The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 January 2018, 11:17 AM   #1
watchdoc123
"TRF" Member

Superocean Heritage II or Superocean II 42mm?

I am looking to get my first Breitling. I have always bought Rolex. I am looking at the above two models with the blue face. Of those who have them, which do you recommend and why? Thx :)
watchdoc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2018, 11:44 AM   #2
squeaks376
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
I have the heritage II with brown face. I never liked Breitling because I thought they were too flashy. When I saw that simple elegant dial I knew I had to have the heritage.
squeaks376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2018, 11:06 PM   #3
DKRanger22
2018 Pledge Member

Do not make your decision sight unseen. I was 100% convinced that I would love the blue 46mm Super Ocean Heritage II, that I almost acquired one here from a trusted seller without so much as even trying one on. I talked some sense into myself and headed to the AD for a test run. Turns out, I much preferred the 42mm size, and as much as I thought I'd love the shark mesh bracelet, I actually preferred the strap (I do think I would come to like the bracelet eventually, but it is quite different aesthetically from my oyster bracelets... I just think it would take some time to get used to). This watch is still on my radar and I still hope to acquire one, but I have a few other models that I am mulling around as well - haven't been able to make up my mind!
DKRanger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 06:06 AM   #4
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

SOHII 42mm. Just a very classy looking piece. Get it on the bracelet and swap in an aftermarket strap or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2018, 01:26 AM   #5
Cryten
2018 BOND 007 Pledge Member

I don't like the numbers on the Superocean, so the Superocean Heritage gets my vote, but try one first. The black one looks great in pictures and I convinced myself I needed one, but in person at the boutique I found it boring. The blue version really pops though and is definitely the pick of the bunch (in my opinion).
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote