The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2019, 02:52 PM   #61
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Sorry to hear, I know life hasn’t been the fairest to you but it’s amazing your dad made it to 85, he got to enjoy a fruitful life and your mom sounds like a trooper. I don’t have a good relationship with my family at all so it’s good to hear you guys are still as close as you are. Taking care of her might get tiresome but enjoy the time you guys have together, we all expire unfortunately, it’s about what we do in that dash in between.
My 2018 wasn’t great either, but it helped me grow. Started off the year relapsing, developing a coke and pill addiction to top off my drinking and pot use, had to watch my ex in a coma a few times from alcohol overdose, ended up in a psychiatric hospital from an attempted suicide in November, got raided by police in swat gear when my mom called up for a welfare check. They took my whole unmentionable collection and subsequently gave it back after I got out of the hospital. Ended up back in rehab. But life since I got out has been great. I celebrated 30 days of sobriety last week, have a new amazing support group and started the new year off on the right foot. Sucks when life kicks us down. But getting back up and being grateful for what we have moves us forward. The fact that we’re all sitting here, wearing rolexes with food in the fridge and a roof over our heads is absolutely amazing. I can’t imagine how hard it is losing your father, and watching your mom endure the stress from losing her partner. But she still has you, and it sounds like she’s doing much better physically which is a blessing in itself. I remember you posting earlier in the year that she told you to get a new car when she passes, and while I don’t know if you got the new car yet, she’s still here which is far more valuable. Struggling with depression sucks, I’ve been to that dark place and fortunately am here now to see the light. I’m praying for you man, I hope you have an amazing 2019, full of blessings and good health. I’m sure you’re mom is going to need you more now than ever, I’m sure it feels like a heavy weight to carry; but you always have seemed like an amazing man. You’re resilient and hard working, have a great sense of humor and I always enjoy reading your posts. Always appreciated the birthday wishes you sent. I hope you can find some peace and happiness moving forward. Life isn’t always sunshine and skittles, but it’s a blessing to wake up everyday in good health, in a great country, with a community that loves you even if we haven’t ever met. Cheers to 2019 and brighter horizons ahead, may you and your family be blessed.
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 03:00 PM   #62
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Paul, I am just seeing this now. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know how painful loosing a parent is.

Be Strong, Be There for your Mother and Be Good To Yourself.

Believe in a Brighter Future, Have a Positive Vision and Know Things Will be Better!

All the Best to you and Mom.
Larry

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 12:44 AM   #63
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
So sorry to hear this Paul I had not seen this post as I was not logged on for a couple days. Rip to him. If you need to talk call me. Stay strong
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 08:07 PM   #64
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Lets hope 2019 is better.....2018 was the worse year in my 60 plus years ......
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:40 AM   #65
Xelorpepsi
"TRF" Member

I am sorry about your loss and feel your pain all the more since I am in a very similar situation as we speak. 2018 was an awful vintage, but I genuinely hope things will get better for you in 2019.

Another occasion to thank the TRF community for their continuous support here and IRL.

Don't forget to take care of yourself!
Xelorpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:47 AM   #66
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Sorry very sorry to read Paul. I know 2019 is going to be great for you!
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 11:47 AM   #67
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Life is short, cherish what you have like its last day. OP, Thanks for sharing your story.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 01:36 AM   #68
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Hi Paul, I just read this. Best wishes bud.
Old 19 January 2019, 01:43 AM   #69
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Without getting into too much detail, I lost my mother just this past December 10. She took care of my father and he is an utter mess. As an only child as well, its a lot to manage by ourselves. Best of luck to you and hang in there.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 04:06 AM   #70
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
Paul, very sorry for your losses... totally agree, let's hope 2019 is a better one than 2018.

We went through some pretty bad things with one of our little ones last year (can't say more)
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 11:20 PM   #71
Slippy Chips
"TRF" Member

I’m sorry to hear about all that Paul. That is so much to happen all at once. I can see how that would bring anyone to a breaking point.
My dad passed when I was 32 and as an only child I have to tie up his whole estate alone. That was like insult to injury. “I’m sorry you dad died, now have 43 debt collectors calling you 24/7 to harass you about bills.”
I don’t have much advice. Eventually life goes on. The pain doesn’t go away but you learn to subdue it some
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 09:03 AM   #72
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Anyone heard from Paul lately? Been over a month since he has been on TRF. Hope he is doing OK!
Old 28 February 2019, 10:50 AM   #73
Vishy26
"TRF" Member

Sorry Paul, thoughts with you.
Vishy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 04:01 PM   #74
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
Anyone heard from Paul lately? Been over a month since he has been on TRF. Hope he is doing OK!
Yes, He has been out of the country on business. He is back and being a Great Son helping his Mother in Arizona.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 04:53 PM   #75
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
2018 sucked. My 85 year old mother was hospitalized with arrhythmia. She recovered, but they found things during the treatment and she ended up having to have triple bypass. There were many complications but she eventually recovered and is looking and acting 10 years younger then before the surgery, (ONE good thing about the year). Then, she fell and broke her hip. While she was recovering from surgery in the hospital her 15 year old beloved dog died in my arms in their living room, the next morning I had to break the news to her. About a month later, on Thanksgiving, her (very close) sister, my aunt, passed away. That would be enough for one family don't you think? On Christmas night, my mother, father and I were in their living room, joking about the bad year, laughing, my father rocking in his favorite chair. Then, he said he was getting more eggnog and stood up, then immediately dropped. My mother, a retired nurse found no pulse or breathing, she started CPR, but at 85 years old and about 85 pounds couldn't put much force so I took over. Less then five minutes later the fire department arrived, hit him with the paddles as a neighbor dragged my mother to another room and I watched them try and bring my father back. He was pronounced DOA at the hospital. His funeral was last Saturday.

Being an only child this all falls on me to support my mother. She is doing about as well as could be expected, but it will take time to adjust.

Am I wrong to be angry at the world? Thinking we got more then our share of pain in 2018?
I hope 2019 is better for both of us....we seem to parallel for 2018
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote