The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 26 September 2017, 06:13 AM   #91
oneilchris555
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
They are both Swiss made straps.

It's personal preference. I have a larger wrist and the shape of Everest contours to my wrist way better than Rubber B does. I still have my Rubber B strap, so comparing it to Everest is easy for me. Overall, I prefer the shape and buttery soft rubber that Everest uses. Rubber B was a bit too stiff for me.

You would think that if they were swiss made they would stamp that onto their straps. Just my 2 cents.
oneilchris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 10:44 AM   #92
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

I am thinking of getting a rubber strap for my Deepsea. I have read every thread on the subject and have seen this come up on pretty much on every Everest - RubberB thread.

pored over their website and repeatedly saw 'Swiss made'. hmmmm

so, thinking that there might be some advertising hocus pocus I sent an email today to Everest customer service....

me:
hi,
are the rubber straps and buckles you make for the rolex deepsea entirely manufactured and assembled in Switzerland?

Everest customer service replied right back:
John,
Yes - they are entirely made in Switzerland.

me:
Thanks for the quick response.
Forgot to ask.....are the springbars swiss made, too?
Thank you

Everest:
Yes. The spring bars are SwissMade as well.

I understand liking one product over another for various reasons and certainly was looking for just that kind of information, but the made in china thing is untrue. They are Swiss made.
I feel both have many pros and few cons and havent decided which way to go.
Johnnymiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 01:39 PM   #93
Pattyb69
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR | SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymiz View Post
I am thinking of getting a rubber strap for my Deepsea. I have read every thread on the subject and have seen this come up on pretty much on every Everest - RubberB thread.

so, thinking that there might be some advertising hocus pocus I sent an email today to Everest customer service....

me:
hi,
are the rubber straps and buckles you make for the rolex deepsea entirely manufactured and assembled in Switzerland?

John,

me:
Thank you

Everest:

I understand liking one product over another for various reasons and certainly was looking for just that kind of information, but the made in china thing is untrue. They are Swiss made.
Do what I did and look at both. I chose Everest because I like the feel better. Its softer. The DSSD designs between the two brands are completely different. Not sure what you prefer, but I'm not a huge fan of how the Rubber B strap flares out underneath the lugs. Looks a bit off to me
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 08:49 PM   #94
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

I HAVE looked at both (and Isofrane and the other non-OEM looking ones) repeatedly. I think I have read every review and comparison 10x.
they both look well made but from different design standpoints.
I think I like the flare of the RB but I don't like the fact that there are only 7 holes for adjustment compared to the 9 on the Everest....it would suck to be in between holes, but I think there is room and I'm sure I could punch a hole in between if I had to. also, the Everest has the screw together buckle compared to the springbar one on the RB. will those 2 things make a difference? I don't know.
then there's the OEM clasp version of the RB... I really like that. it looks like the whole package was Rolex made. but there's the issue of taking apart the bracelet every time I would switch. it isn't that I can't do it.. I can, and very easily... it is just that it may be a pain in the butt.
and also the drastic taper from the flared top to the much narrower clasp.
really, too many choices and I have to sht or get off the pot at some point and just pick one.
Old 27 September 2017, 02:45 AM   #95
Pattyb69
2017 Pledge Member

Quote:
I HAVE looked at both (and Isofrane and the other non-OEM looking ones) repeatedly. I think I have read every review and comparison 10x.
they both look well made but from different design standpoints.
I think I like the flare of the RB but I don't like the fact that there are only 7 holes for adjustment compared to the 9 on the Everest....it would suck to be in between holes, but I think there is room and I'm sure I could punch a hole in between if I had to. also, the Everest has the screw together buckle compared to the springbar one on the RB. will those 2 things make a difference? I don't know.
then there's the OEM clasp version of the RB... I really like that. it looks like the whole package was Rolex made. but there's the issue of taking apart the bracelet every time I would switch. it isn't that I can't do it.. I can, and very easily... it is just that it may be a pain in the butt.
and also the drastic taper from the flared top to the much narrower clasp.
really, too many choices and I have to sht or get off the pot at some point and just pick one.
Sounds like you've researched to the point where its making your head spin lol.

I own both kinds of rubber straps- deployant and tang buckle. This year my deployant straps have been collecting dust. If you plan to switch it up often, you won't feel like disassembling the bracelet every single time you do a strap change. It only makes sense if you keep the strap set up that way for an extended period of time. I have ADD and change my straps too often where tang buckle is the way for me.
Old 27 September 2017, 03:03 AM   #96
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Hulk
Quote:

me:
hi,

John,

me:
Thank you

Everest:

The country of manufacture is not listed on the actual product. Why doesn't everest mark their rubber straps swiss made like rubber b does in all of theirs?? They can tell you all kinds of bs they want to, but facts are facts. My 2 cents.
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 04:11 AM   #97
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

pattyb, the research is more than half the fun.
although I like the OEM look of the clasp, I will probably get the tang buckle version for just that reason. However, about 5 years ago I 'tried' a nato strap on my breitling superocean pro and never put the bracelet back on. I wore that nato out and replaced it with a Zulu strap.
the DSSD bracelet is too nice to leave in the drawer, though

maximillian, I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the united states (Everest is in St Louis, Missouri) , if someone in an official company email on official company letterhead tells you a product is 100% made in Switzerland, it IS 100% made in Switzerland. THAT is the fact.
Old 27 September 2017, 05:09 AM   #98
Jenkinscc
"TRF" Member

I like rubber on my Sea-Dweller. Mine is a Rubber B though.

