The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 July 2018, 01:47 PM   #1
FlyingSnoopyBWD
"TRF" Member

Question about a Flying Snoopy Bamford

Does anyone truly have an idea of the value on a Flying Snoopy Bamford Rolex. BWD was sold years ago, the Flying Snoopy is extremely rare, only 25 were commissioned to be made and less were actually made. The watch had a sticker price of about 22k.

At the end of the day it is just a PVD coated custom Date Just that has a Snoopy/Woodstock dial and hands, but I sort of love it and I am just curious about what people think the current value would be like. The watch doesn't have papers or the sweet doghouse box that was supposed to come with it. Supposedly was never made. I am able to get it from someone who knows someone who used to be an AD for BWD.

From what I know a PVD coated customized Rolex should tank in value. Can someone who truly has a decent idea give some input on the value of the Flying Snoopy from BWD.
Old 4 July 2018, 09:53 PM   #2
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSnoopyBWD View Post
Does anyone truly have an idea of the value on a Flying Snoopy Bamford Rolex. BWD was sold years ago, the Flying Snoopy is extremely rare, only 25 were commissioned to be made and less were actually made. The watch had a sticker price of about 22k.

At the end of the day it is just a PVD coated custom Date Just that has a Snoopy/Woodstock dial and hands, but I sort of love it and I am just curious about what people think the current value would be like. The watch doesn't have papers or the sweet doghouse box that was supposed to come with it. Supposedly was never made. I am able to get it from someone who knows someone who used to be an AD for BWD.

From what I know a PVD coated customized Rolex should tank in value. Can someone who truly has a decent idea give some input on the value of the Flying Snoopy from BWD.
Truly, I can't help. Why don't you google it, like everyone else will? Truly.

Are you buying or selling?

Yours, truly.
Old 5 July 2018, 01:04 AM   #3
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSnoopyBWD View Post

My gut feeling is that it is a bad move.

I have just seen a $100 **** from a cursory search for the watch.

Original invoice/paperwork/box accompanying a modded watch differentiates it from being a watch (possibly crap) that someone else buggered about with, in order for it to appear as this rare watch.

"Doghouse box supposedly was never made."

Whoever said that should not be trusted. It is clearly an irrational statement.

"I am able to get it from someone who knows someone who used to be an AD for BWD".

I can claim to know someone who claims to know someone who claims to have made the return trip to Neptune by Saucer.

Doesn't give anyone reason to believe it.
Old 5 July 2018, 04:24 AM   #4
FlyingSnoopyBWD
"TRF" Member

Google it? Have I not made it clear how rare this watch is? There was supposed to be 25 made, that were commissioned, and that didn't even happen, as BWD was sold like i said. I'll buy the watch for you if you can find it anywhere on the internet. Happy hunting lol.

When Bamford was sold all of the AD's were forced to return the watches back to BWD to be destroyed as part of a cease a desist. Bamford Rolexes can be rare as hell right now in terms of actually finding one. The value of that watch if you ever do find one is what I am trying to find out about.
Old 5 July 2018, 04:26 AM   #5
FlyingSnoopyBWD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
My gut feeling is that it is a bad move.

I have just seen a $100 **** from a cursory search for the watch.

Original invoice/paperwork/box accompanying a modded watch differentiates it from being a watch (possibly crap) that someone else buggered about with, in order for it to appear as this rare watch.

"Doghouse box supposedly was never made."

Whoever said that should not be trusted. It is clearly an irrational statement.

"I am able to get it from someone who knows someone who used to be an AD for BWD".

I can claim to know someone who claims to know someone who claims to have made the return trip to Neptune by Saucer.

Doesn't give anyone reason to believe it.
The watch is engraved on the back. It is a real Bamford. That isn't what is in question right now.
Old 5 July 2018, 04:28 AM   #6
FlyingSnoopyBWD
"TRF" Member

Can I please get input from someone who knows plenty about Bamford and current values, resale values, etc.
Old 5 July 2018, 05:54 AM   #7
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

[I can claim to know someone who claims to know someone who claims to have made the return trip to Neptune by Saucer.]

I knew someone who knew him, he worked in our Claims Dept.
Old 5 July 2018, 06:00 AM   #8
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
The value is whatever someone would pay for it. I wouldn’t pay $100 for one personally. Plus from what you’ve said the whole deal sounds sketchy.

Just as a reference, DSW has a Bamford Mickey Mouse for sale at $20k. He’s had it quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 July 2018, 01:13 PM   #9
FlyingSnoopyBWD
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the input, the DSW mickey mouse is actually good info. Not sure how it is for sale tho? I am almost certain there was a legal cease a desist sent out on Bamford Rolexes and they were not allowed to be sold anymore. Maybe that was only to AD and DSW is considered grey market enough to avoid the C&D...

Also the DSW Bamford Mickey Mouse doesn't have an original box either. I'm not sure why people say the deal "sounds sketchy". It really isn't. My AD would never risk his reputation on a bunk Bamford. He knows a lot of people, and one day he was eating lunch with a former AD of Bamford. The flying snoopy was on his wrist, and boom he bought it on the spot. It's a legit flying snoopy. I have zero interest in debating the legitimacy of the watch.
Closed Thread