"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Priceless - own one or all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2019, 05:55 AM   #33
Watch Expert
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT
Looking at the pictures, I really do think , if someone omits the Patek Philipe label from the picture through editing, or just covered the Patek label with your thumb and look at the pictures; I would call these watches piece of shit. You must have brain damage to buy 3 of these. Rolex Daytona walked all over Naughtylus.

Naughtylus price is massive bubble and very speculative if you purchase premium in used market ,
The Vacheron Overseas and Piaget bubble burst in 1980s ; and Frank Muller / PAM bubble also burst in 2000 so will Naughtylus and RM next.
Old 20 November 2019, 06:03 AM   #34
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Expert View Post
Looking at the pictures, I really do think , if someone omits the Patek Philipe label from the picture through editing, or just covered the Patek with your thumb; I would call this watch a piece of shit. You must have brain damage to buy 3 of these. Rolex Daytona walked all over Naughtylus.
Old 20 November 2019, 06:20 AM   #35
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Looking at the pictures, I really do think , if someone omits the Patek Philipe label from the picture through editing, or just covered the Patek label with your thumb and look at the pictures; I would call these watches piece of shit. You must have brain damage to buy 3 of these. Rolex Daytona walked all over Naughtylus.
All 5 posts regarding how much you hate the Nautilus......

What about the Aquanaut......???

Love to hear how much you hate them too......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
Old 20 November 2019, 06:26 AM   #36
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Naughtylus price is massive bubble and very speculative if you purchase premium in used market ,
The Vacheron Overseas and Piaget bubble burst in 1980s ; and Frank Muller / PAM bubble also burst in 2000 so will Naughtylus and RM next.
I think the hand finishing of the movement and case and bracelet are in a completely different league. It's like defending the Rolex Daytona over a Grand Seiko - you cover the Rolex name and the GS wins in pretty much every category.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Most would agree that both the Ceramic Daytonas and the 5711s are overpriced currently by objective means, however I think calling either of them "pieces of shit" is unreasonable. Sounds like hate to me. I think unless you've had the pleasure of ownership and enjoying it on your wrist for at least a month, your opinion is as good as any other of the 8 billion people on this planet.

I have had the distinct pleasure of owning all 3 at differing points in the past 2 years as well as a Two Tone 3700. These were great moments.

For me, I have a Zenith Daytona 16520 - the ceramic daytonas didn't do much for me. Beautiful yes but nothing special.
Old 20 November 2019, 06:31 AM   #37
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I think the hand finishing of the movement and case and bracelet are in a completely different league. It's like defending the Rolex Daytona over a Grand Seiko - you cover the Rolex name and the GS wins in pretty much every category.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Most would agree that both the Ceramic Daytonas and the 5711s are overpriced currently by objective means, however I think calling either of them "pieces of shit" is unreasonable. Sounds like hate to me. I think unless you've had the pleasure of ownership and enjoying it on your wrist for at least a month, your opinion is as good as any other of the 8 billion people on this planet.

I have had the distinct pleasure of owning all 3 at differing points in the past 2 years as well as a Two Tone 3700. These were great moments.

For me, I have a Zenith Daytona 16520 - the ceramic daytonas didn't do much for me. Beautiful yes but nothing special.

Here’s the Zenith pretending to be an aquanaut.

Old 20 November 2019, 06:33 AM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I hear everything is getting nationalized. Fun times
Jezza really does sound like he wants to go hard red, but hopefully that will put off enough people so we finally get a Majority in the House and then can get things done in this country again.
Old 20 November 2019, 07:19 AM   #39
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Jezza really does sound like he wants to go hard red, but hopefully that will put off enough people so we finally get a Majority in the House and then can get things done in this country again.

Feels unlikely. Not sure things got any better tonight!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 20 November 2019, 07:28 AM   #40
Mr Naultilus
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Feels unlikely. Not sure things got any better tonight!

He just needs to bring Diane Abbott out to say something stupid then we should be back on track

or alternatively employ WATCH EXPERT
Old 20 November 2019, 07:30 AM   #41
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Naughtylusprice is massive bubble and very speculative if you purchase premium in used market ,
I hope Santa puts me on the “Naughtylist”.
Old 20 November 2019, 07:31 AM   #42
chunkythebulldog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Naultilus View Post
He just needs to bring Diane Abbott out to say something stupid then we should be back on track

or alternatively employ WATCH EXPERT
What Patek need to do to really cash in is design a watch that shows a 4 day working week as a complication God help us all if that clown and his cronies get in.
Old 20 November 2019, 08:47 AM   #43
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
What Patek need to do to really cash in is design a watch that shows a 4 day working week as a complication God help us all if that clown and his cronies get in.
God help us if either of those idiots gets in.