I've also heard too that the rubber at everest is not swiss made but that their leather actually is is. So who knows?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SeaDweller Chris Jenkins.jpg (87.7 KB, 164 views)
Jenkinscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 07:28 AM   #99
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

hahahahah ok, I give up.

nice pic, tho
Old 27 September 2017, 07:40 AM   #100
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do what I did and look at both. I chose Everest because I like the feel better. Its softer. The DSSD designs between the two brands are completely different. Not sure what you prefer, but I'm not a huge fan of how the Rubber B strap flares out underneath the lugs. Looks a bit off to me
That's the only reason I buy the Rubber B for a DSSD and not any other rubber strap for any other watch! I feel without the flaring out, the watch case looks awkward.

imperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2017, 01:06 AM   #101
Pattyb69
2017 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
That's the only reason I buy the Rubber B for a DSSD and not any other rubber strap for any other watch! I feel without the flaring out, the watch case looks awkward.

Whatever makes you happy! Thats what makes this hobby great. Different strokes for different folks. Wear it in good health!
Old 28 September 2017, 01:57 AM   #102
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whatever makes you happy! Thats what makes this hobby great. Different strokes for different folks. Wear it in good health!
Old 29 September 2017, 05:04 AM   #103
luvan12
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The velcro rubber b is my favorite. I've had my RB for a couple of years now on my submariner. It really bought my old sub back to life. Super comfy when I'm playing golf.
luvan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2017, 11:51 PM   #104
Pattyb69
2017 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvan12 View Post
The velcro rubber b is my favorite. I've had my RB for a couple of years now on my submariner. It really bought my old sub back to life. Super comfy when I'm playing golf.
I'm not sure if this is true but a watchmaker once told me that Golf is one of the worst things you can be doing when wearing your watch. He said the impact of the club hitting the ground sends the shock to the watch and can cause the movement screws to loosen and it may result in damage.
Old 30 September 2017, 06:20 AM   #105
drosen1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is true but a watchmaker once told me that Golf is one of the worst things you can be doing when wearing your watch. He said the impact of the club hitting the ground sends the shock to the watch and can cause the movement screws to loosen and it may result in damage.

Mmmm, that does sound interesting but I myself have a couple friends who take their Rolex out to play golf together and their watches work perfectly fine.

May be true for others though, just speaking on personal experience.
drosen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2017, 04:43 AM   #106
Pattyb69
2017 Pledge Member

Decided to try a bit of mix and match with my Everest straps today.

Old 1 October 2017, 06:40 AM   #107
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Decided to try a bit of mix and match with my Everest straps today.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 October 2017, 01:52 AM   #108
carava501
"TRF" Member

RB is the best IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: png Small.png (190.6 KB, 121 views)
carava501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2017, 03:53 AM   #109
BentleyReese
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: YachtMaster 116622
Great review. Looks like Everest seems to have more utility mixing form and function.
BentleyReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2017, 05:17 AM   #110
c_robbs
"TRF" Member

Was never really a rubber strap kind of guy but RB is the exception. Not a big fan of Everest TBH.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 12.13.50 PM.png (225.2 KB, 100 views)
c_robbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2017, 03:29 AM   #111
KRVNRCH
2017 Pledge Member

Watch: 42mm Explorer 2 B
Quote:
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks awesome!
KRVNRCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2017, 05:49 AM   #112
Leeq
"TRF" Member

Agreed. Rubber B takes the cake. Everest is too bulky, flares out too much, and feels synthetic imo.

Love my RB on my YM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lee Quinton.jpg (67.3 KB, 117 views)
Leeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 02:19 AM   #113
chris nyc
2017 Pledge Member

totally confused now.... both look good!
Rolex DSSD - SOLD
Rolex TT Sub, Sunburst Blue - In Use
chris nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 04:22 AM   #114
chris nyc
2017 Pledge Member

Turns out a local AD carries the Everest straps. So i've decided to check one out in person... thanks for all the feedback.
Rolex DSSD - SOLD
Rolex TT Sub, Sunburst Blue - In Use
chris nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 10:56 AM   #115
mineral
"TRF" Member

I chose the Everest too as it us softer and extremely comfortable to wear. Just installed it on my yatch maste4 and love the look.