The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 July 2018, 11:45 PM   #301
importstunna
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
It looks great. Seriously considering Picking one up to go with the gmt. Despite the apparent 39mm size, it still seems to dwarf the BLNR though. Optical illusion, or is that really the case?

That’s because in his picture the BB39 is closer to the camera. You can tell the BLNR is further and lower in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
importstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2018, 11:48 PM   #302
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by importstunna View Post
That’s because in his picture the BB39 is closer to the camera. You can tell the BLNR is further and lower in his hand.

Yes, I can see that. Despite that, it still looks larger to me however (perspective aside)

Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 01:27 AM   #303
JamieBLNR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gmt-master-ii
It does wear smaller than the GMT. I have tiny wrists to any size difference in the watch tends to get a bit lost.

Very comfy on the wrist.

Bracelet is good although the end links are bit rattly.

3 micro adjustment positions on the clasp.

No easy link.

The gold hands really pop in real life, would not want a platinum/silver version.

Bezel action is lovely too.

I'm over the moon with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JamieBLNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 01:38 AM   #304
Alimamy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060;124270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBLNR View Post
It does wear smaller than the GMT. I have tiny wrists to any size difference in the watch tends to get a bit lost.

Very comfy on the wrist.

3 micro adjustment positions on the clasp.

No easy link.

The gold hands really pop in real life, would not want a platinum/silver version.

Bezel action is lovely too.

I'm over the moon with it.

The end links rattle? Do they not fit precisely between the lugs or against the case?

Just curious, thinking of picking up this watch when it becomes available in the States.

Thank you for sharing pictures and your thoughts. You are among the first posting about the 58.
Alimamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 01:44 AM   #305
exador
Banned

Quote:
Tudor nailed the vintage vibe then
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 04:01 AM   #306
JamieBLNR
"TRF" Member

They just don't feel/sound as solid as the Rolex ones. I haven't had the bracelet off to properly have a look, but it you tap them they just sound a bit rattly. Hard to explain really, maybe some of the other owners can chime in.

Old 16 July 2018, 04:23 AM   #307
JamieBLNR
"TRF" Member

This is a little unfair as the gap is not noticeable on the wrist, but this may be the reason for the rattle.

Old 16 July 2018, 04:39 AM   #308
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
What the End link?
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 05:56 AM   #309
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Thanks to those of you who have been fortunate to get their’s and show us some additional photos
Interesting to read about the bracelet.
However though I hope to get one, fitted to the bracelet, I suspect that very quickly it will be either on a Tudor NATO or one of Erika’s fine straps.
Old 16 July 2018, 07:37 AM   #310
Alimamy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060;124270
Quote:
They just don't feel/sound as solid as the Rolex ones. I haven't had the bracelet off to properly have a look, but it you tap them they just sound a bit rattly. Hard to explain really, maybe some of the other owners can chime in.

Interesting, thank you for the response and for the picture. I could see how the gap might be less noticeable in real life. Incidentally, I think the hands and watch look really nice in the photo.

Can't wait to try this one on in person. If it is solid enough (finishing on cases, bracelt, hands and dial markers), and comfortable on the wrist, I will be picking it up as a casual daily wearer.

I am cross shopping it with a few other watches and will probably make a decision this fall.
Alimamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 07:39 AM   #311
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the pictures JamieBLNR - am on the waiting list and the gap in the SEL will be one I will be checking for sure.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 07:47 AM   #312
Mr.Jack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Think this may be the perfect diver to itch the leather scratch. I just can't get over the riveted bracelet, but the gold accents and matte dial pop with that leather strap option.
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 08:36 AM   #313
horonet17
"TRF" Member

Looks great!
horonet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 08:41 AM   #314
Coopdog
"TRF" Member

Oh man I’ve been waiting for this to come to Southern California for months. Painful seeing others wearing them and no call from the 4 sources I am on waitlist for. But congrats to those who have them, enjoy it. I am checking the internet an unhealthy amount for updates on this watch. It is the perfect size, shape, style, quality, and price for what I was looking for when it got announced at BW... couple more weeks....
Coopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 09:31 AM   #315
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
This is a little unfair as the gap is not noticeable on the wrist, but this may be the reason for the rattle.

Having owned a couple of modern Tudors, I'm surprised by that rather large gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 06:48 PM   #316
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

They've hit Australia! Just got a call from AD. They got one in today and it's waiting in the safe for me. Pretty excited.

Old 16 July 2018, 07:55 PM   #317
devmonkii
"TRF" Member

Great looking watch!

Does the braceket taper to 16mm, and if so, why is the taper less noticable then on a Rolex?
devmonkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2018, 11:53 PM   #318
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Will US be the last to get em?
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 12:15 AM   #319
Hands90
"TRF" Member

This watch has such a nice profile. I never thought my BB sat too high but this one is perfect. I'll have to get one down the line.

Discounts on TUDOR!
Nope - not going to happen.

1. I was in a mall where a Jewelry shop was going out of business. They really didn't have that much worth looking at brand wise. Lots of lower end brands and some preowned Omega's. Knowing what I know now I would have tried to score a really good deal on something.
At this time the North Flag just came out. They had one and I was talking to them about buying it but they would not move at all on the price of any Tudor watches. I'm assuming they can't under contract or maybe I'm thinking they send them back to Tudor/Rolex.

2. I was at a local Tudor/IWC/Omega official seller. The other sales person has told me he would do a killer deal on an ugly Ploprof I'm assuming they have had in stock for years.
The day I went he was not there but I'm a customer and I've spent serious money at this store.
I saw they had 3 Tudor Rangers. I asked them if I buy one of these right now what could you do on the price. I got a nasty look and she was like no. No moving on the price.
Again I've spent a lot of money here and I was there finalizing a sale on a ring.

So I'm pretty sure Tudor sellers can not discount.

Side Note: I feel like the GMT is going to bottom out in value I've seen so many for sale already.
Hands90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 01:13 AM   #320
aurenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
This watch has such a nice profile. I never thought my BB sat too high but this one is perfect. I'll have to get one down the line.

Discounts on TUDOR!

1. I was in a mall where a Jewelry shop was going out of business. They really didn't have that much worth looking at brand wise. Lots of lower end brands and some preowned Omega's. Knowing what I know now I would have tried to score a really good deal on something.
At this time the North Flag just came out. They had one and I was talking to them about buying it but they would not move at all on the price of any Tudor watches. I'm assuming they can't under contract or maybe I'm thinking they send them back to Tudor/Rolex.

2. I was at a local Tudor/IWC/Omega official seller. The other sales person has told me he would do a killer deal on an ugly Ploprof I'm assuming they have had in stock for years.
The day I went he was not there but I'm a customer and I've spent serious money at this store.
I saw they had 3 Tudor Rangers. I asked them if I buy one of these right now what could you do on the price. I got a nasty look and she was like no. No moving on the price.
Again I've spent a lot of money here and I was there finalizing a sale on a ring.

Side Note: I feel like the GMT is going to bottom out in value I've seen so many for sale already.
I don't what are you just said, but when i was in Rome i was thinking about buying pelagos blue. So i visited two ADs and asked for discount and i was offered 10% discount easily. IMHO i would manage to get ~15% off.
aurenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 02:11 AM   #321
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
It's a lovely watch. I've ordered one for my son's 21st

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 03:45 AM   #322
Gerry.GEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp1 Mk2
I have the older one (thicker case)...

...and I must say, it's really nice especially on the rivet bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tudor1.jpg (280.1 KB, 956 views)
Gerry.GEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 03:58 AM   #323
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Quote:

Wow, my ETA Black Bay doesn’t have a gap like that.
Old 17 July 2018, 05:51 AM   #324
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Wasn't the same issue with gaps in the endlinks on new rolex models also brought up in a recent thread? I don't believe this is a Tudor only issue.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 06:41 AM   #325
tudorhoro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza_actual View Post
Wow, my ETA Black Bay doesn’t have a gap like that.
I'm a happy bb58 owner. The gap on mine is just about noticeable visually, probably less than half the gap of this example. Perhaps check with AD if bothering you...
tudorhoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 08:22 AM   #326
ThePoorUniStudent
"TRF" Member

BB58 for a first watch

Hi everyone,
Very new to the thread so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked - I'm still yet to familiarize myself with how to navigate the page.

As you can see I'm a uni student with a recently found love for watches, despite not actually owning a nice (for lack of a better word) watch. I've done a fair bit of research for a few months now and I've saved quite a bit of money and am seriously considering the BB58 as my first watch. I'm looking for a watch the I can wear every day in almost every social setting, be it, casually or with a suit and tie.

My question is, do you think this is a viable first watch? Additionally, does anyone think they will release different color schemes? I absolutely adore the Rolex explorer I however it's price point is a little unrealistic for me and I don't feel as a 19 year old I deserve a Rolex!
Thanks in advance and apologies once again.
ThePoorUniStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 09:05 AM   #327
op90no2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoorUniStudent View Post
I've done a fair bit of research for a few months now and I've saved quite a bit of money and am seriously considering the BB58 as my first watch.

You don't want to hear this, but IMHO what you need to be doing now is thinking about saving money, not spending it on luxury toys.

This Seiko (for instance) is lovely and cost $340, new, shipped from Japan.
op90no2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 09:13 AM   #328
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Tudor Black Bay 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoorUniStudent View Post

My question is, do you think this is a viable first watch? Additionally, does anyone think they will release different color schemes? I absolutely adore the Rolex explorer I however it's price point is a little unrealistic for me and I don't feel as a 19 year old I deserve a Rolex!

Thanks in advance and apologies once again.

Viable first watch... Far better than my first mechanicals.

Yes, divers these days are for everything other than black tie, although many wear for this as well.

Tudor have over 50 variants of the Black Bay now, so yes the odds are there will be variations on this one in the future. BUT, don't not buy a watch because of this because you'll end up never owning one as there's ALWAYS something coming up.

PS. I'm picking my 58 up from AD in about 2 hours!

Old 17 July 2018, 09:26 AM   #329
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post

Discounts on TUDOR!

Huh??

1. They paid wholesale (cost) and Tudor MAY buy them back at cost if they gave up their franchise, but Tudor wasn't going to pay them a profit to send the watches back. That is if they would even take them back at all, not sure. To not discount them is their policy entirely and a pretty dumb one that that. Any dollar over cost is still profit. Just like in any other business.

2. Because another dealer wouldn't discount doesn't mean that Tudor AD's "can not discount". They pay cost for the watches, they own them, they can sell them for whatever they darn well choose to. They have approximately 42% markup to play with. You just ran into 2 AD's that chose not to discount. Sucks

I have got many significant discounts on many Tudor watches from 2 different AD's. Just have to know how and when to push the limits and now on a Diet Pepsi or BB58 is not the time or the place.
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 10:28 AM   #330
ThePoorUniStudent
"TRF" Member

I appreciate the advice.

I completely agree with your point but for whatever reason I am worried about missing the boat with this one. Not for a second do a doubt the legibility of a Seiko - my Grandfathers Seiko that he wore in Vietnam still works today.

Everything about the BB58 seems to speak to me; it's the perfect size for my wrist, a sturdy tool for everyday use, vintage accents... everything about it is perfect for me. I'm torn.
ThePoorUniStudent is offline   Reply With Quote