The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 26 March 2020, 02:13 PM   #151
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Why is he “sketchy”? I thought he’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 02:14 PM   #152
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Yup those are his black background pics for sure....
Yep, same general location too, only a short drive from his last location.
Old 26 March 2020, 09:07 PM   #153
Handey0465
Banned

Watch: 126711CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Why is he “sketchy”? I thought he’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe its the sketchy means of acquiring the pieces (so not as a seller, but as a buyer)...Clearly taking advantage of ignorant sellers...
Handey0465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 09:55 PM   #154
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handey0465 View Post
I believe its the sketchy means of acquiring the pieces (so not as a seller, but as a buyer)...Clearly taking advantage of ignorant sellers...
Isn’t that an assumption on your part? Do you have first hand knowledge? Not here defending the seller because I have no idea who he or she may be. Just trying to be fair. Some original sellers may want to remain anonymous so they deal with a middleman, for example, much like consignment.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 10:34 PM   #155
1665fan
"TRF" Member

He is sketchy selling franken watches and some pieces with fake parts....like I said earlier in a post I’ve seen him selling a red sub in the 5 million serial range... then you get a fake franken and he says “ohhh I didn’t know that wasn’t original”....yea right
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 01:19 AM   #156
Handey0465
Banned

Watch: 126711CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Isn’t that an assumption on your part? Do you have first hand knowledge? Not here defending the seller because I have no idea who he or she may be. Just trying to be fair. Some original sellers may want to remain anonymous so they deal with a middleman, for example, much like consignment.
You just confirmed my assumption of "ignorant sellers"..

If these people are using this guy as consignment, then they are ignorant...He is listing watches with NO DESCRIPTIONS, and this is intentional.....

If these sellers wanted to maximize the return of their watches, you would not use this guy to sell on EBAY for you....
Handey0465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:10 AM   #157
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handey0465 View Post
You just confirmed my assumption of "ignorant sellers"..

If these people are using this guy as consignment, then they are ignorant...He is listing watches with NO DESCRIPTIONS, and this is intentional.....

If these sellers wanted to maximize the return of their watches, you would not use this guy to sell on EBAY for you....
I’m not disagreeing with you about that. Clearly, most of us on TRF wouldn’t do it that way. But are his watches legitimate?
Old 27 March 2020, 09:02 AM   #158
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
I’m not disagreeing with you about that. Clearly, most of us on TRF wouldn’t do it that way. But are his watches legitimate?
It's s total crap shoot, he takes bad pictures on purpose with little to no information about the watch and then makes sure to mention you are buying as is and he isn't a watch expert, meanwhile he buys and sells millions of dollars or watches per year. Lot's of his watches are legit, lots of them are franken watches too. His selling practices are sketchy but his online reviews and in person reviews from a few people on this board tell you all you need to know about the guy. He uses light scales for weighing out peoples gold and jewels , offers $50-200 for watches worth thousands of dollars etc.
Old 27 March 2020, 09:06 AM   #159
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsking View Post
It's s total crap shoot, he takes bad pictures on purpose with little to no information about the watch and then makes sure to mention you are buying as is and he isn't a watch expert, meanwhile he buys and sells millions of dollars or watches per year. Lot's of his watches are legit, lots of them are franken watches too. His selling practices are sketchy but his online reviews and in person reviews from a few people on this board tell you all you need to know about the guy. He uses light scales for weighing out peoples gold and jewels , offers $50-200 for watches worth thousands of dollars etc.
Whoa. Thanks.
Old 27 March 2020, 12:00 PM   #160
edtheaussie
"TRF" Member

Anyone having trouble seeing the listings on eBay?

I can only see the 'good watches' in the more from this seller box but not actually in the profile?

Edit: don't worry works now... If only they shipped international!
edtheaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 02:56 PM   #161
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
I find the discussions very entertaining about the ethics of buying and selling these watches. How many of us would tell someone selling a vintage sub for $500 the true value? Some saints and altruists May Do the noble thing. Most would grab it and would not talk about it. I have mostly encountered dealers completely uninterested in dealing with me when I know my values. The guys on this board are the exception because we are all on equal footing i guess.
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:50 PM   #162
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
I find the discussions very entertaining about the ethics of buying and selling these watches. How many of us would tell someone selling a vintage sub for $500 the true value? Some saints and altruists May Do the noble thing. Most would grab it and would not talk about it. I have mostly encountered dealers completely uninterested in dealing with me when I know my values. The guys on this board are the exception because we are all on equal footing i guess.
I agree with you to a certain extent , but the light scales , shady pictures and descriptions etc just paint a picture of an all around con man and not a guy just trying to get a deal on a watch.

With all that being said I’ve bought from him before and had mixed results, 1 decent transaction where I got a solid watch but it had undisclosed issue and the other time a full blown Frankenstein which I returned.
Old 27 March 2020, 08:24 PM   #163
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

I've purchased from him once last year. Watch is legit and arrived in about 5 days from Canada to US. Yes it was nerve wrecking the entire time so I suggest to anyone with disposable funds. Also buying the vintage pieces he has are much more of a risk.

SM-N960U
Aquaholic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 10:11 PM   #164
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsking View Post
I agree with you to a certain extent , but the light scales , shady pictures and descriptions etc just paint a picture of an all around con man and not a guy just trying to get a deal on a watch.

With all that being said I’ve bought from him before and had mixed results, 1 decent transaction where I got a solid watch but it had undisclosed issue and the other time a full blown Frankenstein which I returned.
Full blown Frankenstein lol Lol that’s half his pieces lol
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote