The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2020, 01:53 AM   #1
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Tudor Bracelets

I'm looking at picking up the OEM SS bracelet for my BB GMT which is currently on leather...

Wondering what the general consensus is on Tudor bracelets?

I'm slightly cautious on the basis there's no micro adjust, but could probably overlook this if the bracelet is well built, high quality and comfortable to wear...

Any other bracelet recommendations for the BB line up?
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 02:03 AM   #2
MattyL147
"TRF" Member

I have a BB58 on bracelet. I would love an easy-link or something else to be able to adjust on the fly, but the lack of it hasn't really bothered me.

It's well built.

At first I also wasn't sure how I felt about the "rivets" but I like them. They help differentiate from my Rolex oyster bracelets and they're pretty subtle.
MattyL147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 02:06 AM   #3
Auto16610
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaPanerai
BB 58 awesome

If the one that fits yours is similar to the 58 then that would be nice. Mine is slim and secure.
Auto16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 02:27 AM   #4
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
I think there are very good. I’m very happy with mine. Other than not having a comfort link it’s as good as an oyster and better than the jubilee.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 02:37 AM   #5
IlikeSubs
Banned

Where can they be purchased?
IlikeSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 02:54 AM   #6
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeSubs View Post
Where can they be purchased?
Your Tudor AD can order it for you. If I remember correctly they go for about $800.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 03:48 AM   #7
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Very good in my opinion, feel just like my Pepsi GMT 5 digit. Same 3 pin adjustment, that's all.

The glidelock clasps and even the easy links are spoiling us. The Tudor is how its been for some time.
bp1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 03:55 AM   #8
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Tudor Bracelets

The Black Bay series of Tudor bracelets have a fantastic build quality and is priced at 1/3 it’s Rolex counterpart. The newer bracelets that come with the in house movement Black Bays have an added vintage aesthetic with the rivets but is functionally identical to the previous generation BB oyster.

You can order them through your AD for ~$800 + tax as long as you have the corresponding watch.

The biggest issue with Black Bay bracelets is the lack of adjustability options. If you have a sub 7 inch wrist, you will have issues with fit unless you like to wear your watches loose.

Additionally, the last link attached to the 6 o’clock side of the clasp is unable to articulate freely which effectively extends the length of the clasp on the underside of the wrist affecting balance. Oddly enough this issue was never fixed and has been around since the first generation black bay bracelets. Again, only an issue if you have sub 7in wrists.

The culprit

Lastly, not having any diver style adjustability or diver’s extension for a “diving watch” at this price point is a joke.

3 slot adjustment
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 03:58 AM   #9
newu5er
"TRF" Member

I know you were asking specific to the BB, but the Tudor Pelagos bracelet is pretty darn nice needing no adjustment. I'd say it rivals the glide-lock. The standard BB bracelet definitely feels quality when you hold it and put it on. I've see those for sale as low as $600 used.
newu5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 04:01 AM   #10
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
I'm looking at picking up the OEM SS bracelet for my BB GMT which is currently on leather...

Wondering what the general consensus is on Tudor bracelets?

I'm slightly cautious on the basis there's no micro adjust, but could probably overlook this if the bracelet is well built, high quality and comfortable to wear...

Any other bracelet recommendations for the BB line up?
Been thinking of doing the same with mine. Love the look on leather but really like that Tudor bracelet as well.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 04:11 AM   #11
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
I think you can get pretty good ones from strap code which are directly built for the black bay. An option if you don’t want to spend the £600 for the Tudor one from Rolex.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 04:15 AM   #12
Zoran
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655 Mark 1
OP, not sure if this is the kind of answer you are looking for but I tried the bracelet of my 1680 Submariner and it fits like a glove.
Now, considering the prices of the older 93150 bracelets, I'm not sure this is the answer.
Also, a Rolex bracelet on a modern Tudor is also a bit off
Old 25 February 2020, 04:17 AM   #13
GBD
"TRF" Member

Quality is great, but on my bb steel I could not get a comfortable fit due to lack of adjustability, and that was a big reason I sold it. No half links and only three adjustment slots doesn't cut it, imo.
GBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 05:10 AM   #14
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
I'd buy the bracelet; I love the bracelet on my BB Blue ETA. It's well made, and second only the Rolex bracelets IMO.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 08:23 AM   #15
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyL147 View Post
I have a BB58 on bracelet. I would love an easy-link or something else to be able to adjust on the fly, but the lack of it hasn't really bothered me.

It's well built.

At first I also wasn't sure how I felt about the "rivets" but I like them. They help differentiate from my Rolex oyster bracelets and they're pretty subtle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto16610 View Post
If the one that fits yours is similar to the 58 then that would be nice. Mine is slim and secure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I think there are very good. I’m very happy with mine. Other than not having a comfort link it’s as good as an oyster and better than the jubilee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
Very good in my opinion, feel just like my Pepsi GMT 5 digit. Same 3 pin adjustment, that's all.

The glidelock clasps and even the easy links are spoiling us. The Tudor is how its been for some time.
Thanks for insight folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
The Black Bay series of Tudor bracelets have a fantastic build quality and is priced at 1/3 it’s Rolex counterpart. The newer bracelets that come with the in house movement Black Bays have an added vintage aesthetic with the rivets but is functionally identical to the previous generation BB oyster.

You can order them through your AD for ~$800 + tax as long as you have the corresponding watch.

The biggest issue with Black Bay bracelets is the lack of adjustability options. If you have a sub 7 inch wrist, you will have issues with fit unless you like to wear your watches loose.

Additionally, the last link attached to the 6 o’clock side of the clasp is unable to articulate freely which effectively extends the length of the clasp on the underside of the wrist affecting balance. Oddly enough this issue was never fixed and has been around since the first generation black bay bracelets. Again, only an issue if you have sub 7in wrists.

The culprit

Lastly, not having any diver style adjustability or diver’s extension for a “diving watch” at this price point is a joke.

3 slot adjustment
Quote:
Originally Posted by newu5er View Post
I know you were asking specific to the BB, but the Tudor Pelagos bracelet is pretty darn nice needing no adjustment. I'd say it rivals the glide-lock. The standard BB bracelet definitely feels quality when you hold it and put it on. I've see those for sale as low as $600 used.
Thanks for detailed input - lack of adjustment is my main concern and I have sold watches in the past based on this decision.

The Pelagos is an option I have looked at, but with the Titanium against steel, I think the colours are slightly off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
I think you can get pretty good ones from strap code which are directly built for the black bay. An option if you don’t want to spend the £600 for the Tudor one from Rolex.
Thanks for the heads up - I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
OP, not sure if this is the kind of answer you are looking for but I tried the bracelet of my 1680 Submariner and it fits like a glove.
Now, considering the prices of the older 93150 bracelets, I'm not sure this is the answer.
Also, a Rolex bracelet on a modern Tudor is also a bit off
Sounds good - but would prefer to order new and something matched for this watch! Would love to see a photo of yours next time you rock that combo though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBD View Post
Quality is great, but on my bb steel I could not get a comfortable fit due to lack of adjustability, and that was a big reason I sold it. No half links and only three adjustment slots doesn't cut it, imo.
Exactly what I don't want to happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
I'd buy the bracelet; I love the bracelet on my BB Blue ETA. It's well made, and second only the Rolex bracelets IMO.
Thanks for input - I think I'll take a look at one of the BBs in the AD next time I'm passing...
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 10:23 AM   #16
AJM914
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
The bracelet is awesome on the GMT. Iv been debating about getting a rubber b but now i really love the bracelet look and feel.
Old 25 February 2020, 10:42 AM   #17
GCarSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126234 White/Roman
I have a GMT that I purchased second hand that came 3 Tudor straps: Bracelet, Leather, and Nato.

I primarily wear it on the bracelet, which is my favorite. It is a normal BB bracelet without the rivets, as the person I bought it from didn't like them. I don't think I'd mind the rivets, but I'm very happy with the bracelet I have. I would say definitely go for it.

The leather is nice to change it up sometimes and to add a little bit of color. I have an aftermarket deployant clasp that isn't that great. I will buy the OEM deployant at some point.

I've never worn it on the NATO, tbh. I've worn other watches on Natos, but it isn't really my thing unless I'm diving or something.

Hope that helps!
GCarSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 10:50 AM   #18
lacroix
"TRF" Member

Great bracelet but hate (with passion) the rivets, very tacky IMHO!
lacroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 10:56 AM   #19
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Love the rivet bracelet on my BB GMT. The stair step taper really captures the vintage feel. You barely notice the rivets when worn. Solid construction, nice attention to detail on the clasp, and it provides a nice balance with the watch. The 3 micro adjustments work fine for me.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3E7BB07-E18E-4729-BF44-EAB6A5662F94.jpeg (209.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpeg 122CC1E2-394A-4259-B0D1-E8E54A288CE7.jpeg (167.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpeg DA8B5E5F-2AAB-4D58-8A0C-2023F06096FE.jpeg (133.3 KB, 98 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote