The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 June 2018, 01:12 AM   #61
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
First class thread, great looking watch and pics along with the detailed story...Congrats!

Thanks, R
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 02:02 AM   #62
debner4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
I am currently wearing the CB more as the 5990 fit isn't quite dialed in correctly yet, and by virtue of me having had it for 10 days more than the 5990. The excitement of the 5990 is indescribable however - I still can't believe I have my first Nautilus in hand, let alone the king of all SS sports watches out there, arguably. The finish is stunning, but also makes me nervous about wearing it at the same time with all those brightly polished and angular surfaces.
I saw on your Instagram account that you are wearing the AP 15202 today... any further thoughts on how it compares to the Journe CB? I am deciding between those two and would love your thoughts now that you own both.
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 04:17 PM   #63
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Part of the mystique behind the CB is that the dial is insanely difficult to capture - what your eye sees is different than what a camera will see.

I caught this cool shot this morning while at the coffee shop that shows the really cool reflective nature of the dial and floating text:

amazing shot!
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 04:43 PM   #64
SearChart
TechXpert

Just saw this thread, congrats and thanks for the pictures of your tour, super awesome!!
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 06:29 PM   #65
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Just saw this thread, congrats and thanks for the pictures of your tour, super awesome!!
As far as I am aware (judging from his signature), the watch is long gone
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 04:00 AM   #66
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

I just Bleu myself... Incoming CB!

Big congrats on what is, in my opinion, one of the best watches in production today!

Edit: just noticed that this thread is over six months old! I hope you’re still enjoying your CB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 09:39 AM   #67
tng11
"TRF" Member

Wow, holy bumperino.

Yes, I did move the CB along. I had a crazy few weeks back in May/June with a 5990, CB and 5712 all incoming like rapidfire. I found the 5712 fit me much better as a versatile sports/dressy watch, and then I later in September acquired a proper dress watch - the Lange Saxonia Thin.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 01:33 PM   #68
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, holy bumperino.

Yes, I did move the CB along. I had a crazy few weeks back in May/June with a 5990, CB and 5712 all incoming like rapidfire. I found the 5712 fit me much better as a versatile sports/dressy watch, and then I later in September acquired a proper dress watch - the Lange Saxonia Thin.
you move the 5990 too?

you move the CB for the Lange? any regrets?

jen
Old 6 January 2019, 11:40 PM   #69
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
I did it!

Keep that strap on. You have a perfect mix of class and frivolity. I’m keeping that photo. Wonderful watch.

The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 11:42 PM   #70
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
Keep that strap on. You have a perfect mix of class and frivolity. I’m keeping that photo. Wonderful watch.

Lol, you don’t know Tom - that thing is long gone
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 11:57 PM   #71
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Lol, you don’t know Tom - that thing is long gone

Seriously, I just read the entire fantastic thread, only to see the CB is long gone! Don’t I feel like a muppet! Still, I’ll keep the photo.

Old 7 January 2019, 12:27 AM   #72
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Despite the amazingness of the CB. It came and went for me too. There's a high attrition rate for this piece and everyone is always worried about the eventual service cost lol
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 03:46 AM   #73
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Despite the amazingness of the CB. It came and went for me too. There's a high attrition rate for this piece and everyone is always worried about the eventual service cost lol
What do you think accounts for the high attrition rate?
Old 8 January 2019, 10:36 AM   #74
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Curious as well.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 12:58 PM   #75
galtinuk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am not sure that it is really true that there is a high attrition rate for this piece. No more higher than a 5711 say among those who bought one at retail price and realized they could get out of it for a credit and just wanted a change. Had the price not gone up--many would not have sold.
galtinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 01:26 PM   #76
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtinuk View Post
I am not sure that it is really true that there is a high attrition rate for this piece. No more higher than a 5711 say among those who bought one at retail price and realized they could get out of it for a credit and just wanted a change. Had the price not gone up--many would not have sold.
Makes sense. That rationale is hard to avoid. I adore the 5711, and it's easy to see why some sell them when they can make a quick $20k towards their next piece.
Old 8 January 2019, 01:54 PM   #77
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtinuk View Post
That make good sense. Quick check on Chrono24 CB current used price range from US$26k-US$33.5k!
Old 8 January 2019, 01:55 PM   #78
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

bought one, sold it, regretted it, bought it back... all within a calendar year.
i sold the jumbo around the same time i sold the cb, and it was the cb that i wanted back almost immediately.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 10:21 PM   #79
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post

Not sure if this is true. I absolutely love mine and will never consider selling it unless I am in deep need of cash
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 09:58 AM   #80
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Not sure if this is true. I absolutely love mine and will never consider selling it unless I am in deep need of cash
Same.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 12:01 PM   #81
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Same.

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 12:38 PM   #82
bronzeband00
Banned

Great and stunning time pieces. Love the CB
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 03:44 AM   #83
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
bought one, sold it, regretted it, bought it back... all within a calendar year.
i sold the jumbo around the same time i sold the cb, and it was the cb that i wanted back almost immediately.
I'm the opposite. Sold both around the same time, and I almost immediately regretted selling the Jumbo. Waiting to get one back at the moment.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2019, 06:22 AM   #84
vlps
"TRF" Member

i have the cb bleu and the jumbo. looking to get the 5711 in blue to complete my trio of favorte blue dial watches.
vlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:06 AM   #85
galtinuk
"TRF" Member

I also got rid of my 5711 blue, never looked back. Great watch but current grey prices just don't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the Nautilus. On the plus side is the case and bracelet which make the most comfortable steel bracelet sports watch out there IMHO. On the downside, I find the std Patek 324 movement slightly boring because it is in so many watches and the view is quite obscured by the rotor. Also, the watch is a bit scratch prone, but that is partly due to how fine the finishing is so it is hard to complain too much.

However, absolutely love the Bleu. It is a watch that achieves something special "the hard way" in the case, dial, movement, and double sided alligator bracelet. It makes it a fantastic addition to a collection because it offers something that is almost surely different without being annoyingly different.

The case: Tantalum. Very difficult to machine, but fantastic for a watch due to the hardness. Also, rare to find in a watch and the color of the metal is really cool and particularly suits the color of the dial and the spirit of the watch itself. It also keeps the watch understaded--probably more than steel does You could literally live your whole life and never once see a tantalum watch in person. I think that is cool.

The dial, like the case also difficult to make but the result is fantastic. 80% failure rate speaks to that. Not sure what I can say that has not been said about the dial. It really needs to be seen in person--but further-even after you see it in person the more you see it in different light conditions the more interesting it gets--that keeps it fresh. Some of the pictures make it look very "chrome blue" however in person it is alot more subtle than those pics. Although for brief moments it can flash a chrome blue "wink" at you. The dial is alive and special without being loud. Like the case..

The movement/case back view: absolutely gorgeous in rose gold. Not only the warm glow of the metal but the movement architecture and the interplay between the different finishing is fantastic.

They don't make many. The combination of being rare and fantastic is nice because you won't see these everywhere. That is a quality and it mean you can wear it everywhere and not make a statement.

My two cents...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
galtinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:33 AM   #86
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Me as well.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:52 AM   #87
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
Me as well.

One more here
Old 11 January 2019, 06:54 AM   #88
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlps View Post
i have the cb bleu and the jumbo. looking to get the 5711 in blue to complete my trio of favorte blue dial watches.

Same combo. I’ll add a pic for good measure ;)