The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 March 2021, 09:04 AM   #91
TradingLoss
Banned

Watch: Kamasu
I gave Apple 2 years, then I went back to Samsung.

I want my 2 years back.
TradingLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 09:10 AM   #92
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Oh the irony on a Rolex watch forum
Trust me, I am no "Rolex or nothing" watch enthusiast.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
zengineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 09:24 AM   #93
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradingLoss View Post
I gave Apple 2 years, then I went back to Samsung.

I want my 2 years back.
This is me.
Apple is a substandard system but as a company it has developed the ability to persuade people that "different" means "better".
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2021, 08:09 PM   #94
bitt3n
"TRF" Member

I differentiate their phones from their computers. I've been using the same Macbook since 2012, dropped it more than once, and it still works fine. The walled-garden approach they apply to iOS on the other hand has kept me from ever buying one of their phones.
bitt3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 07:16 AM   #95
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
I differentiate their phones from their computers. I've been using the same Macbook since 2012, dropped it more than once, and it still works fine. The walled-garden approach they apply to iOS on the other hand has kept me from ever buying one of their phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
This is me.
Apple is a substandard system but as a company it has developed the ability to persuade people that "different" means "better".
https://www.macrumors.com/2021/03/14...ncognito-mode/

https://www.macworld.com/article/361...macos-ios.html

Not much else to say.

But many are fine being the product, not the customer. And many disregard the 60% of resale in year two versus 0%, and think Apple is "expensive". Penny wise.

There are PLENTY of customers who will sacrifice ANYTHING to save a buck, and plenty of contrarians who will sacrifice ANYTHING to access 'warez' or to control the color of the system font, etc.
CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 07:34 AM   #96
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashGap View Post
But many are fine being the product, not the customer. And many disregard the 60% of resale in year two versus 0%, and think Apple is "expensive". Penny wise.
Although I own an iPhone, it is obvious from your statement that you have never tried to sell a 2 year old flagship Samsung Phone, it probably wouldn't reach 60% but nor would an iPhone, I just checked mine (iPhone 11 Pro Max) and it would sell for £470 which is less than 50%. A Samsung Galaxy of the same age sells for just under 40%, which is a lot more than 0%. I can understand your love for Apple products but by spouting false information, it does your argument no good whatsoever, in fact, it weakens it.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 07:39 AM   #97
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Although I own an iPhone, it is obvious from your statement that you have never tried to sell a 2 year old flagship Samsung Phone, it probably wouldn't reach 60% but nor would an iPhone, I just checked mine (iPhone 11 Pro Max) and it would sell for £470 which is less than 50%. A Samsung Galaxy of the same age sells for just under 40%, which is a lot more than 0. I can understand your love for Apple products but by spouting false information, it does your argument no good whatsoever, in fact, it weakens it.
A fraction of android phones are made by Samsung. 100% of iPhones are made by Apple.

Most Android phones are throwaways, price point garbage. But the market has a buyer for every product. Android's dominance of the third world and the bottom third of the first world is unquestioned. The only arguments are "Because Cheaper!" or "I can run my Warez" or "I ***NEED*** to change my font color because I am a power user!".

McDonald's trounces Ruth's Chris in every market they share. Obviously, superior suppliers of beef.

You did not mention Google's tendency to sell their user data to the highest bidder?
CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 07:50 AM   #98
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashGap View Post
A fraction of android phones are made by Samsung. 100% of iPhones are made by Apple.

Most Android phones are throwaways, price point garbage. But the market has a buyer for every product. Android's dominance of the third world and the bottom third of the first world is unquestioned. The only two arguments are "Because Cheaper!" or "I can run my Warez" or "I ***NEED*** to change my font color because I am a power user!".

McDonald's trounces Ruth's Chris in every market they share. Obviously, superior suppliers of beef.
So you are not comparing flagship phone to flagship phone? That figures. But back to your initial post, 0% resale to try and make your point. Really?

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 04:14 AM   #99
Tommyk
"TRF" Member

I know 2 people personally who worked in direct contact with Steve Jobs when designing the first iPhone and the iterations after. I can say with some confidence of their own experiences that the intention for elitism wasnt there in the boardroom but manifested over the years as the customers developed a cult-like attitude towards the product. When Jobs passed and Tim Crook took over is when this accelerated massively. Tim was an operations guy who really was the right guy at the time in the early 2000's and cemented himself as a savior due to supply chain changes and the success of the Apple store.

Either way, my point is like what a previous post said "the inmates are running the asylum". They have way too many employees "managing" everything but hire people on their groupthink dedication towards Apple being the one and only brand you should consider.
Now with covid restrictions customer service accross almost all industries has gone rock bottom. Bottom level employees have become arrogant and abusive toward patrons because of their resentment towards the status quo and their new power given to them by the circumstances of covid. They see them selves as front line workers who are victims of the moment and if you dont follow their rules, then you my friend are out of line in their eyes.
Just my $.02
Tommyk is offline   Reply With Quote