The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 16 February 2015, 11:35 PM   #61
Vietnam special vet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner in Blue
Icon12 Wow..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnam special vet View Post
I just purchased the New Blue Rolex Sub. as a birthday, gift for myself, and it truly is, a thing of beauty, I purchased the two tone model, and I just cant stop admireing, the beauty of it.........
I did exactley the same thing, as I"m approaching a big birthday, and I"ve always wanted a Rolex Sub, in Sunburst Blue in the two tone........
Vietnam special vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2015, 06:17 AM   #62
DrThom
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Agree with others on this thread.
TT sub or subC go with blue, hands down.
If you want black, go with the GMT IIC, looks incredible.
Btw, I have both, wife loves the black TT GMT IIC.
Something about the 16613 though, always loved that watch!
DrThom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2015, 08:53 AM   #63
Eric Chan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrThom View Post
Agree with others on this thread.
TT sub or subC go with blue, hands down.
If you want black, go with the GMT IIC, looks incredible.
Btw, I have both, wife loves the black TT GMT IIC.
Something about the 16613 though, always loved that watch!
Cannot agree more. No disrespect to owners of the 116610 LN, but blue just goes so well with the Submariner.

I would totally go this route. TT Blue Sub and TT Black GMT.
Old 28 February 2015, 10:59 PM   #64
Vietnam special vet
"TRF" Member

BLUE..........The Bling factor, is just amazing........as well as the sunburst ray beauty of the most elegant, and most sought after watch in the world...
Old 28 February 2015, 11:00 PM   #65
Vietnam special vet
"TRF" Member

Icon20 So whats blue??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnam special vet View Post
BLUE..........The Bling factor, is just amazing........as well as the sunburst ray beauty of the most elegant, and most sought after watch in the world...
Old 8 March 2015, 08:38 PM   #66
fisherman79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Black for me:

fisherman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2015, 10:17 PM   #67
Vietnam special vet
"TRF" Member

Icon12 Blue should be for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3du View Post
Hi, SubC 2tone black dial or blue sunburst? Please help me.. Tq
Theres nothing as beautiful, as a blue sub.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (210.5 KB, 1027 views)
Old 26 March 2015, 01:53 PM   #68
Tebow15
Banned

Got mine today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.7 KB, 1004 views)
Tebow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2015, 12:07 PM   #69
dadonn2
"TRF" Member

Blue first and then add a tt GMT later if you're feeling it. The GMT is preferable in black IMHO. Love the little green second hand. That said, I own the blue but not the GMT...yet.
dadonn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2015, 01:03 AM   #70
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonn2 View Post
Blue first and then add a tt GMT later if you're feeling it. The GMT is preferable in black IMHO. Love the little green second hand. That said, I own the blue but not the GMT...yet.
Absolutely, and what I did.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2015, 02:56 AM   #71
eric319
"TRF" Member

I lean toward the black combo these days. Aren't there two slightly different blues out there? The first cerachroms were a slightly lighter blue, right?
eric319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2015, 05:44 AM   #72
dominic.warren
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor LHD
I've owned both and for me the blue was better. I only have a black one now. I will get a blue again. But on the behalf of the black lovers I see a lot less black ones on other wrists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.1 KB, 921 views)
dominic.warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2015, 08:53 AM   #73
carwash66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor
They are both are very nice.
I have a TT 16803 in black and a TT 16613 in blue.
I purchased both new from a local AD a long time ago. The blue has been my favorite for a long time. It would be hard to choose which I would keep at this point.
carwash66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2015, 10:08 AM   #74
ralpie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric319 View Post
I lean toward the black combo these days. Aren't there two slightly different blues out there? The first cerachroms were a slightly lighter blue, right?
The early ceramic Subs were a flat blue, now they're a sunburst blue. I love both. This is one of the few 2 tone watches I'd wear.
ralpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2015, 04:39 PM   #75
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkins View Post
I'm a newbie looking to purchase a new two tone Submariner and I can't make up my mind as to a conservative black or the new sunburst blue dial. My wife claims the bright blue dial would make me look like a pimp! Thoughts guys?
Had the TT blue and wasn't for me. Felt like I had a disco ball on my wrist. I like a more subtle piece. If I did another TT I would def go black dial.
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 09:46 PM   #76
amvd
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
I prefere blue sunburst for a sub and black for gmt
amvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2015, 03:01 AM   #77
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
If you want to be amazed every time you look at your watch or timepiece, then go Blue!!!
I recently bought the new sunburst blue dial and can't stop admiring the different shades of the dial and also the new C bezel itself !!! Have any of you other new 2015 bluesy owners noticed the bezel changes shades of blue and bluish purple as well with different lighting ?
Absolutely amazing .... But then black is black and pretty much black during day and black during the night ...
You'll know what shade it will be when you look at it !!! It's elegant as well because it's a Rolex but for me it's a no brainer.... Bluesy all the way!!!!
Here's my new bluesy in stunning daylight action !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (125.9 KB, 858 views)
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2015, 11:07 PM   #78
CK_
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 Submariner
I'd love to get some feedback from blue dial owners. Specifically, I would like to know about the versatility of it as a daily wearer with different types of dress and colours, for that matter. Is there ever a time that it doesn't go with something or looks out of place? Casual wear? Work suits? Maybe even formal wear?

I prefer the pop of the blue dial compared to the black however, I just don't know how much I would like it in the long term and may choose the black dial as a safe choice.

Your 2 cents is appreciated. Thank you.
CK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2015, 04:40 AM   #79
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ View Post
I'd love to get some feedback from blue dial owners. Specifically, I would like to know about the versatility of it as a daily wearer with different types of dress and colours, for that matter. Is there ever a time that it doesn't go with something or looks out of place? Casual wear? Work suits? Maybe even formal wear?

I prefer the pop of the blue dial compared to the black however, I just don't know how much I would like it in the long term and may choose the black dial as a safe choice.

Your 2 cents is appreciated. Thank you.
The blue subC, 2 tone, is for me the most beautiful watch ever made. My feedback is: the watch works perfectly with jeans, shorts, suit, slacks, business casual.. I ever wear it while walking the dog (a bit overkill). I have found this watch to be EXTREMELY versatile. I have worn it to dinners, weddings, receptions,..perhaps it's all about the wearer, but I have a Vacheron Historique that is "dressy" or has been designated as a "dress watch" by experts.. I wear the SubC to the same places/occassions and have never felt out of place. I have work the blue SubC to business meetings. People don't often compliment any watch I wear, and haven't commented or complimented the BlueSub, but I think if it stood out negatively, I'd be able to read people easily enough to know.

The Blue dial is the nicest dial I've ever seen. The reason I love it is the light brings out green, blue, and it often even looks black to me depending on lighting conditions. The gold accents make the blue "pop" nicely without being tacky.

My suggestion would be to grab a used one at half the price of a new. I have the new bracelet/clasp and adore it. I actually adjust my watch daily, or throughout the day and find the new clasp quite ingenious. The older models with the old bracelets are half the price and have the same appeal visually, to me. In any case, the blue dial absolutely works and the great thing is not everyone has a blue sub. A lot of guys would be too scared to for the blue or perhaps financially it's a gamble too.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2015, 07:04 AM   #80
blah114
Banned

I posted a reply, but it's being approved by moderators, for some strange reason. Anyway, the blue works perfectly with casual, suits, tie, shorts, jeans, all across the board. I've worn the 2 tone blue dial for every occasion.. I even walk the dog wearing it just to keep it wound. I find it amazingly versatile. I have a Vacheron dress watch on leather strap that I wear as a "dress watch.." I find myself almost never wearing the Vacheron anymore.. instead favoring the SubC Blue dial... it's mesmerizing.. sometimes, it's black, other times, green.. other times blue.. the dial truly changes colors without EVER being garish.
Old 26 June 2015, 07:48 AM   #81
CK_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
I posted a reply, but it's being approved by moderators, for some strange reason. Anyway, the blue works perfectly with casual, suits, tie, shorts, jeans, all across the board. I've worn the 2 tone blue dial for every occasion.. I even walk the dog wearing it just to keep it wound. I find it amazingly versatile. I have a Vacheron dress watch on leather strap that I wear as a "dress watch.." I find myself almost never wearing the Vacheron anymore.. instead favoring the SubC Blue dial... it's mesmerizing.. sometimes, it's black, other times, green.. other times blue.. the dial truly changes colors without EVER being garish.
Thank you for your input and coincidentally, the same thing happened to me yesterday. Must be a first post thing.
Old 26 June 2015, 08:08 AM   #82
blah114
Banned

what was surprising to me was the Hulk subc didn't quite "pop" the way the blue dial does... perhaps it's the gold accents... not sure. I wasn't nearly as impressed with the Hulk Sub as with the blue and I love green as a color!
Old 26 June 2015, 10:37 AM   #83
hchj
"TRF" Member

Blue sunburst dial... i love my newly attained 16613lb to bits
hchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2015, 08:47 AM   #84
5150XF
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN, 18238
BLUESY FOR ME!

5150XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2015, 10:42 AM   #85
CAL3135
"TRF" Member

I'm not a huge fan of the 2-tones, mostly because yellow gold just doesn't suite me, but if I were to own one it would be the black. This is one damn sexy watch!
CAL3135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2015, 01:48 AM   #86
CK_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
what was surprising to me was the Hulk subc didn't quite "pop" the way the blue dial does... perhaps it's the gold accents... not sure. I wasn't nearly as impressed with the Hulk Sub as with the blue and I love green as a color!
I went and tried on the SubC range yesterday, including the Hulk, and the Hulk didn't do anything for me either.

Quick impression about the two-tone models as it was the first time I was able to try on both models at the same time... what impressed me about the blue two-tone, is it didn't look quite as two-tone as the black did. For some reason the blue seems to tone down the yellow gold and work more homogeneously with the stainless steel. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a bluesy.
Old 17 July 2015, 03:53 PM   #87
Ste_J
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman79 View Post
Black for me:

I don't like PCL and I'm not keen on the cyclops, but I'd sure as hell wear that! Looks great.
Ste_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2015, 11:06 AM   #88
lesgold
"TRF" Member

Blue
lesgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2015, 12:57 AM   #89
KeithP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK 126900/SM 300M
Black all day every day. The blue is a thing of beauty, but it just screams its presence from the wrist. The black whispers.
KeithP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2015, 06:16 AM   #90
blah114
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ View Post
I went and tried on the SubC range yesterday, including the Hulk, and the Hulk didn't do anything for me either.

Quick impression about the two-tone models as it was the first time I was able to try on both models at the same time... what impressed me about the blue two-tone, is it didn't look quite as two-tone as the black did. For some reason the blue seems to tone down the yellow gold and work more homogeneously with the stainless steel. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a bluesy.
I love my 2 tone, for sure.. really, there's no wrong choice. I had the chance to compare, side by side, the older 2 tone model, blue, to the new. The dial changed recently, per the AD. even with the new clasp, the "old' blue dial doesn't shimmer the way the new blue does. I am curious to hear when the dial changed.. I've heard the new dial called the Smurf dial.. mine is a 2015 and there's quite a difference between the old blue and new blue, when side by side.