The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 January 2019, 04:52 PM   #31
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam80 View Post
Funny I just looked at davidsw for a white gold oysterflex Daytona, and once you convert the currency his used one is the same as a new one here at msrp
It is now because AUD sucks balls. It was worth it when the AUD was much better and it also depends on how you send the money. There are wide range of exchange rates if you use the local banks like ANZ, CBA or alike they will rip you apart with conversion.

Paypal the same thing. Try using other forex exchanges.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 05:29 PM   #32
edyu
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpenterGold View Post
I'm in a similar boat and would love to hear your thoughts on the trusted sellers vs sticking with an AD. I feel pretty confident I can get a discount on the watch I have in mind, though still likely will end up 5-10% more than going with DavidSW or someone like that...

I like the idea of building up the relationship with my local AD, but a 10% difference is some real money in a PM rolex.

Any thoughts on how you various folks would think about the question would be appreciated.
I would go AD. What’s better than PM when it comes to building a relationship and Rolex is not a one time purchase only thing especially with Basel 2019 coming. In the end it’s a mentality thing and for me the price difference of new PM models is really not that different anyways. I’d rather have someone I can always talk to when I want a new thing off Basel and that I know I’ll be one of the first ones on the list.
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 09:19 PM   #33
bronzeband00
Banned

A highly trusted seller is your best bet. Have to do alot of AD findings to know who can make that possible for you.
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 09:27 PM   #34
nick800
"TRF" Member

Go AD. Only way to know for sure it hasn’t been touched.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 03:08 AM   #35
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
Oh, and don’t bother mentioning the grey prices at an AD, they won’t price match, you’ll likely get a lecture about buying online, and they may hesitate to sell you any popular pieces if they know you are aware of the resale market.
I'm with you. Went through that when I bought by sub. Dealers had cases full and all I got was arrogance and a story on how they cant keep any rolex, and if you buy anywhere but an AD it's a fake. I dont like the attitudes of most ADs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
j.mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 04:58 AM   #36
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

The trouble can be getting the exact spec you want...especially on something like a DD40, where there is such a range. I could only get exactly what I wanted by ordering through an AD and waiting four months.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 09:45 AM   #37
mr_gray
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMURF
Buy whilst you can i reckon because PM prices ain't gone up in a long time and are well and truly due, especially here in Oz where PM rolexes are like 15% cheaper at rrp than US equivalents.

as peterpl says, watch out. you might price a watch using xe.com but when it comes time to pay actual cost might go up alot. OFX is a good deal i think.
mr_gray is offline   Reply With Quote