54.3 KB, 301 views)
Old 13 March 2018, 04:58 AM   #113
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

How would I know?

77, I'm going to do this. At this point, I really am curious. Have no idea how long it will take but stay tuned.
Old 17 March 2018, 09:04 AM   #114
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Matt, moved from Tucson five years ago. Lived there 13 years and worked at DM. Son went to U of A for grad school. If not for grandchildren, I would move back tomorrow. Got bit by the desert bug and never wanted to leave.
Old 17 March 2018, 01:54 PM   #115
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

You are saying a Rolex AD can't remove the case back, and they don't have a spring bar that fits it? I have a mom and pop jewelry store and I have no problems removing case backs, and I have thousands of spring bars, one of which I can assure you would fit that watch
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 08:41 AM   #116
aznav
"TRF" Member

So here's the deal. I had a V8 moment and called Zoland of NYC that had repaired the watch in January. Here is his comment: "Watch is genuine, but old. Movements are genuine, band is genuine but stretched, crystal is genuine, face is genuine. Bezel is aftermarket." He replaced the rotor axel, balancing wheel, and a new acrylic crystal with genuine Rolex parts. For those that were helpful and courteous, thank you very much. For those that waxed eloquently but not necessarily wisely, have a nice day. Mods, please close this thread.
Old 19 March 2018, 08:46 AM   #117
aznav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfixer21 View Post
You are saying a Rolex AD can't remove the case back, and they don't have a spring bar that fits it? I have a mom and pop jewelry store and I have no problems removing case backs, and I have thousands of spring bars, one of which I can assure you would fit that watch
Thank you, Mr. O, for contributing to this thread. You should have half a mind and call them up and tell them exactly what you think. Be sure to tell them Aznav sent you.
Old 19 March 2018, 08:47 AM   #118
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
So here's the deal. I had a V8 moment and called Zoland of NYC that had repaired the watch in January. Here is his comment: "Watch is genuine, but old. Movements are genuine, band is genuine but stretched, crystal is genuine, face is genuine. Bezel is aftermarket." He replaced the rotor axel, balancing wheel, and a new acrylic crystal with genuine Rolex parts. For those that were helpful and courteous, thank you very much. For those that waxed eloquently but not necessarily wisely, have a nice day. Mods, please close this thread.
Sorry, he lied to you.

The dial is aftermarket.
Old 19 March 2018, 09:01 AM   #119
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Womp womp......

I like the OP, good sense of humor and a wordsmith of sorts. Sucks the watch has been ordeal for you.

Dial and bezel definitely look like ballz.
Old 19 March 2018, 09:03 AM   #120
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Womp womp......

I like the OP, good sense of humor and a wordsmith of sorts. Sucks the watch has been ordeal for you.

Dial and bezel definitely look like ballz.
I agree but he just refuses to believe that a 41 year old dial doesn't look anything like that.