The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 July 2008, 02:03 PM   #1
tanndonn
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP II, 243, PO
Oyster Bracelet Sizing

I know most of you salty members are probably tired of this question, but as a new Explorer II owner and this being my first Rolex, how loose should the bracelet be sized? I had it sized at the Dallas RSC and it sets perfectly square on the top of my wrist, but after wearing it for a week something tells me to wear it a bit looser, by adjusting minutely on the clasp. Should a finger be able to slide between the bracelet and arm?
tanndonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
MikeV
Banned

Watch: GMTIIc
you may get alot of different answers...too tight not comfy, too loose you will stretch the bracelet. When all is said and done, I say what ever feels the most comfortable. If it feels loose then try that micro adj. and see how you feel in a week.
MikeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2008, 05:41 PM   #3
what3ver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanndonn View Post
I know most of you salty members are probably tired of this question, but as a new Explorer II owner and this being my first Rolex, how loose should the bracelet be sized? I had it sized at the Dallas RSC and it sets perfectly square on the top of my wrist, but after wearing it for a week something tells me to wear it a bit looser, by adjusting minutely on the clasp. Should a finger be able to slide between the bracelet and arm?
I like to be able to put my pinky between the clasp and my wrist, but that's me. Any tighter and my wrists swells up sometimes and ROLEX is branded in the bottom of my wrist.

BTW, I love the adjustment feature on the new GMTIIc, wish my SUB had that! Does the Explorer have it?
what3ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
Snug but not tight. A finger is too much for me. Stretches that bracelet of the watch head slides around, and the winding does not work as well. So comfortably snug is my choice. It is not "jewellery" that moves about on the wrist.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote