The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 July 2020, 12:50 AM   #31
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRWATCH View Post
I don't think Tudor will ever remake this in Black or Blue , but it’s a good thought. It seems that Tudor are sticking with the snowflake hands on the BB line as a conscious distinct design difference from the Rolex Mercedes hands . Might have been direct instruction from “ the management “.
Agree with this, and thanks for sharing the photo. Drool-worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I think the 58 is the closest we are going to see to the original Tudor Sub.
Also agree with this. It is a delicate balance of product differentiation and giving the people "enough" of what they want. Rolex will keep the name "Submariner," its famous Mercedes hands, and keep the sizing as big as their customer base indicates (with the popularity of the larger cases, seems like this customer base is significant). Tudor will be the route to keep those who want 5-digit Rolex or vintage Tudor Sub sizing interested enough in recent releases, but with very Tudor-like characteristics (Snowflake hands).

I agree with the sentiment of the original post in that I would love to see a re-release of the Tudor Sub. Or rather, at the least, would love to see Tudor Subs available at BB prices. Alas, I'm not going to hold my breath for either of those scenarios to happen. For the time being will enjoy both brands for what I like from each, either new or vintage.
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 02:31 AM   #32
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
With these, the P01, Ranger, North Flag, & Glamour series, I'd hardly call Tudor a 1 trick pony.
dP

I like the diversity that you’re pointing out Dan. The problem is they don’t invest more resources into the other model lines. They just keep tweaking the Black Bay year after year.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 03:00 AM   #33
CalSRQ1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513
I think Tudor has done extremely well lately- hey not every attempt works. The P01 to me is a nice try but, frankly doesn’t appeal to me - in fact reminds me of the Ford Edsel - but I like the fact they are trying.
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 03:07 AM   #34
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
I like the diversity that you’re pointing out Dan. The problem is they don’t invest more resources into the other model lines. They just keep tweaking the Black Bay year after year.
No question Tudor emphasizes the BB series in comparison to the other references. Probably boils down to what sells the most.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
invicta , submariner