Unfortunately I think it likely.
Old 20 November 2019, 08:50 AM   #44
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Rarely has a username been more ill matched.
Old 20 November 2019, 08:55 AM   #45
vtsyrlin
"TRF" Member

Love your Zenith bearxj86, but don't be shy and post the picture of the watchbox in the background?
Would love to see what makes you "tick" on the daily basis :)

Quote:
Here’s the Zenith pretending to be an aquanaut.

Old 20 November 2019, 08:59 AM   #46
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:

A point of clarification too:

The 5711R was purchased new from my AD without tax. This was when the R traded only about $5-$10k over retail.

The 5711A white was purchased pre-owned above the then MSRP but below the the current MSRP.

My current 5711 blue was purchased new from my AD without tax.

This brain damage you speak of, I must admit I want more of it.
Old 20 November 2019, 09:14 AM   #47
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:

The 5711R was purchased new from my AD without tax. This was when the R traded only about $5-$10k over retail.

The 5711A white was purchased pre-owned above the then MSRP but below the the current MSRP.

I'll take some of that brain damage too, please! Good job on the trio!
Old 20 November 2019, 09:59 AM   #48
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Comparing a Rolex to a Patek?
Lol great chat buddy.

Quote:

Old 20 November 2019, 10:20 AM   #49
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post

i could not agree more. an unreal muppet show with a very serious backdrop.
Old 20 November 2019, 10:52 AM   #50
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:

Ha Mr self appointed “watch expert” has much to learn . I couldn’t be more pleased w my white 5711 that I purchased from a gray for 26 k three years ago -wish I had bought 10 of them!! My 5711R I bought at retail no tax is gorgeous and I could always make a profit on it ! Much to Mr experts dismay! I have never sold or traded a Patek I didn’t make money on and don’t plan to. As to his statement they are a piece of s—- , just shows how very little he knows about fine timepieces - comparing them to a Frank Mueller- really ?? Not sure why a person would be so nasty- everyone is entitled to an opinion but sometimes a little restraint is in order . Thanks Jin :-)
Old 20 November 2019, 10:43 PM   #51
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This guy should be running in the election, he's well qualified.
Old 20 November 2019, 10:49 PM   #52
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Old 20 November 2019, 10:56 PM   #53
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
All 5 posts regarding how much you hate the Nautilus......

What about the Aquanaut......???

Love to hear how much you hate them too......

It is a troll account that I have already reported
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 21 November 2019, 12:30 AM   #54
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Will he make it to the end of the week before being banned

Quote:

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Old 21 November 2019, 12:47 AM   #55
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
“We”? You mean the serial criminal Boris and his neo-UKIP posse?

I have no love for Jezza, but a “Tory” majority (and I use that very very loosely as this lot are not Tories by any stretch of the imagination) would be an unmitigated disaster for this country. A hung parliament please. And preferably Boris and his Vote Leave sheisters off to jail for their continuous attempts to subvert democracy.

For shame if you are happy to throw your lot in with them. No number of Nautilii will cleanse your soul.
Old 21 November 2019, 02:17 AM   #56
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
“We”? You mean the serial criminal Boris and his neo-UKIP posse?

I have no love for Jezza, but a “Tory” majority (and I use that very very loosely as this lot are not Tories by any stretch of the imagination) would be an unmitigated disaster for this country. A hung parliament please. And preferably Boris and his Vote Leave sheisters off to jail for their continuous attempts to subvert democracy.

For shame if you are happy to throw your lot in with them. No number of Nautilii will cleanse your soul.
I was talking We the people, and that the referendum result must be respected or defeated with a clear mandate, regardless of whether you are remain or leave.

And political talk in any depth is not allowed here and certainly casting any aspersion on anyone for how they may vote is way out of line, so don't go there again.
Old 21 November 2019, 02:22 AM   #57
locutus49
Banned

We are watching the 3rd season of Crown. The year 1964 and Wilson becomes PM. New actors for both the queen and her hubby. I liked Claire Foy and Matt Smith.

Quote:

Old 21 November 2019, 02:24 AM   #58
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
We are watching the 3rd season of Crown. The year 1964 and Wilson becomes PM. New actors for both the queen and her hubby. I liked Claire Foy and Matt Smith.
Do you like Olivia Colman? I've just seen her in Fleabag and can't imagine her as the Queen, she must have some range. She is good in the Favourite.
Old 21 November 2019, 02:34 AM   #59
locutus49
Banned

Yes I do. She has big shoes to fill and is doing fine so far. I prefer Matt to the current husband though.

Quote:
Do you like Olivia Colman? I've just seen her in Fleabag and can't imagine her as the Queen, she must have some range. She is good in the Favourite.
Old 21 November 2019, 02:41 AM   #60
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Yes I do. She has big shoes to fill and is doing fine so far. I prefer Matt to the current husband though.
I see it is Tobias Menzies, that is a strange choice. Olivia's best work is still Broadchurch, became the nation's sweetheart after that epic first series.
Closed Thread