The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2020, 07:01 AM   #61
HNS
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Why?

What is less desirable about the 3135 movement?
It's not technical undesirability per se, its consumer reaction.

Some want the new movement for the extra reserve or efficiency or for whatever reason, others would be afraid about spare parts in the future. Others may be worried about market value of the 3135. All of that is legit, it's their money. YMMV

The 3135 was in production since 1988. The number of watches running this movement should be huge, making way for a lucrative business model to service these watches in the future for or beyond 20 -25 years. At least it's logical to assume that. Rolex, in the end, is a business.

I doubt that we or our inheritors will have a problem servicing these watches after 20-25 years. And if Rolex stops producing spare parts, other generic part retailers will fill the void like Esslinger.

The question is how true is the complaint- circulating on many boards- that Rolex service centers sometimes refuse to service watches over 25 years and ask you to buy a new watch instead. I've heard and read this many times. This was never a concern in the 70's and 80's.

cheers
HNS is offline   Reply With Quote